AMD - A New Era In PC Gaming

Opcode

The PC gaming show hosted by day9 is at 5 pm PST and is a completely different show than the AMD GPU reveal at 9 am PST

Thanks, I got the timezones all mixed up :rolleyes:  

9am PST is 5pm over here (I'm in the UK right now). Why can't we just all use UTC?  :lol:

According to Google, 9am PST is 4PM GMT+0 (Ireland/UK time)
I sinceeeeeerely hope that AMD pulls something out of the hat to keep themselves in the game.

If AMDs full lineup up to 390x is going to be a 5% increase in performance and won't match up to the 970 levels, there's going to be a lot of disappointment from my side and I'll simply just buy another nvidia card.
No new architecture means they'll likely not be able to compete on power draw, which is a huge deal already.

i must say, the clip is a good teaser, but i would pick a diffrent font, the "O" and "D" in radeon look quite alike each other, i thought there stood RADEDN at first

62982613.jpg

Did AMD fly you to their private pre-release party and give you some new AMD products to spruik online? Apparently their are also only 12 members so probably not.

It was a joke ... And yes I'm still using that to write this reply to you ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Do or die AMD, do or die

All or nothing in 2 years to come ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

They said this about the r9 290x, the 7970, the 6970, the 5870, the 4870. Yes each new chip was a leap foward, but it was hardly "a new era", well apart from the 290x which was just a hot mess of a card

Well this is the first time anything has used HBM as far as I know.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I hope some day I can meet a gaming scientist. Let alone their chief...

-snip-

I'm not the only one right?... right guys?

Do or die AMD, do or die. Quite a lot of fucking balls of calling this a "new" era when you're showing us almost nothing but fucking rebrands.

If they somehow increase performance of the rebrands(which i doubt) i don't mind that, although their financial situation hasn't been the best lately, but with the 3xx series FINALLY coming and zen on it's turtle track it might change that.

yeah, but hopefully HBM is worth it, the HBM cards seem to be in 980 up to titan price ranges if recent rumors about those are correct, not really tempting a new technology VS old trusted methods around the same price range, i would go with the older way then personally.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I'm not the only one right?... right guys?

If they somehow increase performance of the rebrands(which i doubt) i don't mind that, although their financial situation hasn't been the best lately, but with the 3xx series FINALLY coming and zen on it's turtle track it might change that.

yeah, but hopefully HBM is worth it, the HBM cards seem to be in 980 up to titan price ranges if recent rumors about those are correct, not really tempting a new technology VS old trusted methods around the same price range, i would go with the older way then personally.

Until it's released I'm not going to judge what price it is or anything like that.

All I know is it's the first time I've seen it used, and from the stuff AMD has said, it seems like it will be good in terms of memory bandwidth/speed.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Get ready for the rebrand comments  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It was a joke ... And yes I'm still using that to write this reply to you ... 

So where my posts, and half the comments in this thread,  and some of the rebrands replies.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hang on a minute! Wasn't it supposed to be hosted by Day[9] (Sean Plott)? Why is he not mentioned and suddenly Richard Huddy the host?

(Or did I miss something?)

This is AMD's E3 press conference regarding what would appear to be the unveiling of Fury and the 300 series (I presume with other VR stuff as well). What you're thinking of is the PC Gaming Show that will happen at E3 later today (6:00 pm PST).

Until it's released I'm not going to judge what price it is or anything like that.

All I know is it's the first time I've seen it used, and from the stuff AMD has said, it seems like it will be good in terms of memory bandwidth/speed.

Where HBM really shines is in power efficiency. It consumes only a 1/3 of the power of GDDR5. Moving from GDDR5 to HBM has allowed AMD to shave off 30-55w of power on Fury. That's a pretty significant improvement in terms of performance per watt.

Again?Another new era in PC gaming?

An era without them .... Cause they get destroyed by their bad decisions!

Someone notify the editors of Oxford Dictionary that the meaning of NEW ERA has been changed to REBRAND.

? is the fury a rebrand also im so confused

? is the fury a rebrand also im so confused

Fury is a new GPU based of Tonga's architecture. It would be interesting to see a GCN 1.3 with improvements over GCN 1.2.

Fury is a new GPU based of Tonga's architecture. It would be interesting to see a GCN 1.3 with improvements over GCN 1.2.

what where is fiji then

yeah, so what? The 4870 was the first to use gddr5, at the time that was "revolutionary" this is natural progression. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Idk, I'm not all that hyped after waiting so long for this day to finally come. But it's still great that it's finally coming out. >_>

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

They said this about the r9 290x, the 7970, the 6970, the 5870, the 4870. Yes each new chip was a leap foward, but it was hardly "a new era", well apart from the 290x which was just a hot mess of a card

The 290x is an awesome card, it just has a horrible reference cooler.

Such hype. Can't wait.

I really hope this card (Fury) is able to outperform at least the 980 Ti, for about the same price point.

But how are we going to know that if reviewers aren't getting the cards?

But how are we going to know that if reviewers aren't getting the cards?

They'll get them eventually.

So 11am huh? I have to pick between watching Nintedo's E3 Direct an this and sadly the choice is quite easy. The 300 series being all rebrands has made me almost entirly uninterested in what AMD has to say right now. Hope the news is good for the Fury but I'll find out after watching Nintendo show off what they're doing.