acer x34 - no compromise after all?

Guest Strangerbob
Go to solution Solved by Metro,

nope. 28th here aswell :/

It is the 9 October for me in the UK

I've just received confirmation from Acer that we are looking at an October time frame. " late September" is what they specifically said so that will translate into Oct if they ship good quality panels. If they ship in sept I would be wary of the first batch.

I will try and ask ACER soon, the last time I asked them, they did not even know about the Predator X34 monitor. I still think it will come out before October

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

October time frame sucks. I need (want) a monitor now. I guess the benefit is the potential drop in price for the 980 ti's by then.

October time frame sucks. I need (want) a monitor now. I guess the benefit is the potential drop in price for the 980 ti's by then.

I still think it will be August for the release

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I still think it will be August for the release

I hope so because I'm with the guy above me. My build should be finishing up this month. If I have to wait till October then the monitor will be the only thing holding me back. Might be time to start working on other projects in the meantime if that's the case.

I hope so because I'm with the guy above me. My build should be finishing up this month. If I have to wait till October then the monitor will be the only thing holding me back. Might be time to start working on other projects in the meantime if that's the case.

Like i said ... after the acer x34, it wont get any much better. It will take 7 years or so before SuperMHL and OLED are available en mass.

And i`d say - you can wait a month or two for a monitor you`ll keep for 7 years at least. Some people have been waiting for that very monitor for years already.

You should only believe what you can see for real. Until they come out with the monitor and it has 100 hz it more than likely will be 75hz. All those articles you read and reference is propaganda to make all you Nvidia fan boys wait instead of getting the freesync version which is available now! 

You should only believe what you can see for real. Until they come out with the monitor and it has 100 hz it more than likely will be 75hz. All those articles you read and reference is propaganda to make all you Nvidia fan boys wait instead of getting the freesync version which is available now! 

dont blame me...  TFT central confirmed the 100hz @ many places and so did many other press events and sites and shit

either way, 2 months will fly by anyway... and nothing we THINK or SAY will change the actual refresh rate of that monitor; just need to wait for reviews (you can assume the worst if that makes you feel better... i wont assume anything)

I still think this monitor has been released now

Acer's first 34 inches G-SYNC curved screen gaming monitors released

During this ChinaJoy, NVIDIA and Acer jointly released the world's first NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, 34 inches widescreen gaming monitor surface Predator X34, its 21: 9 golden ratio widescreen surface design, combined with G-SYNC technology, for Players bring picture perfect, totally immersive gaming experience. Meanwhile, IPS wide viewing angle screen at any angle showed a very high color consistency for players to bring the perfect quality performance. Up to 100Hz refresh rate enables dynamic scene display more clear and smooth.

http://article.pchome.net/content-1830818.html

Yep, I sure am. I just can't wait to give the superior tech my money for their superior abilities in getting extra refresh rates out of a panel the other technology couldn't do. I will tell you once again, I'm not buying the Freesync monitor because with my GPU i have absolutely no benefit from it, I may as well have bought a monitor without any sort of sync tech because I'm not getting any of it. Instead I'm buying a monitor with sync tech I can use, and bonus points its better than the other sync tech. End of story.

BTW here is our misguided propaganda facts spread by the untrustworthy Acer.

178016117.jpg

"Predator X34 built-in NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, with a 3440x1440 ultra-high resolution gaming grade 100Hz refresh rate, 21: 9 IPS wide viewing angle screen".

I'm still getting used to 16/9! (Been out of the tech game for a while).

This will look super wide... too wide???

Out of interest, what is the height of the screen, relative to a 16/9 27inch for example?

(Is my maths right here: 9/16x27 = 15.18inch tall, vs 9/21x34 = 14.5 inch).

Not sure I'd want to lose close to an inch off the height of my screen if my maths is right(???)

The 34 inch 21.9 monitor has nearly the same height as a 27 inch 16.9 monitor, which is like 13.74 inchs, the 21.9 is higher by 0.40 inches

It is listed on the ACER website now

http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/UM.CX1SA.002

Like i said ... after the acer x34, it wont get any much better. It will take 7 years or so before SuperMHL and OLED are available en mass.

And i`d say - you can wait a month or two for a monitor you`ll keep for 7 years at least. Some people have been waiting for that very monitor for years already.

No biggie. I got a productivity rig I'm building. The monitor I'll be using for that will be hella expensive because it's 10 bit and 4k so will give me time to save up. I agree with your sentiments about DisplayPort. It seems like a vicious cycle issue. GPUs have to catch up with the display tech and the display tech gets lazy and sends out half assed releases as demonstrated by DP 1.3. 

Out of interest, what is the height of the screen, relative to a 16/9 27inch for example?

Not sure I'd want to lose close to an inch off the height of my screen if my maths is right(???)

It will be the same height as your 27" 1440P monitor.

It is listed on the ACER website now

http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/UM.CX1SA.002

$1,300 USD confirmed. Is it available on the American site?

Is anyone from Australia here

Holy cow $1800 that's insane! Although from other articles its saying $1250 for US which is pretty insane also. I guess you pay a lot for the current best.

http://www.displaywars.com/27-inch-16x9-vs-34-inch-21x9

Holy cow $1800 that's insane! Although from other articles its saying $1250 for US which is pretty insane also. I guess you pay a lot for the current best.

Thats in AU though. In USD its $1300.

Is ACERs customer service any good

Here in the UK we can now preorder in a few places, mainly on scan computers.

Expected 28th of august according to their site with a cost of £960 GBP so that's about 1500US I believe.

There's pictures and quite a bit of info but it doesn't confirm the refresh rate yet.

Is ACERs customer service any good

God, no but I have to say many manufacturers have great products but horrible CS. I think it's because they link to dump their products on retailers and let them handle it. They don't think about after sales satisfaction. 

Do you think I should cancel my pre order on the ACER, some people are saying ACERs customer service is terrible, should I wait for the ASUS PG34Q monitor.

Do you think I should cancel my pre order on the ACER, some people are saying ACERs customer service is terrible, should I wait for the ASUS PG34Q monitor.

I don't think it would make much of a difference. Just hope your retailer has a good return policy and get a third party warranty like SquareTrade to make sure you don't get screwed on the off chance you have to RMA it. 

I also looked at a report that said ASUSs customer service is worse now. Not sure if that is true though

No way. Asus is worse than acer now...  

The thing is - if you get a bad unit, you`ll do whatever is required of you and wait for however long you need to get a replacement. You`ll just do it.

All customer services actually suck ass... you can only get lucky if you hit someone there who actually tries to earn their wage, instead of looking at the clock all day.

There are very few exceptions of good customer service. Like Noctua, and...  im sure there are a few more.

Furthermore you should not wait for the Asus one, because they still advertise their gsync widescreen as 60hz with a possibility of 75. The Acer x34 can actually be considered a high refresh rate one... while the asus wont be, even if it turns out to be 75hz after lots of work from asus.