What is happening to our world.

LukaP

But they already know where you are - the IP is a pretty good indicator; what you're doing - google searches, ebay/amazon purchases etc

And that is why you should use DuckDuckGo, Startpage or Ixquick in combination with a VPN. Every time I use Google, it's to spread false info. I also have an arrangement with a friend of mine, meaning not all my purchases are actually for me or involve anything I'd be even remotely interested in.

This thread scares me :/

Good, you have every reason to be scared.

Oh, and Trik could be closer to the truth than you'd realize. The way the economy is changing doesn't bode much good.

There's no guarantee that it'll get out of hand, but if it does the vast majority of people will wish they had prepared for it.

I'm more concerned about the brewing conflict in the West Philippine Sea...

never had a detailed FB profile... but it's link to my common use mail so... they may not have my actual looks, but they have my habits...

Agreed , I can smell a war being cooked up there ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Agreed , I can smell a war being cooked up there ...

It's a stalemate right now and the players are gearing up for the next move... whatever happens, our country would be at a losing position... just like in WWII...

one move will be all it takes for this to be an open conflict...

It's a stalemate right now and the players are gearing up for the next move... whatever happens, our country would be at a losing position... just like in WWII...

Funny how my country use WWII to get liberty from France  :lol:

Yeah ... I hope nothing  bad is going to happen ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Ahh, triki, how was it that I knew exactly what you were going to say?

Yeah, I am predictable. But am I wrong?

I'm not necessarily saying everyone needs to build a bunker in the woods (I haven't, mainly because we are renting this property and I plan to move out so it would be pointless), I am just saying people need to stop, and ask themselves "am I really prepared for a crisis? Could I provide for myself and my loved ones, during a time when stores are close, ,people are rioting in the streets, power is out, gasoline is unaffordable (or the streets are clogged with abandoned vehicles), etc.?". While the US government tells people to plan for a week long emergency, I'm saying "prepare to be self-sustaining, because when shit goes crazy, there is no guarantee WHAT-SO-EVER that the government will come to the rescue.

Not to mention the absolutely financially-suicidal path that major corporations, banks, and governments have us set on.

Not to mention that "free" countries seem hell-bent on becoming totalitarian nations, where the governments monitor EVERYONE (but themselves) for "dissent".

Not to mention the worsening environment we live in (regardless of whether it was caused by man, accelerated by man, or a natural occurrence)

Not to mention the worsening political situations around the world (the US idiotically working with Iran, which will undoubtedly kick off world war three when they nuke someone, or us getting back into the cold war with Russia over the Ukraine, or no body taking North Korea's crazy ass seriously, not to mention China being menacing as fuck in every way imaginable).

Again, I'm not saying everyone should go gun crazy like I have, (I do just love shooting targets you know. It's fun, it's a GREAT stress reliever, it's actually a sound financial investment if you follow the political mantra behind it [buy when there is a republican president, sell when a democrat is president], although if you shoot regularly, it IS expensive as hell.) You could get by in the woods with a bow and plenty of arrows if you need to. I'm just saying, be prepared, have a plan for what you will do, if you have to run for the woods because the cities have turned into absolute war zones because: one of the reasons listed above.

.....are you really prepared? Seriously ask yourself "what if". Would you rather take the gamble, or would you rather be prepared to fend for yourself and those you love?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

With the stuff that the government is doing right now, if push came to shove, I would gladly leave these shores, never to return. I'll obey just laws, but I will be a hunted traitor before I defend swine.

Sorry, that was my ancient scottish roots speaking there. Still stand by it though. The powers that be are not people I would risk my life for at any time, let alone give up all that I am supposedly entitled to in this country. My state's motto is "Live Free or Die.", and it's being ignored entirely by absolutely everyone.

Lucky for the Philippines Singapore is far more strategic and Japan is more hated after Nanking. 

"My state's motto is "Live Free or Die.", and it's being ignored entirely by absolutely everyone."

Oh I met some folks in Conway Ossipee and even Rochester and few other towns that live by that motto.

Yeah, I am predictable. But am I wrong?

