Looking for help with my headset, ps3 and amp set up..

ledzz

Hey guys just got the Fiio E10k, trying to set this up to ps3, everything works fine, but for some reason the highest volume is the same as the normal volume without an amp? I've got the red and white cables going into a 3.5mm cable to the back of the amp and the headphones plugged into the headphone jack, any ideas? they are only cheap headphones btw, thanks

Hey guys just got the Fiio E10k, trying to set this up to ps3, everything works fine, but for some reason the highest volume is the same as the normal volume without an amp? I've got the red and white cables going into a 3.5mm cable to the back of the amp and the headphones plugged into the headphone jack, any ideas? they are only cheap headphones btw, thanks

Woootttt? The 3.5mm jack behind E10k is the line out, not line in. You're lucky neither of them got burnt or malfunctioned.

Woootttt? The 3.5mm jack behind E10k is the line out, not line in. You're lucky neither of them got burnt or malfunctioned.

how do i set them up them man? they worked, just really quiet

Their was only a slot for the 3.5mm was on the back, other than that the only slot is for headphone in dude

Their was only a slot for the 3.5mm was on the back, other than that the only slot is for headphone in dude

Should have read the product description better then. E10 and E10k can not function as a standalone amp. It can only convert digital to analog, then amplify the analog signal fed by the dac part. It can't accept external analog input.

Should have read the product description better then. E10 and E10k can not function as a standalone amp. It can only convert digital to analog, then amplify the analog signal fed by the dac part. It can't accept external analog input.

I'm new to audio, so it works on a pc but not a console, this still makes no sense

The E10 only has one input, digital over USB. The other 3.5mm jacks are line out and headphone out.

Best hope is you can return or sell the E10 and pick up a SMSL SAPII headphone amplifier.

I'm new to audio, so it works on a pc but not a console, this still makes no sense

Since when did consoles make sense?

Since when did consoles make sense?

When did missing out on great exclusives make sense? i'm mainly pc, but have consoles also ;)

When did missing out on great exclusives make sense? i'm mainly pc, but have consoles also ;)

No point in PM'ing me, the E10 doesn't not take input through the line out, end of story. You need a different product.

It's because you're new to audio that this makes no sense to you. Once you gain more knowledge, you'll know it makes perfect sense. A device will only perform as it's intended/designed to be. E10 and E10k are just not designed to process external analog audio. Any complaints should go to the manufacturer.

Just curious, why do you need an amp for your ps3?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."