[Completed][Scratch Build] Project: Ravage - Custom Watercooled Computer Table Build by 17 yr old.

lol I was also having sound issues on my computer. Mike wasn't working so I unplugged both the sound cable and mike cable and replugged them in and now I didn't have any sound. Not through speakers or through headset. I did manage to get it working. It had something to do with a setting in the ASUS sound manager software. Also got the mike working too. To bad I had to play two games of lol with no sound or mike xD (lost both)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Realtek HD Manager had a weird setting called Amplifier. This was set to "Front panel" even though it was plugged in through the back of the motherboard. I clicked the drop down box and changed it to the only other option there called  "Auto Switch" and it worked. Its set to Front panel by default for some odd reason.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

l7AOnk8.png

I finally replaced my other desk with Ravage :) As you can see in the pics this is just my temp setup where my table will sit for a few months until my room gets redesigned. I worked hard on the cable management and it turned out really good. You can still see in the pictures the boxes for this build which I haven't had a chance to move but apart from that it looks good. And yes, I don't have a mouse pad, its a notepad flipped upside down, not gonna lie, used it for 2 years, best thing ever except for the fact its starting to die. Hoping to pickup a Steelseries Heavy, I like thick mousepads. Cables are absent when looking at the table and although I will not be able to change any of the stuff on my table because everything is cable tied together it should be fine. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

KYQTdZv.jpgiAbEB53.jpgahkKuHN.jpg2D6Rli9.jpg

l7AOnk8.png

I finally replaced my other desk with Ravage :) As you can see in the pics this is just my temp setup where my table will sit for a few months until my room gets redesigned. I worked hard on the cable management and it turned out really good. You can still see in the pictures the boxes for this build which I haven't had a chance to move but apart from that it looks good. And yes, I don't have a mouse pad, its a notepad flipped upside down, not gonna lie, used it for 2 years, best thing ever except for the fact its starting to die. Hoping to pickup a Steelseries Heavy, I like thick mousepads. Cables are absent when looking at the table and although I will not be able to change any of the stuff on my table because everything is cable tied together it should be fine. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

I got that same acer monitor on the left

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Looking sexy as a mug

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

l7AOnk8.png

KYQTdZv.jpgiAbEB53.jpgahkKuHN.jpg2D6Rli9.jpg

Instead of reading the PM I sent you, you can just tell me here. How did you get the wood in SketchUp for the table legs (different sizes). How long did it take you to build? How much did the desk cost (excluding the computer parts - including the paint and stain)?

Thanks,

Scott :)

P.S. If you ever make a desk like that again, ask for a sponsorship from some companies. If they sponsor you, you don't have to pay as much.

Instead of reading the PM I sent you, you can just tell me here. How did you get the wood in SketchUp for the table legs (different sizes). How long did it take you to build? How much did the desk cost (excluding the computer parts - including the paint and stain)?

Thanks,

P.S. If you ever make a desk like that again, ask for a sponsorship from some companies. If they sponsor you, you don't have to pay as much.

I did see your pm just didn't get a chance to reply. As for sketchup I build it from scratch. The legs weren't that hard to make, it was just a square and then I used the Push/Pull tool to give it the length. From there I turned each piece into a component and then rotated it to the right angle. As for the wood, I got pictures of the internet and used them as a texture which I overlayed on each piece.

Creating the sketchup was a few weeks but it was changed every month after the initial design and as for the table it took me 8 months to create but I could do it in a shorter period of time. I had to make it with school (it was my major work for my final year) where I only got 4-5hours a week to work on it. This time wasn't enough and I worked out that I put in an additional 150+hours outside of school time, between staying back at school till 10-11pm at night and then spending 6 weeks of my holidays there. If i was to do it at home I could do it in 2 months maybe.

The desk was quiet cheap to make, with all screws, stain, timber, glues everything it came in at $1400aud which is basically the price of the 980ti I put in the table. I did as a few companies for sponsorship's with no avail but I expected that due to it being my first build. There will be another table coming soon, don't worry about that xD

I did see your pm just didn't get a chance to reply. As for sketchup I build it from scratch. The legs weren't that hard to make, it was just a square and then I used the Push/Pull tool to give it the length. From there I turned each piece into a component and then rotated it to the right angle. As for the wood, I got pictures of the internet and used them as a texture which I overlayed on each piece.

Creating the sketchup was a few weeks but it was changed every month after the initial design and as for the table it took me 8 months to create but I could do it in a shorter period of time. I had to make it with school (it was my major work for my final year) where I only got 4-5hours a week to work on it. This time wasn't enough and I worked out that I put in an additional 150+hours outside of school time, between staying back at school till 10-11pm at night and then spending 6 weeks of my holidays there. If i was to do it at home I could do it in 2 months maybe.

The desk was quiet cheap to make, with all screws, stain, timber, glues everything it came in at $1400aud which is basically the price of the 980ti I put in the table. I did as a few companies for sponsorship's with no avail but I expected that due to it being my first build. There will be another table coming soon, don't worry about that xD

Ok, thanks! 

@ClownFace1511

1. Is 60 inches too big for the length of the desk?

2. Is 10 inches too big for this part (where the computer goes) (picture below)?

My parents think that is too big, what do you think?

Thanks,

Scott

15IMMnP.png

@ClownFace1511

1. Is 60 inches too big for the length of the desk?

2. Is 10 inches too big for this part (where the computer goes) (picture below)?

My parents think that is too big, what do you think?

Thanks,

Scott

-snip-

60 inches would be just fine, mines just slightly bigger than that. If you want to make it smaller you can but make sure you cover the box underneath. Depending on what you are going to put inside the table will alter the length of the box. 10 inches is way too small for the box you have put a red border around mines 50inches+

60 inches would be just fine, mines just slightly bigger than that. If you want to make it smaller you can but make sure you cover the box underneath. Depending on what you are going to put inside the table will alter the length of the box. 10 inches is way too small for the box you have put a red border around mines 50inches+

Thanks, and I mean how tall the box is. Is 10 inches too tall for the box?

Thanks,

Thanks, and I mean how tall the box is. Is 10 inches too tall for the box?

Thanks,

Make it around 1-2 niches higher than the graphic card you are going to put in.

Make it around 1-2 niches higher than the graphic card you are going to put in.

Ok, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing you have to change is your monitors. It kinda ruins the epicness of the build, and get a monitor stand.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

One thing you have to change is your monitors. It kinda ruins the epicness of the build, and get a monitor stand.

Im waiting for the PG27AQ to come out. 3 4k gync monitors are on the way, I have mentioned that in other posts. For now i'm just using what I have :)

Im waiting for the PG27AQ to come out. 3 4k gync monitors are on the way, I have mentioned that in other posts. For now i'm just using what I have :)

Oh damn! Yeah that will definitely make your desk OP.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Well if you guys get the hype going on my build log maybe I will have a chance xD

tweet at asus!

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)