How did you become interested in computers?

bob345

Just as the title says. How did you become interested in computers or other tech? I go into computers mainly because my father used to work for applied materials and he would always have all theses fancy computer he would bring home for cad programs and such. I always wanted to figure out how they worked as a kid.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I think I started a year or so ago when my grandparents asked me to sort out and build their business servers

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Parents bought me an old PC. Started to educate myself and fell in love...with linus that is

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Cause I had one W98 PC....

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

My friend Luke showed me Gmod when I was in 7th grade. I fell in love with the game, and we killed so many hours playing it. From there on, I lost all interest  in consoles and started learning about computers. I've gotten bored of it now pretty much though, who wouldn't after almost hitting 1k hours :P Oh my lord......thats 38 days of my life  :blink:

tTdZQux.jpg

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I had a great imagination in the early 80's and then the old man brought a commodore 64 in 84. I was hooked from then.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I saw my friend's build with a Cosmos and an ssd raid. He helped me build mine.

Voila.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Dont remember why, have always been interested in computers.

My first computer was a Commodore 20 (Vic 20). I find one in a museum last week, made me feel old :(

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

Computers always fascinated me and I used computers for most of my life. Building my first computer really made me fall in love with the computer scene. :)

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Lost all use of my right arm and while I was going through my 9 major surgeries I never left my house.. So I bought a computer and learned all I could about it .And 6 months ago I finally built my first computer which is in my signature..

A year after my transition from console (It was a PS2, where i grinded heaps of Square Enix and Final Fantasy games old days ;) ) where i wished to play games outside Nexon, Unfortunately, it was then that i found out my computer couldn't run most of the games because of the low specs. Thats how i found LTT :) 

I was just sitting around not doing anything and I suddenly decided that I wanted to make a gaming computer. I stayed awake until 3 in the morning absorbing as much information as possible. and continued to do so for about the next year.

I was always interested in computers but when I was 12 our family PC started slowing down so my parents bought more ram and a larger hard drive and they let me install the components. After that I have been hooked.

Wanted a gaming rig, dad wouldnt pay, and pre built ones weren't cheap. So i saved up and made my own.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Since child, I am into video games. Family computer, SNES, PS1, then PS2. Then 2004 came, my father had a salary bonus. We used the money to buy a custom PC. Thing is, we did not built it. We let our adult cousin(I was like 13yo) pick the parts and build it, also pay for labor. It was bad, Pentium 4, generic motherboard, generic psu, generic(savage) video card, generic ram. We weren't able to play the games we like, even Need for Speed Underground. That is where it all started. Me and my older brother, upgraded it incrementally with our own money. Then college came, old rig died, need to build a new one for my server lab and programming, research most of the time because want to get it right. Saw LinusTechTips and NCIXcom channels on youtube then able to build decent gaming rig.

TL;DR - gaming, technicality

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

Don't even know ... It just happened. Just gamed a lot I guess.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

I almost bought an Alienware X51...*shudders*

luckily a friend talked me out of it, told me to build one for cheaper. started researching and realized, like most of us have realized, computers are just complex adult Legos. I loved Legos growing up and I became more and more interested. Built mine. love it. now all I want to do is build :D

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I don't know... 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I always was mostly a pc gamer, and at the age of 16, my dad told me I could buy my own pc because I was complaining about my parents' iMac I was gaming on at the time (yea I know, I don't even..).

I got myself a summer job and I wanted to get the most out of my money, and after I did some browsing, I found out that building a pc was the cheapest for gaming :D

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I was always into electronics, but I really got into desktop PCs when I started playing combat arms and my computer could not run it. Started researching and get a GTS 450. Kinda just escalated from there...

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

My grandfather got me into it back when i was about 11, took my first PC apart and put it back together again. Now I am hooked and love building computers! :D this is 6 yers later! 

Self-education through Linus. Was researching how to upgrade a laptop's RAM I think. But I've always liked to reverse-engineer and open up stuff lol. :P

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I always played Call of Duty,Medal of Honor, and Battlefield 1942 on my dad's old PC as a kid, and he got a new GPU one day, and I just stared at the old one that he took out for about 10 minutes, and spent the next week contemplating why in the world this man would take out a piece of the machine that could play my precious MoH and attempt to replace it with another piece that looked exactly the same.

Years later, after many hours and countless nights of playing each game, as well as a butt ton of a few flight sims and Delta Force, I wanted to play them all around the house, not just in my converted garage, so my parents got me a laptop, an extremely overpriced one at that, but this was after i spent a total of a month noobtubing and catching NVA on Fire in BFBC2. I started to look up BFBC2 for PC, since I knew it had 32 players, and found out about steam. before going out and purchasing it, I looked up if I could run it on my new and shiny laptop. Turns out I couldn't, so I looked up the minimum specs for it, which, to my dismay, were far out of reach. I looked up the GPU, and was brought to Newegg.....and so began the month long session of me building extreme builds with a few clicks of my mouse, ad an itch in the back of my mind like no other.

Really just always been into computers..

It all basically started when I was around 10 and I had a brilliant idea about saving for my own laptop...

I think I must have spent hours researching certain components and how things work inside computers and my intrest basically just grew from there and the older I got the more hooked I became.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D