Potential Gaming Rig

RetroPJ

Hello there, I've been wanting to build a gaming rig and i just want to be sure i'm use by budget as effectively as i can.

Parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MqYn4D

If there's anything I should change please tell me.

Budget: Maximum of $1000arrow-10x10.png

Better crab a 290x 

EDIT: I think this SSD is not a good choice, think the v300 was a crappy one

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Scrap the SSD, it's a terrible one anyways, just go with the Blue for storage and shell out as much as you can on graphics.

Sig under construction.

Hello there, I've been wanting to build a gaming rig and i just want to be sure i'm use by budget as effectively as i can.

Parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MqYn4D

If there's anything I should change please tell me.

Budget: Maximum of $1000arrow-10x10.png

get e.g a 290x and save a bit of money on the mobo, just get a gigabyte h97 d3h (89$) or something like that

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Make that GTX 960 a GTX 970 and you're golden.

who cares...

Cut back on the case, throw out the SSD and buy Windows from Reddit  or download the 10 preview to get a 10 key for free on July 29th and then put that extra cash towards a better GPU. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Scrap the SSD, it's a terrible one anyways, just go with the Blue for storage and shell out as much as you can on graphics.

i agree with you, win8.1 is incredible fast even with no ssd

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Better crab a 290x 

EDIT: I think this SSD is not a good choice, think the v300 was a crappy one

What's bad about the Kingston V300? I just put one into a friend's build. Is there something i should be worried about?

who cares...

Get a smaller motherboard (ATX instead of E-ATX), and get a cheaper case. S340 or something (the motherboard you have chosen won't fit in that case anyways). Also get an H97 motherboard. with that CPU you have no need for a Z97 board.

Take the money saved from the cheaper mobo and case, and get a better GPU. Ram looks fine.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What's bad about the Kingston V300? I just put one into a friend's build. Is there something i should be worried about?

AFAIK the v300 series is BS, failes fast and is not reliable

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

Wow thats some real BS, I didn't even know that they are allowed to do stuff like this

Here a much better rig. Better mobo, better SSD, way better GPU( an 960 is underpowering for an i5).

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($166.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($95.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($319.99 @ NCIX US) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1007.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-27 13:54 EDT-0400

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Get a smaller motherboard (ATX instead of E-ATX), and get a cheaper case. S340 or something (the motherboard you have chosen won't fit in that case anyways). Also get an H97 motherboard. with that CPU you have no need for a Z97 board.

Take the money saved from the cheaper mobo and case, and get a better GPU. Ram looks fine.

Read it again 'Z97-E' ATX

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Read it again 'Z97-E' ATX

Still no point in getting it with a 4460 CPU. Could save money (same with the case) and get a better GPU with a bit more oomph.

Updated rig based on comments: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BfMRXL

Looks good to me.

Not sure if that power supply is powerful enough for a 290x or not though. You'd need to ask someone who knows more about power supplies than I do.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Updated rig based on comments: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BfMRXL

I would avoid that PSU, CXs are known for not being of great quality, you can opt for a 970 which is better than a 290 at 1080p, that case is kinda meh but ok. Other than that the build is fine.

Setup