What is happening to our world.

LukaP

Have you ever walked down the street?  ...maybe went to a grocery store? ... a Walmart? ...a bank?

...get the idea?

nop, others do that for me. not paranoid, just have other things to do.

Nothing to see here, move along

I'll take it one step further.@JelleDekkers : Please post all your email accounts and their passwords in this thread.Also install a keylogger and post the access codes to its logs.We'd also like to see a printout or screenshots of all your text messages and call logs too.And don't forget to give us full access to your Google or iTunes account so we can look up where you've been at what moment.We'll only look, we promise.

Kek,

You insane man?

Yeah. My friend was just showing me the show telling how funny it is when that happened.

*exasperated sigh*

...I can't even....I give up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

nop, others do that for me. not paranoid, just have other things to do.

Ookay then, you have nothing to worry about.  :)

Kek,

You insane man?

Not at all. I'm just making him feel uneasy about the idea and realize that he does care about his privacy.

Not at all. I'm just making him feel uneasy about the idea and realize that he does care about his privacy.

I know, but your comment still seemed over the top :P

*exasperated sigh*

...I can't even....I give up.

If a problem seems big, it probably isnt.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

I know, but your comment still seemed over the top :P

Not at all, when the government is collecting all of that information, without a warrant,, and without any safeguards as to its use.

Not at all, when the government is collecting all of that information, without a warrant,, and without any safeguards as to its use.

The comment itself was over the top imo.

This info is probably being collected, but the comment itself....

The comment itself was over the top imo.

This info is probably being collected, but the comment itself....

It may be over the top, but it'll (hopefully) be as effective as it was blunt.

It may be over the top, but it'll (hopefully) be as effective as it was blunt.

Whatever works for you :P

Government cant gather intel I dont give to them. And with that kind of data you can find what ever, so the data is inaccurate by nature. It lacks continuity. Google knows more about you than US.

Government cant gather intel I dont give to them. And with that kind of data you can find what ever, so the data is inaccurate by nature. It lacks continuity. Google knows more about you than US.

Possibly.

Did you know that all tyrants share one trait? Paranoia.

so you're ok with taking the curtains off your windows, the bathroom door off your bathroom, the walls off your house

I'll take it one step further.

@JelleDekkers : Please post all your email accounts and their passwords in this thread.

Also install a keylogger and post the access codes to its logs.

We'd also like to see a printout or screenshots of all your text messages and call logs too.

And don't forget to give us full access to your Google or iTunes account so we can look up where you've been at what moment.

We'll only look, we promise.

I guess you have a point...

Maybe it's because I don't really use social media.

• 2 weeks later...

Greece has two days to make a payment of almost 2 billion towards their debt.  They can't pay.  The government of Greece has started a referendum. The people will decide whether they accept further austerity measures proposed by the debt holders, or flip them off.

The government has started a limited shut down of the banking system.  This is too ensure the banks do not outright fail.  Citizens are allowed to withdraw up to 60 euros a day from their accounts.

Greek Citizens have taken to the streets... but... why?  They are actually supporting their government, for the most part.  They are not rioting... weird.  Government tells them they can't have their money, yet they understand.

The people will probably not vote to bow down further to the Euro Zone austerity measures.  Time to flip off the money lenders.

So what will the Central European Banks do?  Kick out Greece from the European Union?  Try to negotiate?

Understand that European countries on a while owe over 100 billion dollars.  The way this situation with Greece is dealt with will affect how other countries negotiate their debts in the future.

I am not an economist, but this sounds like a real opportunity to show the world what modern countries are being pushed to.  The banks don't care about the people, never did.  There was pressure to join the economic Euro Zone, but no real plan to integrate smaller economies like Greece into it. 

Before I go off on a longer tangent, does anyone have any insight regarding debt based economies?  Is there ever really a way out, or are countries expected to hold on to increasing debt forever?