Good Portable Headphone Amp

General_Led

So I'm looking for a portable headphone amp to power my AKG k612s off of my Note 4. I'm looking to spend around $25. I saw the Fiio e6 on b&h photo for $23, would it be enough to power the headphones?

Is the fiio e6 any good? It's $23 on B&H with free shipping.

It's good, providing the headphone is not insanely power hungry one. In other words, it will perform well if used within its limitation of power, which isn't much when you're looking at more inefficient headphones. 

The other downside is the short battery life, and the sound will degrade little by little when the battery is nearing out of charge (voltage dropped). There's a workaround this, if you know your way around solder guns: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/319814-diy-fiio-e6-battery-mod-image-heavy/

To sum up, it's good for the price. 

It's good, providing the headphone is not insanely power hungry one. In other words, it will perform well if used within its limitation of power, which isn't much when you're looking at more inefficient headphones. 

The other downside is the short battery life, and the sound will degrade little by little when the battery is nearing out of charge (voltage dropped). There's a workaround this, if you know your way around solder guns: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/319814-diy-fiio-e6-battery-mod-image-heavy/

To sum up, it's good for the price. 

Well the headphones I'd be trying to power are the AKG K612, would it be able to power them? Battery life isn't a huge deal since I have 2 2000mah and 1 10,000mah battery banks.

Well the headphones I'd be trying to power are the AKG K612, would it be able to power them? Battery life isn't a huge deal since I have 2 2000mah and 1 10,000mah battery banks.

Woahhhh, 612 pro is 101dB/V, roughly equal to 91.8dB/mW. That's a pretty inefficient headphone. I'd say 50-50 chance. If you want, you can get it, try it on carefully, and if it's not up to the task or you don't like it, just sell it as open box.

I highly dought it would work at a acceptable rate, it may work for a little but the battery would wear down really quick before you would have to charge it again, trust me I have one with a 91.8dB/mW as creatip123 pointed out, that thing is really inefficient, which isn't a bad thing just that you either need to up you're budget and get a better amp or stick to in home use.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I highly dought it would work at a acceptable rate, it may work for a little but the battery would wear down really quick before you would have to charge it again, trust me I have one with a 91.8dB/mW as creatip123 pointed out, that thing is really inefficient, which isn't a bad thing just that you either need to up you're budget and get a better amp or stick to in home use.

Woahhhh, 612 pro is 101dB/V, roughly equal to 91.8dB/mW. That's a pretty inefficient headphone. I'd say 50-50 chance. If you want, you can get it, try it on carefully, and if it's not up to the task or you don't like it, just sell it as open box.

What would you recommend?

What would you recommend?

Fio E11k is what I would say would work decent a bit larger then the E6 though.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Actually, I think just the E07k should be enough. E11k got better amp (better sound, cleaner, and stuffs), but as for power, it should be pretty much the same as E07k.

Actually, I think just the E07k should be enough. E11k got better amp (better sound, cleaner, and stuffs), but as for power, it should be pretty much the same as E07k.

Agreed forgot about the E07k.

Are there any cheaper options? I just bought a e10k so I'm a bit on a budget.