[Completed][Scratch Build] Project: Ravage - Custom Watercooled Computer Table Build by 17 yr old.

9SP4uOC.png

As usual I ran into complications but this time not temperature, thank god! I started using Unigine Heaven to find the max overclocks but found it very unreliable with frequent crashing, and also it would run on an overclock for 5 hours and not crash but if I restart the computer and try again it would crash, I don't know, I have having weird issues with it. I later discovered that due to it being at 1080p the 2nd gpu would not be running at full clock speed #bottleneck.

I then moved onto using 3d mark, Firestrike extreme (the 4k test) to stop the bottlenecking and I found it hard to achieve a stable overclock. Sometimes the test would run fine and not crash then if I tried it again it would not load at all. When it was crashing I kept dialing down the overclocks as I though that was the issue but once I got down to +100 and it was still crashing so I decided to use another application.

Aida64 was the next try and what it would do is run my first gpu at a clock of 1450mhz but the second at 1510mhz causing the usage to spike up and down from 60%-100% according to afterburner. The second gpu has a much higher ASIC quality than the first and was always the better overclocker and therefore with the extra voltage it was able to turbo up higher which was causing this issue.

I finally came to rest at FurMark. Running the stress test at a resolution of 4k with 8xMSAA the gpu load would be 100% and their clock speeds would match. I played around with the overclocks and found out the stable overclock. Without any further delaying I will present you the final speeds and benchmarks.

Overclocks:

I was able to push the 980ti's a bit further than the results that you will see but I was happy to dial it down and get a stable 24/7 overclock.

980ti Overclocked:

GPU Core Clock: 1260MHz

GPU Boost Core Clock GPU1: 1450MHz

GPU Boost Core Clock GPU2: 1500MHz

GPU Mem Clock: 2053MHz

Idle Temps:

GPU1: 29C

GPU2: 29C

Load Temps:

GPU1: 50C

GPU2: 52C

(Note: Temperatures tended to even out at 50C after stress testing for a few hours.)

Settings:

Core Voltage: +87mV

Power Limit: 110%

Core Clock: +260 MHz

Mem Clock: +600MHz

Idle Graphs:

yqNHCRK.jpg

Load Graphs:

tX6UGWs.jpg

Benchmarks:

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 1080

BTf6XXH.jpg

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 2k (Upscaled using Nvidia DSR)

50O16cm.jpg

3D Mark: Firestrike 1.1

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8774077?

ITjwHvT.png

3D Mark: Firestrike Extreme

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8773990?

kjTDTLG.png

3D Mark: Firestrike Ultra

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8773929?

u8iihJo.png

3D Mark: Stock speeds of each test if anyone was interested.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8702576?

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8702527?

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8702479?

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Played some Dirt 3 4k, 8x msaa, 140fps. Not too bad :)

So when are we getting those crysis 3 4k crushing benchmarks?

Also when are we getting pics of the final setup?

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

So when are we getting those crysis 3 4k crushing benchmarks?

Also when are we getting pics of the final setup?

Well I don't have crysis 3, I don't really have any games.

List of games I have:

- Metal Gear 5 (Got from friend)

- Batman Arkham night (Got with gpu.)

- GTA 5

- Dirt 3

- CSGO.

Was never really into steam till now, so my library is gradually growing. I will do benchmarks on the games I have but I have capped internet, so I will have to wait till the end of the month to download them all. I'm planning on moving the table into my room and replacing my current desk soon but it wont be the final setup. I will eventually post pics of how the current setup will be but it wont be a final one. I have big plans for the final one,4k surround, speakers, led lighting, the whole deal, only set back is money.

DGclAWg.png

Though I'd show off the headset stand I built from off cuts of this project. It matches the table top using the exact same timber. I'm not a huge fan of stands that clip onto your table or whatever so I made his. Simple design to match the table top as well as easy construction, just 2 screws and some glue. Looks good and can be used for most headsets. Enjoy the pics.

MVQBE2C.jpgE10ZOef.jpgWG2cy4e.jpg

Oh my jesus, i rly wanna do watercooling soon...

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

-snip-

I will legit pay you a crap ton of money to make me one of those headphone stand...

I need one

I will legit pay you a crap ton of money to make me one of those headphone stand...

I need one

Or you can do it as I am going to[emoji1] .

Look up an image on google that you like. Think about what dimensions you want it to be.

Then make an blueprint of the stand.

Ask your father who works as a carpenter to make it[emoji41] .

Then all that is left is to paint/ use an finish on the wood.

It only costed me some time to make the blueprints, about 3 hours.

Remarkable build all around.

How warm is the room the PC is in? Max CPU Temps are surprising, I know you said when you redid your paste the temp went down 10c how much paste are you using and what brand? Silly question but are you sure the plastic wrap on the cpu heatsink has been removed?

Do you have a Digital laser thermometer you can use to test the water temp as its leaving the cpu block?

Even 70c on the Noctua air cooler seems high.

I need one

I can send you over a google sketchup with that model in there. Basically you work out the distance from the headset band to the bottom of the ear cup and then cut a piece of timber which is around 4cm longer. Then just make a base any way you like, screw it in from the bottom, apply some clear lacquer and your done.

Remarkable build all around.

