[Completed][Scratch Build] Project: Ravage - Custom Watercooled Computer Table Build by 17 yr old.

@ClownFace1511 Could you design me a Custom Water Cooled Table and give me the sketchup files? If you do Could you make it more rectangular? Anyways thanks for your consideration.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

MxSgI7V.png

Parts have finally arrived! As I mentioned earlier no one in Australia had the Asus X99 Deluxe 3.1 motherboard till the end of the month but I got one. Along with that I also got 11 Noctua Industrial 3000rpm fans. These fans will be used push pull for the rads and front intake as the drawings show. I am yet to try the motherboard as I havn't bought the 5960X or ram yet. I really wanted Corsair Dominator ram but its so expensive, $400 for 4x4gb works out $100 per stick which is super expensive. G.Skill has 4x4gb ram for $230 which is half the price. I may aswell get double G.Skill tbh. Anyway this weekend I will be at school installing all this stuff so expect some more photos soon. Thanks once again.

Also who was in my Asus motherboard box before me? You can see in the pics the cardboard was ripped lol. Someone had a sneak peak :)

HIo93ZM.jpgIi2pzUu.jpgiSaRBF6.jpgiszZoM4.jpgzmGhz2V.jpgPmIg4SO.jpg5O3w4Tw.jpgostK1zL.jpgOvWCWyQ.jpgfOhPDdY.jpgrOoBqMi.jpgX76zgtK.jpg5zv0ECd.jpgFcWTV8X.jpg

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Why you no have build pics?

I do, they are in the spoilers. If your asking about the computer build, it hasn't been built yet.

I do, they are in the spoilers. If your asking about the computer build, it hasn't been built yet.

HYPEEEEE. So excited for this build :P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

my god you are 17 i have failed at life cause i have never nor will i ever be doing something even remotely this cool. I am subbed keep going fufill the dream

Why do people always mark pictures as spoilers? I just wanna see the pictures lol

Because the photos are large and if you have bad internet it can take ages to load and while you scroll it will move your page and it gets annoying. Every update I do I add pictures so once you see the banner you know to stop.

Uhm, Can I have a copy of the sketch up files, ill pay you or something, I want to make this desk as I know my ways with hardware but I am very bad at CADing, thanks :D

dropbox link would be cool if you are ok obv.

PC Part Picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/hZCypg  ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k ; MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5RAMCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400 MHz (spray painted the top part red); GPUGTX 1070 - Gigabyte Variant (Custom painted the Cooler and Fans Red); Case: NZXT S340 (Red); PSUCX 750W  (Bronze 80+); SSD: Crucial 256GB (Boot drive and for applications) and Sandisk 480GB Extreme pro SSD and a Samsung T3 1TB External USB-C SSDHDDWD Blue 1TB, Seagate 3TB (Both Run at 7200RPM); Displays: Asus something (1080p @ 144hz) and LG 27UD68-W 4K 60Hz IPSLaptop: Dell XPS 15 9550 (i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, GTX 960M)

r3dICnu.png

The computer is finally coming together! All the standoffs have been put in the table along with the i/o bracket thing which holds the motherboard in place. The Asus X99 deluxe looks so nice in this build especially lit up by the led lights. The noctua fans have been secured in the front along with the dust filters which looks really nice. Still haven't decided if I am going to stain the box dark brown or not. I have ordered the EVGA V2 sli bridge, the EVGA P2 1200w power supply and custom extensions. The colours for the custom extensions look like this:

ZmSitOP.png

I really like them and these colours are featured in the build so it should look good. Working with Asus at the moment on graphics cards, I may not end up using the gigabyte g1 gaming, we will have to wait and see. CPU and ram is coming soon aswell, haven't ordered them yet. Enough with my rambling.... Time for picks.

vUwn5dI.jpgz6xzvQm.jpgKdv50Qr.jpgX4EhFMe.jpgrdPnUGz.jpgGzhFovm.jpg

E8rnf0R.jpgj5EVMg9.jpgJdwmHpH.jpgj59aaXv.jpgqpD0XPR.jpgEvOVY42.jpg4LXbgdI.jpghcnseLh.jpgFuR54C4.jpgCjux22V.jpgA4ydRN0.jpgt1xTHSf.jpgx77vZVD.jpgaCGKtt0.jpg

looks really sharp, nice to know someone that really knows how to handle wood :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the renders and changed them up. The box housing the computer is no longer stained brown. I decided to not stain it because of time and also I kinda like it just being the natural timber colour. I also changed the ram out from the corsair dominator to the G.Skill ram. Had to make them from scratch which was the biggest effort. A lot of parts are coming in over the next few days so expect some more product photos.