I'm not necessarily saying everyone needs to build a bunker in the woods (I haven't, mainly because we are renting this property and I plan to move out so it would be pointless), I am just saying people need to stop, and ask themselves "am I really prepared for a crisis? Could I provide for myself and my loved ones, during a time when stores are close, ,people are rioting in the streets, power is out, gasoline is unaffordable (or the streets are clogged with abandoned vehicles), etc.?". While the US government tells people to plan for a week long emergency, I'm saying "prepare to be self-sustaining, because when shit goes crazy, there is no guarantee WHAT-SO-EVER that the government will come to the rescue.

Not to mention the absolutely financially-suicidal path that major corporations, banks, and governments have us set on.

Not to mention that "free" countries seem hell-bent on becoming totalitarian nations, where the governments monitor EVERYONE (but themselves) for "dissent".

Not to mention the worsening environment we live in (regardless of whether it was caused by man, accelerated by man, or a natural occurrence)

Not to mention the worsening political situations around the world (the US idiotically working with Iran, which will undoubtedly kick off world war three when they nuke someone, or us getting back into the cold war with Russia over the Ukraine, or no body taking North Korea's crazy ass seriously, not to mention China being menacing as fuck in every way imaginable).

Again, I'm not saying everyone should go gun crazy like I have, (I do just love shooting targets you know. It's fun, it's a GREAT stress reliever, it's actually a sound financial investment if you follow the political mantra behind it [buy when there is a republican president, sell when a democrat is president], although if you shoot regularly, it IS expensive as hell.) You could get by in the woods with a bow and plenty of arrows if you need to. I'm just saying, be prepared, have a plan for what you will do, if you have to run for the woods because the cities have turned into absolute war zones because: one of the reasons listed above.

.....are you really prepared? Seriously ask yourself "what if". Would you rather take the gamble, or would you rather be prepared to fend for yourself and those you love?

I completely agree with you, but just knowing you i knew you were going to say something along those lines.

- snip-

Well we're all going to die sometime, and it's probably going to be unpleasant. With that in mind, being killed by your fellow looters in your local supermarket in the aftermath of the collapse of society, possibly over the last jar of pesto, seems as good a way to go as any other.

Along they don't introduce a psycho pass type of system i will be fine.

Misinformation is the best way to fight it. Give them loads of false positives. Visit websites you have no interest in regularly, subscribe to every single political newsletter you can (of all affiliations),

in short, do everything you can to give them so much data that their "3d" profile of you can't be compiled because no inherent bias (in anything) can be determined.

Other things you can do:

start preparing for the eventual economic collapse that is sure to come.

• move out of major urban areas
  • stockpile food, water, and medicine (if possible)
  • read everything you can about self reliant "off the grid" survival.
  • stock pile tools and equipment that will aid you when the collapse comes
  • if you live somewhere where you can buy guns, do so. I would suggest at least a hunting shotgun, a pistol, and hunting rifle with a good scope. Remember to stock pile ammo, and learn how to service your weapons
  • invest in some form of power generating technology

Yeah yeah, I'm wearing the tinfoil I know. But the way things are going, it's obvious that a major financial collapse is coming within the next two, maybe three decades. Especially when automation puts 90% of the "lower class" out of work.

I'm not predicting a "fallout" type situation, where society pretty much permanently disappears. Merely a period of extreme chaos and unrest. We are going through a rather significant technological and financial revolution. Wherein the "base" of our financial system (laborers) are going to be made obsolete, by new technology. Eventually things will settle down, I am just suggesting things that can help you survive that transition.

this post from this guy makes actually to much sense, but it's a sad truth, hopefully i will live on my own by then and partly of the grid already.

edit:

although if they have cool humanoid robots by then, i will be the first in line for experimental fusion of human and robotics.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

So, we have advanced data collection...

The most immediate threat is false imprisonments using this data.  A culling.  Rounding up people base on a distinguishing data set... this is not new.  Data collection is just easier now then even before.

You guys are missing the key component.  A human one, and not always in a good way.  If data is used incorrectly, at least for now until proper AI surfaces, it will be humans doing the work (drones anyone?)  It will also be humans doing the good things.  Things like blowing the whistle (Snowden), or if shit really goes down, destroying the data that has been collected.

What fear stops a soldier from just putting a gun down and going home, jail time?... death?  At what point does a soldier realize he is just as his target, no better or worse?  Ever?

Keep information useful.  Help make others smarter.  The data used for marketing is simply to make money.  You cannot compare the potential for someone to learn, with what they might buy at the GAP.

