Plantronics GameCom 777 or equally good !

JackTham

i am looking to buy this  Plantronics GameCom 777.Is this a good headphone ? i would like a headphone that have USB for the sound card and head jack so that i can also plug in to my smartphone .however i am having difficulties viewing this product and buying it online as some site state it is 5.1 some say that it is 7.1 ?So which one is true ?or is it when i plug in the jack  through USB together it will be 7.1 and it is 5.1 when i just plug in the 3.5 without the usb ?so which is which ??totally confused.Or can someone suggest me a headphone that have jack and USB for the sound card that is of same price and lower price .Any helps or recommendation is appreciated !!

i am looking to buy this  Plantronics GameCom 777.Is this a good headphone ? i would like a headphone that have USB for the sound card and head jack so that i can also plug in to my smartphone .however i am having difficulties viewing this product and buying it online as some site state it is 5.1 some say that it is 7.1 ?So which one is true ?or is it when i plug in the jack  through USB together it will be 7.1 and it is 5.1 when i just plug in the 3.5 without the usb ?so which is which ??totally confused.Or can someone suggest me a headphone that have jack and USB for the sound card that is of same price and lower price .Any helps or recommendation is appreciated !!

Gotta understand first what those '5.1 surround' and '7.1 surround headset' means and how they work. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/331886-71-headphones/

Gotta understand first what those '5.1 surround' and '7.1 surround headset' means and how they work. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/331886-71-headphones/

Thanks for the information !! :D  then i quess it is more on the gimmick on getting a 5.1 or 7.1 headphone and 2 driver and spending too much for the multi driver headphone.Anyway can someone recommend me a good headphone with OVER THE EAR design n nice comfortable padding and a good price and with a good microphone.My budget will be usd 63 or less .obviously i want a headphone that match the price point.Any recommendation and help is appreciated.Gonna use it for skpe gaming movie and music...

Thanks for the information !! :D  then i quess it is more on the gimmick on getting a 5.1 or 7.1 headphone and 2 driver and spending too much for the multi driver headphone.Anyway can someone recommend me a good headphone with over the ear design n nice comfortable padding and a good price and with a good microphone.My budget will be usd 63 or less .obviosuly i want a headphone that match the price point

There aren't many good choices in that price range. Maybe AD500x or HD518, both around 70 bucks. 

Cheaper ones are superlux products.