[Update June 15th EVGA won] Nvidia/AMD 970/290x or 390x giveaway poll

I'm okay with the 290X and I'm all for the EVGA or Gigabyte (G1 gaming) 970.

Hype! :D :D :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That is pretty nice of you. Either GPU would be awesome!!

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

An EVGA GTX 970SC would be sweet.

I hope you're feeling well, so nice of you to do this. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

That's rather fantastic of you. I voted for the 290X (since leaks put the 390X as being a 290X 8GB) and the EVGA GTX 970.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That's really kind of you, and I hope all is well.

Happy Gaming! :)

All that matters is you are healthy.  It is nice that you are looking to do a giveaway but not needed.  I think anyone would understand if you instead of giving away video cards made a huge donation to research on cancer.  Best of luck with your health in the future.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Wow k, that's nice to see.

Maybe it's a good idea to maybe donate them to folders. They will put it to good use to fight cancer :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

You have no idea how much people will fanboy over a reference design GTX970. Although the Asus Strix card looks amazing too. I hope you're coping well with the Cancer scare, I lost my father to cancer 11 months ago and it's been hard on me for the past months especially having my graduation without him which really hit me quite hard. I just hope that no other people have to go through it, especially as his time from diagnosis to death was in only 28days.  Part of the reason I leave my machine idle folding for cancer research.

While I could never afford to give away this sort of thing, I'm very glad you are. But moreso, I'm proud to be a member of the LTT forums who supported you :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

We'll have to see where the 300 series stacks up, but my guess would be that the 390 will be closer in price and performance to the 290X and 970. Might allow you to get a better brand/cooler on the AMD side. I'm personnally very interested in the full Tonga (380X ?) that we have never seen before. Good day to you.

While I could never afford to give away this sort of thing, I'm very glad you are. But moreso, I'm proud to be a member of the LTT forums who supported you :)

Who isn't ?

Will the 390X is rumored to be a rebarnded R9 290X and I'm sure the R9 290X prices will go down after it laucned so 290X.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Thanks mate.  I voted 290x because it's probably going to be cheaper for you so I mean, either 290x or 390x, just the 290x is better than what I have ha ha ha.

Cheers ayy lmao

I'm okay with the 290X and I'm all for the EVGA or Gigabyte (G1 gaming) 970.

Hype! :D :D :D

Both of those sound great although I'm an EVGA fanboy. I thought it would be best to leave the decision up to the community.

An EVGA GTX 970SC would be sweet.

I hope you're feeling well, so nice of you to do this. 

I love EVGA. Thank you. I'm feeling like a new person after the surgery. Tests can back benign.

That's rather fantastic of you. I voted for the 290X (since leaks put the 390X as being a 290X 8GB) and the EVGA GTX 970.

Both are great choices.

All that matters is you are healthy.  It is nice that you are looking to do a giveaway but not needed.  I think anyone would understand if you instead of giving away video cards made a huge donation to research on cancer.  Best of luck with your health in the future.

Thank you. It really means a lot to me. I plan donating as well once more funds clear up. Currently paying the medical bill and a student loan. I would love to donate 10% a year to help the fight against cancer.

Wow k, that's nice to see.

Maybe it's a good idea to maybe donate them to folders. They will put it to good use to fight cancer :)

I need to fold. I will read up on it. Thank you.

You have no idea how much people will fanboy over a reference design GTX970. Although the Asus Strix card looks amazing too. I hope you're coping well with the Cancer scare, I lost my father to cancer 11 months ago and it's been hard on me for the past months especially having my graduation without him which really hit me quite hard. I just hope that no other people have to go through it, especially as his time from diagnosis to death was in only 28days.  Part of the reason I leave my machine idle folding for cancer research.

Thank you for your support. My best friend at work died from cancer when she was 25. It was one of the hardest times of my life. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

I know I'm not eligible for this, but I just wanted to say that that's incredibly generous of you, props!

The giveaway has not started so you might be. Although post farming is against the rules. I would say you still have a couple of weeks before I do the giveaway. I don't advise you post farm. Just help people out.

We'll have to see where the 300 series stacks up, but my guess would be that the 390 will be closer in price and performance to the 290X and 970. Might allow you to get a better brand/cooler on the AMD side. I'm personnally very interested in the full Tonga (380X ?) that we have never seen before. Good day to you.

I thought about other 3xx cards but I thought the 390x would be the best choice or 290x.

Who isn't ?

Will the 390X is rumored to be a rebarnded R9 290X and I'm sure the R9 290X prices will go down after it laucned so 290X.

I love the anime club on here. Thank you.

Thanks mate. Cheers ayy lmao I voted 290x because it's probably going to be cheaper for you so I mean, either 290x or 390x, just the 290x is better than what I have ha ha ha.

Well if it is cheaper then we can go for better 290x brand with aftermarket cooler. Your welcome buddy.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Both of those sound great although I'm an EVGA fanboy. I thought it would be best to leave the decision up to the community.

Well EVGA has good support all around the world and it's a good cart, so that's why I voted that :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I predict a 970 G1 and 390x  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The folding and boinc community here is absolutely awesome!

I'm sure Whaler_99 and his friends will happily answer any questions you have.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I think that Gigabyte is better now that I think about it... I have never had issues with their products. 

I love EVGA. Thank you. I'm feeling like a new person after the surgery. Tests can back benign.

Both are great choices.

Thank you. It really means a lot to me. I plan donating as well once more funds clear up. Currently paying the medical bill and a student loan. I would love to donate 10% a year to help the fight against cancer.

Thank you for your support. My best friend at work died from cancer when she was 25. It was one of the hardest times of my life. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

The giveaway has not started so you might be. Although post farming is against the rules. I would say you still have a couple of weeks before I do the giveaway. I don't advise you post farm. Just help people out.

I thought about other 3xx cards but I thought the 390x would be the best choice or 290x.

I love the anime club on here. Thank you.

Well if it is cheaper then we can go for better 290x brand with aftermarket cooler. Your welcome buddy.

I have the worst reputation in that club ( I spammed the shit out of it )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well EVGA has good support all around the world and it's a good card, so that's why I voted that :)

I love EVGA. This answer my newb questions. Response is fast. It says 1-2 days but at 4am I get a response in 30 minutes or less.

I predict a 970 G1 and 390x  :lol:

390x is going to win unless some crazy amount of people vote for the 290x. We still have more than a week to go.

The folding and boinc community here is absolutely awesome!

I'm sure Whaler_99 and his friends will happily answer any questions you have.

I will contact them. I have a really good pc but I need a new case so I can add fans and rads. Then I will overclock and then fold.

I think that Gigabyte is better now that I think about it... I have never had issues with their products. 

I like both but from what I have seen Gigabyte is great.

Glad you got better dude. Any card is good for me.

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

I have the worst reputation in that club ( I spammed the shit out of it )

I don't post that much. I have been really busy with researching which college I should go. Once I start school anime will not be that important to me but I will watch as much as I can.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Dude, a 390X would be too much. Calm your generosity down :P

Good job on surviving! We at LTTDotCom can kick all kinds of a**. WE ARE IMMUNE.

Okay now I need to calm down. :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Dude, a 390X would be too much. Calm your generosity down :P

Good job on surviving! We at LTTDotCom can kick all kinds of a**. WE ARE IMMUNE.

Okay now I need to calm down. :P

How much would it be for a 390x? USA prices?