Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Black Screen on Boot

I've been struggling with my computer booting to a black screen for a while now.

I have a temporary fix wich is boot windows 8 in safe mode uninstall the GPU driver, reboot and then re-install

the drivers (works only with Catalyst 14.12, as Catalyst 15.5 crashes during install and causes a black screen).

Once I do this, if I reboot when the driver install prompts me to, generally the computer works until I turn it off,

which it fails to do and just hangs on a black screen with the fans still spinning.  When I turn it on it boots to

a black screen again and I have to repeat the whole process.

I tried this using both the R9 280 and the HD 7950 firmware on my card and it makes no difference.

Does anyone of you guys know of a more permanent solution other than reinstalling windows or buying a new card?

CPU: i5-3490k @ 4.0Ghz | CPU & GPU Cooler: Custom Watercooling Loop |  Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 7 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 12GB 1866Mhz | Graphics Card: ASUS R9 290

HDD: Seagate 1TBx2 + 240GB Plextor M6e | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 | Monitor: 2 Random 21" TVs