SENNHEISER downgrade from waranty return?

rainbrodash666

here's the story, in October of 2014 I bought a pair of brand new HD439 headphones, I loved them but after a while they got a weird bend in the end of the headphone band, I return them for warranty with no problem on the 18th of march.

when I receive them back from that they have a problem where sometimes the left ear cup wont make sound but removing and re inserting the removable headphone cable fixes that. it gets really annoying after a while and I send them back in for repair again on the 10th of June,

but today I receive a pair of HD429's as a replacement, I am very unhappy as the biggest selling point of the 439's was the removable cable and my preference of the micro fibre like ear cups and head band. not happy at all about the situation and not sure what to do next, I emailed sennheiser and contacted them on social media. any ideas or advice?

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Warranty should replace for the same or better if the same is not being manufactured anymore. Contact them and tell them about the situation, social media is quite powerful and may get your query answered quicker.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Wait for their reply. A simple message such as 'Hey, I sent in my HD439 for repair and you've sent me back a pair of HD429's, why?' Should get the ball rolling into receiving the correct headphones.

Sennheiser are usually pretty good with customer support (In my experience) Just wait and see what they say, I'm sure they'll solve it and that the HD429s were sent out in error.

- Nathan

read the warranty, says exactly what they are obligated to do. They did what they needed to but I am sure if you bitch you may get a "go away" upgrade. 

read the warranty, says exactly what they are obligated to do. They did what they needed to but I am sure if you bitch you may get a "go away" upgrade. 

how? their warranty says "replacements will be the same model or a model of like kind and quality" what they did is a straight up downgrade.

and if you misread above ill explain it,

the model I sent(HD439) in has detachable headphone cable with a short 3.5 foot cable and a longer 12 foot cable, soft velour or microfiber pads on headband and ear pads, and a silver accent ring around the side. also an upgraded driver with better bass response.

the headphones I received back (HD429) have none of that. fixed cable, scratchy(for lack of a better term) pleather like ear pads, and drivers that are lacking in bass.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

how? their warranty says "replacements will be the same model or a model of like kind and quality" what they did is a straight up downgrade.

and if you misread above ill explain it,

the model I sent(HD439) in has detachable headphone cable with a short 3.5 foot cable and a longer 12 foot cable, soft velour or microfiber pads on headband and ear pads, and a silver accent ring around the side. also an upgraded driver with better bass response.

the headphones I received back (HD429) have none of that. fixed cable, scratchy(for lack of a better term) pleather like ear pads, and drivers that are lacking in bass.

it's the wording...what you call a straight up downgrade is a matter of opinion. it's also not just the tech specs, its the value. They are roughly the same price. 

Nah. I think it's just an honest mistake, they shipped the wrong headphone to you.

It's almost as if humans run the company.  :rolleyes:

it's the wording...what you call a straight up downgrade is a matter of opinion. it's also not just the tech specs, its the value. They are roughly the same price. 

That's not "wording" and if things were handled by opinion that would be awful, good thing it's not....

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

That's not "wording" and if things were handled by opinion that would be awful, good thing it's not....

right! because being the same price is an opinion. 

it is a FACT that the msrp of the HD439 is higher than that of the HD429 because of the features that the HD439 has example: removable headphone cable.

and it is a fact that it is a downgrade simply because sennheiser uses a ascending numbers within a series to show how a headphone will perform and its feature set.

HD439 msrp: $74.95

HD429 msrp: $64.95

Spoiler

Nah. I think it's just an honest mistake, they shipped the wrong headphone to you.

yeah probably, I hope I can get this resolved though, I have been waiting so I can use my mic while game streaming. have only had my studio monitors since I had to send the phones back in.

It's almost as if humans run the company.  :rolleyes:

possibly androids or humanoid robots. :P

Spoiler

possibly androids or humanoid robots. :P

Well, they are a German company...

Anyway, I really do think that they made an honest mistake. I had to return a pair of IE80s to them for a warranty jobbie and they replaced them with a brand new pair, and no issues or questions asked (though it was through no fault of my own that they broke :P) I do truly believe that it was an honest mistake, and that they will fix the issue for you. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Well, they are a German company...

Anyway, I really do think that they made an honest mistake. I had to return a pair of IE80s to them for a warranty jobbie and they replaced them with a brand new pair, and no issues or questions asked (though it was through no fault of my own that they broke :P) I do truly believe that it was an honest mistake, and that they will fix the issue for you. 

yeah, they emailed back this morning, full replacement and I keep the other par for the trouble. i think i might give em to my brother his hd428's that I got him for Christmas 3 years ago got the cord pulled out of them by a bully at school.

Spoiler

yeah, they emailed back this morning, full replacement and I keep the other par for the trouble. i think i might give em to my brother his hd428's that I got him for Christmas 3 years ago got the cord pulled out of them by a bully at school.

Well then, didn't that just turn into the best warranty service ever. Hope your brother enjoys his free headset lol

Well then, didn't that just turn into the best warranty service ever. Hope your brother enjoys his free headset lol

not quite, I sent in my Coolermaster GX750 bronze psu that had melted the cpu 8 pin cable and got a Coolermaster V1200 Platinum in return.

Spoiler

not quite, I sent in my Coolermaster GX750 bronze psu that had melted the cpu 8 pin cable and got a Coolermaster V1200 Platinum in return.

Hah, that's pretty sweet!

I actually ended up sending my AX1500i back to Corsair (Funny story, it wasn't starting in system but the self test worked fine) and stupidly forgot to throw the cables back in the box, they made an exception on  that requirement for me and replaced it regardless.

I've got two sets of cables lying around now...

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Hah, that's pretty sweet!

I actually ended up sending my AX1500i back to Corsair (Funny story, it wasn't starting in system but the self test worked fine) and stupidly forgot to throw the cables back in the box, they made an exception on  that requirement for me and replaced it regardless.

I've got two sets of cables lying around now...

thats nice of them, but I have to give props to asus and coolermaster, the cpu 8 pin cable was melted and shorting and it did not blow up the psu and did not fry my crosshair v formula z or FX9590. either of those would have sucked.

Spoiler

thats nice of them, but I have to give props to asus and coolermaster, the cpu 8 pin cable was melted and shorting and it did not blow up the psu and did not fry my crosshair v formula z or FX9590. either of those would have sucked.

I think you're just a lucky duck :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I think you're just a lucky duck :P

yeah, especialy because I won the FX9590 lcs kit. with 9590 and coolermaster seidon 120xl, and a topre type heaven keyboard that I traded for my HD7870's

Spoiler