Thanks.

wHb13vA.png

Another delivery came and with it came power! In the package came the EVGA P2 1200w, custom coloured extensions and also the EVGA Sli Bridge V2. I was surprised at how heavy the 1200w psu was. Its a good 7ish kg, much heavier than any other power supply I have got my hands on. With it came many cords enough for 2 systems. The custom cables are nice but I have a feeling they may be a bit too short, going to try them out tomorrow arvo. The sli bridge looks really nice and will fit in well with the system colours. Tomorrow I will be putting this all in the table for a test fit before I lacquer the box. Cpu and ram will hopefully be here tomorrow and then I will have a full working system :). Enjoy the pics.

5Xgk2xA.jpgMwHFSJV.jpggVSXd2J.jpgknDrBM8.jpgCafORA0.jpgM1lPFGp.jpg

Awesome project! I made a bed for my major work a few years ago, wish I did something like this. Is that your school workshop with festool track saws and dust extractors and a CNC machine?That stuff is better than the stuff I use in my joinery workshop!! Nice school I guess.

Just wondering who you use for parts? I hop between mwave, PCCG and MSY. Also would love to read your portfolio when you are all done if that isn't too much drama! Keep up the good work mate

Desktop: Intel Core i7  4970k (OC 4.8GHz), ASUS Z97-Deluxe, 32GB RAM 2400MHz, 2x 256GB Intel 730 Series SSD, 2x 3TB WD Black, 1TB WD Blue

1TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x MSI GTX 970 SLI, Corsair HX750i, Phantex Enthoo Pro [7x Noctua AF-14's], Coolmaster Nepton 280L

Peripherals: AOC 4k 28", LG 1080p 28", LG HDTV 55", Razer Blackwidow Stealth Edition, Razer Naga Epic, Turtlebeach PX4

Awesome project! I made a bed for my major work a few years ago, wish I did something like this. Is that your school workshop with festool track saws and dust extractors and a CNC machine?That stuff is better than the stuff I use in my joinery workshop!! Nice school I guess.

Just wondering who you use for parts? I hop between mwave, PCCG and MSY. Also would love to read your portfolio when you are all done if that isn't too much drama! Keep up the good work mate

I use those 3 companies aswell. PCCG has all the watercooling stuff so I need to buy all that soon. Yeah that is the workshop in the background, teacher is pretty cool and buys us all high end shit. Then again the CNC router wasn't used for years until i mastered the program in 2 days and used it the whole time.

I use those 3 companies aswell. PCCG has all the watercooling stuff so I need to buy all that soon. Yeah that is the workshop in the background, teacher is pretty cool and buys us all high end shit. Then again the CNC router wasn't used for years until i mastered the program in 2 days and used it the whole time.

What kind of sleeving did you get? (PET,Teloilous,Paracord)

Also where did you get it from? TBH I think the Rampage V would look better.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Amazing looking build, I wish I had money to do something like this  :P

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

your leg room looks very tight but I like your design (I am a Custom Furniture Maker for 40 years). I worry though that your computer specs looks like its for gaming but you said your doing 3D and editing so why didn't you go with a Zeon setup? Most of the creating software likes lots of cores and/or dual CPU's and large single GPU's and is what the Zeon's are made for. If your building a workstation for render and 3D then you should be building a Work Station shouldn't you? did you know sketchup requirements state not to use intel based graphics cards and that a 1.0GHz processor will run the program. I just did my computer build and did a dual Zeon Work Station board because I am doing editing (Adobe Products) and wanted ECC ram. I know your young and mentioned you have no training on 3D so I wonder if you understand some of the rendering can take several days for just one project and even more depending on what your doing. I personally would rethink your hardware if you are not gaming and need a work station. I don't know if the program you are using can even use dual video cards but I don't think so. Good Luck on your Project!

What kind of sleeving did you get? (PET,Teloilous,Paracord)

Also where did you get it from? TBH I think the Rampage V would look better.

Im pretty sure its paracord, its not to bad tbh. I had a look at the rampage motherboard but I wanted a white and blue build.

your leg room looks very tight but I like your design (I am a Custom Furniture Maker for 40 years). I worry though that your computer specs looks like its for gaming but you said your doing 3D and editing so why didn't you go with a Zeon setup? Most of the creating software likes lots of cores and/or dual CPU's and large single GPU's and is what the Zeon's are made for. If your building a workstation for render and 3D then you should be building a Work Station shouldn't you? did you know sketchup requirements state not to use intel based graphics cards and that a 1.0GHz processor will run the program. I just did my computer build and did a dual Zeon Work Station board because I am doing editing (Adobe Products) and wanted ECC ram. I know your young and mentioned you have no training on 3D so I wonder if you understand some of the rendering can take several days for just one project and even more depending on what your doing. I personally would rethink your hardware if you are not gaming and need a work station. I don't know if the program you are using can even use dual video cards but I don't think so. Good Luck on your Project!