In the end it is just data.  It will be people that use it to do bad things... and people can be stopped.

Here, I got this down to four things.  Everything good that we have ever done is because of:

1.  Fresh water & a food source.

2.  Shelter, protection from the elements.  A controlled environment (cleanliness).

3.  Respect for life.

4.  The pursuit of knowledge.

It is all we will ever need to prosper/thrive.

Well we're all going to die sometime, and it's probably going to be unpleasant. With that in mind, being killed by your fellow looters in your local supermarket in the aftermath of the collapse of society, possibly over the last jar of pesto, seems as good a way to go as any other.

I guess? My preference is to have a plan so that I don't have to die in a super market with a bunch of looters.

Along they don't introduce a psycho pass type of system i will be fine.

this post from this guy makes actually to much sense, but it's a sad truth, hopefully i will live on my own by then and partly of the grid already.

edit:

although if they have cool humanoid robots by then, i will be the first in line for experimental fusion of human and robotics.

Yeah, as will I.

Here, I got this down to four things.  Everything good that we have ever done is because of:

1.  Fresh water & a food source.

2.  Shelter, protection from the elements.  A controlled environment (cleanliness).

3.  Respect for life.

4.  The pursuit of knowledge.

It is all we will ever need to prosper/thrive.

The problem is that currently, respect for life and pursuit of knowledge are about as abundant as unobtanium in modern society.

I guess? My preference is to have a plan so that I don't have to die in a super market with a bunch of looters.

Yeah, as will I.

The problem is that currently, respect for life and pursuit of knowledge are about as abundant as unobtanium in modern society.

It's kind of sad actually.  Simplifying it to four easy things (except for the 4th, that is tough... but progressive) that make life worth living, and a lot of people mess it the fuck up.

IF in not a terrorist, why would I care of they can make facial recognition on me?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

IF in not a terrorist, why would I care of they can make facial recognition on me?

Don't get me started.

:D

Because the definition of "terrorist" can be redefined as they need, to fit anyone they don't like.

Think that's not possible? Remember, governments are made up entirely of the premier scum-suckers of any society. They can convince "the majority" (or more accurately, convince the majority that they've convinced the majority) of anything, given the chance.

Because the definition of "terrorist" can be redefined as they need, to fit anyone they don't like.

Think that's not possible? Remember, governments are made up entirely of the premier scum-suckers of any society. They can convince "the majority" (or more accurately, convince the majority that they've convinced the majority) of anything, given the chance.

surely you must do something that the governemt doesn't like. If you are a honest, working citizen then you don't need to worry about it, I think

surely you must do something that the governemt doesn't like. If you are a honest, working citizen then you don't need to worry about it, I think

The problem with that statement, is that the way our government is supposed to work, is they aren't supposed to do things that we don't like, which they are currently doing. And it gets to the point where "you don't like what your government is doing (like taking bribes from ISP's and other major corporations, and ruining the economy)" = terrorist

They aren't supposed to govern us, they are supposed to govern on behalf of us (which is the problem with this system of government)

How old are you Imperius?  I would want to tailor my answer to you a bit. 

This one sentence should clue you in.  Who gets to decide what terrorism is?  The definition is not enough, they point fingers.  I look at you and tell a lie, now you are a terrorist.

We do not need a central authority to deal with terrorism.  The central authority is a big part of the problem involved in the creation of terrorism.  People, communities... these are you absolute best defense against terrorism.  People protect each other better locally, because they care.  Governments don't care like your brother would care for you.  It gets really messy.

This one sentence should clue you in.  Who gets to decide what terrorism is?  The definition is not enough, they point fingers.  I look at you and tell a lie, now you are a terrorist.

We do not need a central authority to deal with terrorism.  The central authority is a big part of the problem involved in the creation of terrorism.  People, communities... these are you absolute best defense against terrorism.  People protect each other better locally, because they care.  Governments don't care like your brother would care for you.  It gets really messy.

I'm 16

edit: I do understand that there is no-one to stop the government from doing something they want unless its full of good people (which is very unlikely to happen)

^this. We are fast approaching a period where large all powerful governments are no longer necessary. Half the time they invent their own reasons for existing, like "hostilities" with other large governments.

I don't care about my privacy, I honestly don't care.

Once you're more mature you'll think different.