Galaxy s5 Picture Stabilization Gone

azurite2
Go to solution Solved by RainfallWithin,

I have found this forum thread on technobezz.com with a post that states:

http://forums.technobezz.com/threads/fixed-picture-stabilization-galaxy-s5-missing-lollipop.737/

Samsung Galaxy s5 image stabilization is not present in the lollipop upgrade.Once you've updated to the new version the Picture stabilization will be missing.

Unfortunately,This version of the Galaxy S5 Lollipop series doesn't have Picture stabilization . The reason for this is not yet known, but one speculation was that the image stabilizer is now fused with the "Automatic night detection". Because the image stabilizer of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which is digital, not optical, is usually used only in low light situations.

Having investigated further, it is reported that keeping stablization off makes pictures clearer and the photo capture faster.

Also, I have found this:
Galaxy S5 has one of the best cameras in the smartphone market today, hands down. But Samsung, being Samsung has added a mode that’s on by default which makes the camera really slow.

S5 Camera app has picture stabilization mode on by default. The feature is useful if you are using it while moving about or on a bumpy road but isn’t necessary for everyday use. Also, when using the mode, you need to keep hold the camera still for a couple of seconds after pressing the shutter icon. This takes the snappiness out of the camera.

Open the app, tap the gear icon to go into settings and make sure the Picture Stabilization mode is turned off.

Once you have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the new operating system Android lollipop 5.0, you may have noticed that in the camera app the following setting is missing:

• Image stabilizer for photos

Unfortunately, this option was removed with the update to Android lollipop on the Samsung Galaxy S5. The background for this is unclear, but one reason could be that the image stabilizer is now fused with the "Automatic night detection". Because the image stabilizer of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which is digital, not optical, is usually used only in low light situations.

In any case, the digital image stabilizer does not come back on the Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android Lollipop. Our recommendation:

Enable “Auto Night detection” on your Samsung Galaxy S5 within the camera app.

I can't find it since I recently updated it. It should be in between the burst shot and face detection.

post-115196-0-89159900-1434931954_thumb.

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

Not sure how it is on the S5, but on the S4 you can press the gear icon again to get even more options. Try looking in there.

Not sure how it is on the S5, but on the S4 you can press the gear icon again to get even more options. Try looking in there.

That's what the picture is of, its not there now

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

I have found this forum thread on technobezz.com with a post that states:

http://forums.technobezz.com/threads/fixed-picture-stabilization-galaxy-s5-missing-lollipop.737/

Samsung Galaxy s5 image stabilization is not present in the lollipop upgrade.Once you've updated to the new version the Picture stabilization will be missing.

Unfortunately,This version of the Galaxy S5 Lollipop series doesn't have Picture stabilization . The reason for this is not yet known, but one speculation was that the image stabilizer is now fused with the "Automatic night detection". Because the image stabilizer of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which is digital, not optical, is usually used only in low light situations.

Having investigated further, it is reported that keeping stablization off makes pictures clearer and the photo capture faster.

Also, I have found this:
Galaxy S5 has one of the best cameras in the smartphone market today, hands down. But Samsung, being Samsung has added a mode that’s on by default which makes the camera really slow.

S5 Camera app has picture stabilization mode on by default. The feature is useful if you are using it while moving about or on a bumpy road but isn’t necessary for everyday use. Also, when using the mode, you need to keep hold the camera still for a couple of seconds after pressing the shutter icon. This takes the snappiness out of the camera.

Open the app, tap the gear icon to go into settings and make sure the Picture Stabilization mode is turned off.

Once you have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the new operating system Android lollipop 5.0, you may have noticed that in the camera app the following setting is missing:

• Image stabilizer for photos

Unfortunately, this option was removed with the update to Android lollipop on the Samsung Galaxy S5. The background for this is unclear, but one reason could be that the image stabilizer is now fused with the "Automatic night detection". Because the image stabilizer of the Samsung Galaxy S5, which is digital, not optical, is usually used only in low light situations.

In any case, the digital image stabilizer does not come back on the Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android Lollipop. Our recommendation:

Enable “Auto Night detection” on your Samsung Galaxy S5 within the camera app.

Thanks!