Heaven Society - Week 51 Anime Poll

LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 51 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

this is special week picked by random number generator so no categories

Eden of The East

This was suggested by @Charger saying "Vary interesting story that seems to be hard to unravel as it is happening. The why it starts out is rather interesting since he has no idea who he is or what it going on just being naked with a gun in front of the white house. "

On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be called as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory. and he is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding with the other hand. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.
Read more at ANN

hjWWSIR.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

5 Centimeters per Second

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "This is a love story in 3 acts. It's got beautiful animation and the story really grabs your heart and squeezes it. It's slow, but I like that. Gives you time to appreciate the animation. Read the epilogue manga novel after you watch it. It adds to the ending."

A tale of two people, Tono Takaki and Shinohara Akari, who were close friends but gradually grow farther and farther apart as time moves on. They become separated because of their families yet continue to exchange contact in the form of letters. Yet as time continues to trudge on, their contact with one another begins to cease. Years pass and the rift between them grows ever larger. However, Takaki remembers the times they have shared together, but as life continues to unfold for him, he wonders if he would be given the chance to meet Akari again as the tale embarks on Takaki's realization of the world and people around him.
Read more at ANN

kqJLsc7.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Psycho-Pass

This was suggested by @gastew15 saying "With the Psycho-Pass reboot playing right now setting up for the 2nd season in October and the movie coming shortly after I feel like it's definitely a good candidate. The show it's self has a very nice near future kind of Utopia/distopia atmosphere to it along with the interesting perspective of a new police officer, which is certainly unique to a genre usually about the 'oppressed', and it has nice stylized visuals along with a great soundtrack."

The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" in the anime's title refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kōgami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.
Read more at ANN

ToVbfMd.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross

This was suggested by @Legion saying "I really don't know what to say about this show, Its one most people will have seen. Its a classic in Mecha. A solid story but I think the real highlight of the show to me is the itano circus. We've all seen a wild unrealistic barrage of missiles in our favourite mecha shows. Well you can thank this series right here. Honestly the Anime itself is pretty sweet."

In 1999, an alien spaceship crashes on South Ataria Island and makes the human race aware of other life in space. Ten years later, the ship is reconstructed and christened as the SDF-1 Macross. However, on the day of its maiden voyage, an alien race called the Zentradi make their appearance on Earth—thus beginning Space War I, a UN Spacy/Zentradi war that would change the history of both races forever.
Read more at ANN

ebF8WQb.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

This was suggested by @Rashy saying "Its about the world of Alchemy and Equivalent Exchange, in order to make something, one must present something of equal value. The story of two brothers adventuring to find the Philosopher's Stone which can Amplify Alchemy. Two brothers lost their mother due to a plague and they use Alchemy to revive her, Taboo at its finest, The toll for reviving their mother is Elric losing his Leg and Alphonse losing his entire body. Elric who cannot live without his brother affixed his soul to an armor but that also has a toll, Elrics Arm. Getting the Philosophers stone means Getting Alphonse's Body and Elric's Parts back, even if it means becoming State Alchemist. I don't always Copy/Paste Synopsis, I make them myself with how far I'm in the series knowledge. Well its super fun to watch for you guys who loves action, i always mistake Al with a girl. And it makes Super Serious Situations to Comedy Laugh, filled with mysteriousness and action, I couldn't resist."

Two brothers lose their mother to an incurable disease. With the power of "alchemy", they use taboo knowledge to resurrect her. The process fails, and as a toll for using this type of alchemy, the older brother, Edward Elric loses his left leg while the younger brother, Alphonse Elric loses his entire body. To save his brother, Edward sacrifices his right arm and is able to affix his brother's soul to a suit of armor. With the help of a family friend, Edward receives metal limbs - "automail" - to replace his lost ones. With that, Edward vows to search for the Philosopher's Stone to return the brothers to their original bodies, even if it means becoming a "State Alchemist", one who uses his/her alchemy for the military.
Read more at ANN

BOhjdTt.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Miqle @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005 @JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Gigamegabyte @dr_deconstruct @Skybane @MeMe @Oasis @dragoon20005 @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony; TakaIcscp @Technicolors @flip1012 @MechEdge @Vlazzy @Nuluvius @valdyrgramr

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

voted psycho pass since on my to watch list anyway

although, i feel anyone who hasn't seen fma brotherhood might be doing themselves a disservice

Hmm, Macross or 5 Centimeters per Second. Both are ones I want to watch.

@Charger are you slipping or is my memory worse than I thought. Didn't Psycho-Pass win once already?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I just finished FMA:B ~ a week ago.

Very good.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hmm, Macross or 5 Centimeters per Second. Both are ones I want to watch.

@Charger are you slipping or is my memory worse than I thought. Didn't Psycho-Pass win once already?

i dont have it marked as a winner but maybe i missed it

Eden of the east it is. Haven't watched any anime from weekly polls for a while now.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I think we know what will win.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think we know what will win.

Yeah....

But that not how it's suppose to work. Everyone should vote for series they haven't seen, not series they like/know best!

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Yeah....

But that not how it's suppose to work. Everyone should vote for series they haven't seen, not series they like/know best!

Not really, I should just vote for the anime I like and like I want to watch/re-watch/watched.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Eden of the East was a disappointment to me. While the promise of the show wasn't bad, they didn't even finish the damn thing, was a complete waste of my time. I then saw the first movie and just couldn't care enough about the series to actually watch the second movie as well(which wasn't out yet when I first watched this series), so I don't know if it actually got a proper ending or not and at this point I don't care, hate it when they do stuff like this.

5 Centimeters per Second, everyone back then were praising it for it's glorious graphics... yet the story was forgettable at best IMO.

Psycho-Pass is pretty good, but wasn't my kind of anime so I ended up dropping it. I can totally see something like that happening in a near/distant future and it's scary.

I got nothing to say about The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, never saw it, never cared to.

And so I vote for FMA: Brotherhood, excellent series, actually is complete and not a filler-fest like the original FMA anime was.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Chanting ; Pscho Pass ! Psycho Pass ! Psycho Pass ! Psycho Pass ! ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Watched both psycho pass and full metal alchemist, they are both very good animes. A lot of action in both, Psycho pass is a bet more adultish in terms of artwork.

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

5cps is pretty great but Eden of the East is worlds better than anything else on the poll, it was fantastic.

Im sorry but Macross Deserves the win this time around!

I still need this (from the Macross Pachinko game):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvkJ1ISTfo

Also OG Gundam VS OG Macross in my opinion the latter wins...

Well, we can just make both FMA: Brotherhood and Psycho-Pass win...

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

Well, we can just make both FMA: Brotherhood and Psycho-Pass win...

no way #FightThePower

Come onnn 5 centimeters per second!!!!!

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Come one Psychopass !!!! 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...