Fractal design define s top filter

Bitt3rSteel

So i have been running a build in the Define S and it is the sexiest case i ever owned. BUT the top exhaust is entirely unfiltered making it a dust magnet. Does anyone know where i can get a filter to fit it and looks nice?

the top exhaust is called "exhaust" for a reason

its not meant to be an intake

there is no point to putting dust filters on an exhaust

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

First off: the above post.

the top exhaust is called "exhaust" for a reason

its not meant to be an intake

there is no point to putting dust filters on an exhaust

You do want a top exhaust since dust falls down on top of it and through the cracks

You do want a top exhaust since dust falls down on top of it and through the cracks

if the fans are pushing air out there will be no dust falling on it

if the PC is off dust will land on the top of the case and fan blades but it will all come off instantly once the fans start up again

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if the PC is off dust will land on the top of the case and fan blades but it will all come off instantly once the fans start up again

Because dust never lands in the holes and onto the motherboard. It must have been pixies. I have a 240 rad, any dust thst lands on the offset part, drops into tje case, whether the fans are on or off

Because dust never lands in the holes and onto the motherboard. It must have been pixies. I have a 240 rad, any dust thst lands on the offset part, drops into tje case, whether the fans are on or off

oh aree you using 120mm fans? thats why...

find something to cover or tape the part where there are no fans closed

it will also help add positive airflow to keep out more dust

Spoiler

There's a lot more mesh than just over the top rad, that's the only reason I haven't bought one. Also the fans don't spin all the time, mine are off for a good 18 hours a day overnight then at work.

• 2 weeks later...

bit old but if you're still looking, this might do the trick for you:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29408&cPath=26

The issue with this is that the meshed area when you take the Moduvents off is about 160-180, not 120/140 so you need a non-standard sized filter. 

@ OP I used my old Corsair 750D's top mesh. It's magnetic (so it sticks to the case) and fits perfectly. Although I just left My H105 in the front, a 140 fan at the bottom, back and front for the main air intake/exhausts.+

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Or you could buy a Thermaltake Suppressor F51...

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone attest to the 750D top filter working cause Ill buy it right away if it works.

• 5 weeks later...

@Bitt3rSteel: I have provided a link as well.

http://www.demcifilter.com/p0564/Fractal-Design-R5-3-Vent-Top-Dust-Filter.aspx

It says it is for the define R5, but it should also be fully compatible with the Define S due to having the same Moduvent System.

I may not be about that "Thug Life", but I am about that "Nerd Life"; all day, every day!