How warm is the room the PC is in? Max CPU Temps are surprising, I know you said when you redid your paste the temp went down 10c how much paste are you using and what brand? Silly question but are you sure the plastic wrap on the cpu heatsink has been removed?

Do you have a Digital laser thermometer you can use to test the water temp as its leaving the cpu block?

Even 70c on the Noctua air cooler seems high.

Being in australia my room lately been around 28C due to the fact weather outside has been hitting 35C, its coming into summer now. As for thermal paste I have been using Artic MX-4 and yes the plastic has been removed. I do have a handheld thermal camera and I did use it to look at the temperatures. I will pull it out again and see what the water temperatures are but I know in each res the temperature was around 32C.

When I open the table top temperatures do drop by about 5C due to the restricted airflow in each tables chamber, there is enough circulation but it could be better. When the lid is closed you can feel a difference in air being pushed out from the rad on the left (where the psu and all the cords are) and on the right (where it is empty). Both fans are running at the same rpm yet on the empty side of the table a tad more air is being pushed out co,pared to the side where all the cables are. Once I finish my final exams (starts next week, goes for a month) I plan to redo the legs on my table, this will give me more room on the side of the box and I will make some more vents.

As for now temps are fine under normal usage, hitting about 40C on the cpu and 30 on each gpu. What I also though about is that the water goes through the radiator, then through the res and then to the cpu, maybe the res water is warm causing the cpu to be that high. Once I finish school I will have plenty of time to add in another rad and work on more ventilation. This is my first time water cooling, let alone not doing it in a case, these problems are something you cant really account for, like you don't really know until you do it.

TLDR: Another rad is being added, legs are getting redesigned to allow more more vents in table = more ventilation = lower temps.

Cool glad its still within safe temps for everyday usage.

Freeze somw water cooling fluid or distilled water and throw a few ice cubes in the Reservoirs!

Just seems like the water is not being cooled down enough by the rads, but you know that.

Cool glad its still within safe temps for everyday usage.

Freeze somw water cooling fluid or distilled water and throw a few ice cubes in the Reservoirs!

Just seems like the water is not being cooled down enough by the rads, but you know that.

Yeah I know. Its just funny now 1 5960x heats up more than 2 980ti's overclocked. Each have 1 rad yet you'd think that the gpu's would be hotter.

I can send you over a google sketchup with that model in there. Basically you work out the distance from the headset band to the bottom of the ear cup and then cut a piece of timber which is around 4cm longer. Then just make a base any way you like, screw it in from the bottom, apply some clear lacquer and your done.

Being in australia my room lately been around 28C due to the fact weather outside has been hitting 35C, its coming into summer now. As for thermal paste I have been using Artic MX-4 and yes the plastic has been removed. I do have a handheld thermal camera and I did use it to look at the temperatures. I will pull it out again and see what the water temperatures are but I know in each res the temperature was around 32C.

When I open the table top temperatures do drop by about 5C due to the restricted airflow in each tables chamber, there is enough circulation but it could be better. When the lid is closed you can feel a difference in air being pushed out from the rad on the left (where the psu and all the cords are) and on the right (where it is empty). Both fans are running at the same rpm yet on the empty side of the table a tad more air is being pushed out co,pared to the side where all the cables are. Once I finish my final exams (starts next week, goes for a month) I plan to redo the legs on my table, this will give me more room on the side of the box and I will make some more vents.

As for now temps are fine under normal usage, hitting about 40C on the cpu and 30 on each gpu. What I also though about is that the water goes through the radiator, then through the res and then to the cpu, maybe the res water is warm causing the cpu to be that high. Once I finish school I will have plenty of time to add in another rad and work on more ventilation. This is my first time water cooling, let alone not doing it in a case, these problems are something you cant really account for, like you don't really know until you do it.

TLDR: Another rad is being added, legs are getting redesigned to allow more more vents in table = more ventilation = lower temps.

I have no absolute idea what you said.Whats clear lacquer?

What SketchUp license did you get?

Did you pay $700 or $0?

Thanks,

Scott :)

I have no absolute idea what you said.Whats clear lacquer?

Clear lacquer is like a paint but its clear. It protects your timber and gives it a bit of a gloss finish depending what lacquer you buy. I'll send you a pm with instructions to making a headset stand.

Clear lacquer is like a paint but its clear. It protects you timber and gives it a bit of a gloss finish depending what lacquer you buy. I'll send you a pm with instructions to making a headset stand.

What's timber

What SketchUp license did you get?

Did you pay $700 or $0?

Thanks,

Scott :)

I have Sketchup Pro, the school gave me a license. There is also Sketchup Make which is free and has all features and everything. The only things that you don't get with sketchup make is their other programs like Layout which you wont need.

What's timber

A tree that has been cut into pieces lol. #Notsureifserious. In Australia we say timber, timber is wood, just another name.

where did you sold your kidney ?

Sell* and I haven't yet, in the process of paying back now.

how did you get so much money ?

Not enough, gonna have to start selling body parts.

Finished the temp setup, temp i mean probably a year until I get it how I want it but anyway. Was going to post an update but had to troubleshoot for about 2 hours why the computer was causing the speakers to have static. Unplugged gpus, installed drivers, moved wireless antennas etc. It all came down to 1 setting in the realtek audio... I'll post the update tomorrow.