something to cut acrylic tube?

is there anything i can use to get a nice clean cut on acrylic tube because i hack saw does not seem like the best method

would it be possible to use something like this

31PB4Yc2PUL.jpg

you can just just a hacksaw and clean it up with a file, however those tools are good but expensive. Another thing to consider is those cutters are in standard pipe diameters (10mm, 15mm, 22mm). so make sure you get the one that fits the pipe, you can get some adjustable ones that are a bit more expensive but fit a range of pipes.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Use a torch or sandpaper to clean the cut after you use a hack saw. You can't get much better than that without a laser cutter.

Use a torch or sandpaper to clean the cut after you use a hack saw. You can't get much better than that without a laser cutter.

:blink: torch?!

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

torch lol

jig swag and sand paper seems perfect

torch lol

jig swag and sand paper seems perfect

Jig sawg... Like a boss.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

A brick and a toy firetruck

Hm... Do you run over the tube with the firetruck and sand down the tube with the brick?

Yes exactly you are smart for understanding

Think outside the box.

Or think inside of the outside of the inside box

So.. Think in the outside of the inside box? BOXCEPTION! :D

I hope you all realise that when I said torch, I was referring to a type of lighter :D

I hope you all realise that when I said torch, I was referring to a type of lighter :D

Yeah I know. You dont cut acrylic with a flashlight... Lol. Im just wondering how you can pull that off without melting the majority of the tube...

Jigsaw or dremel like others have said.  Then sand/file the end of the tube down to a smooth surface.  Depending on the push fittings you're using you'll have to file around the tube to get it to fit.  

Jigsaw or dremel like others have said.  Then sand/file the end of the tube down to a smooth surface.  Depending on the push fittings you're using you'll have to file around the tube to get it to fit.  

http://www.e22.biz/tubingprepguide.aspx#.UfKZimQpaVo

Yeah I know. You dont cut acrylic with a flashlight... Lol. Im just wondering how you can pull that off without melting the majority of the tube...

Haven't watched it as I'm at work but it was the first result, probably a load of crap :p

Haven't watched it as I'm at work but it was the first result, probably a load of crap :P

Oh crap! That was cool though.