As for the leg room its not that tight. I redesigned the box a few times to increase leg room while keeping the table at the standard height of 700ish mm. Although in the photos it may look tight I am able to sit on an adjustable chair without any issues with leg room. Don't expect to have one leg over the other but if both feet are on the ground or your legs are stretched out crossed you have plenty of room. Also the table top comes out past the box which means only the ends of your knees will be under that box section. As for the part decision this system will be used for gaming and it will also have to run 4k therefore the dual gpu. At the same time I want it to look good as well as performance. Sketchup really isn't a demanding program and although i'm using that now I plan to move onto programs like Inventor and more of the CAD programs. I do a fair bit of video editing for school and my small youtube channel and I know rendering videos mainly uses the CPU power. Im not doing anything to extensive to have to get a dual cpu rig, although i do already have one which I can use. At this point in time this system is great for my current workflow and I should get a few years out of it.

Im pretty sure its paracord, its not to bad tbh. I had a look at the rampage motherboard but I wanted a white and blue build.

As for the leg room its not that tight. I redesigned the box a few times to increase leg room while keeping the table at the standard height of 700ish mm. Although in the photos it may look tight I am able to sit on an adjustable chair without any issues with leg room. Don't expect to have one leg over the other but if both feet are on the ground or your legs are stretched out crossed you have plenty of room. Also the table top comes out past the box which means only the ends of your knees will be under that box section. As for the part decision this system will be used for gaming and it will also have to run 4k therefore the dual gpu. At the same time I want it to look good as well as performance. Sketchup really isn't a demanding program and although i'm using that now I plan to move onto programs like Inventor and more of the CAD programs. I do a fair bit of video editing for school and my small youtube channel and I know rendering videos mainly uses the CPU power. Im not doing anything to extensive to have to get a dual cpu rig, although i do already have one which I can use. At this point in time this system is great for my current workflow and I should get a few years out of it.

actually when you render it uses your GPU not your CPU unless you don't have a qualified video card then your CPU does it at extremely low speeds. Its a big deal if your doing CAD so what I suggest is you go to autodesk.com and look at the programs you think you want to run and look at what they require and I think your going to be surprised as the two video cards will not be something they use. Most will also say Processors with as many cores as you can afford. Good Luck

actually when you render it uses your GPU not your CPU unless you don't have a qualified video card then your CPU does it at extremely low speeds. Its a big deal if your doing CAD so what I suggest is you go to autodesk.com and look at the programs you think you want to run and look at what they require and I think your going to be surprised as the two video cards will not be something they use. Most will also say Processors with as many cores as you can afford. Good Luck

Programs such as Vegas renders use the CPU with gpu acceleration while cad stuff would use cuda cores therefore gpu.

Programs such as Vegas renders use the CPU with gpu acceleration while cad stuff would use cuda cores therefore gpu.

he said he is doing 3D and CAD with a little video editing for youtube do you know of any CAD programs that can use SLI?

tdmGc3h.png

Computer is finally operational, just waiting on graphic cards. Here are some pics of the parts and expect an update soon. Kinda had to rig together a cooler for the cpu.... I also got Fallout New Vegas for free with the G.Skill ram, haven't played it yet so hopefully its a good game. Enjoy the pics :)

tNe5lfz.jpgsSbll1E.jpgqr80zzi.jpgDy4UwcN.jpgf1CAIiB.jpgFRLR8Zw.jpgTc1e6g1.jpgiiA0fb4.jpg

9p2VQNg.png

Yes it is true, the computer is finally running! The build wasn't as easy to put together as I thought and ran into some issues along the way... So basically the 5960X doesn't come with a stock cooler which I knew expect for the fact I didn't buy a cooler for it because I forgot. So I had a spare motherboard lying around which had a noctua cpu heatsink on it from a 1156 motherboard. I took it off and non of the mounting hardware worked with the x99 platform so I was kinda screwed. Found some spare parts in my Coolmaster Evo box plus some spare side panel screws and attached the noctua bracket to the board, super dodge. I had little hope that it would work but it did. The system then had problems booting up but after restarting it a few times I got into the bios. Installed windows to an old 320gb hdd I had and boom the system turned on!

After installing everything I got the drivers installed and used Asus's 5 way optimisation program to overclock the 5960x with great success. The CPU ran at 30 degrees celsius idle and 71 and max temps. Managed to get it overclocked to 4.6ghz on most cores and 4.5ghz on the others with only 1.3 voltage. For now im rocking the GTX 285 because i haven't got the 980ti's yet, this was the only spare card I had free to use. Take a look at the pics and my dodge setup but it works and i'm very happy with it at the moment. The X99 Deluxe is an amazing board and once watercooled ill reoverclock the cpu and see what I get. Thanks.

P9n1jvX.jpg2OPzcPF.jpgLXNRXi9.jpgSmUsmdG.jpgJq5zPTD.jpgnwo55Y7.png