How to: Ai Suite III on Z77 boards

I have successfully installed Ai Suite III on my P8Z77-V board. It is a lot more stable and not as slow as the old version. As far as I can tell everything works.

I have looked for this for a long time so I thought I'd share.

I used this guide:

Hi there people,

I'm glad to say that I've finally installed Ai Suite 3 with fully support on my P8Z77v-Deluxe.

Here some pics:

Full Frontend:
fullfrontend.jpg

Dip 4 Working:
dip4.jpg

FanXpert 2 Working:
fanxpert2.jpg

Everything I've tested is pretty stable and working like a charm. The main difference with AiSuite 2 is, apart from it's looking, that it is so much faster and stable app.

I've just came across one minor bug with FanXpert 2 and it is:

MINOR BUG: The first time you enter to FanXpert 2 panel, it asks you to Automatically search for your Fans, testing their velocities, as is Ai Suite 2 happens. This testing runs smoothly, but at the end of process (99% to 100% progress bar ) it forcecloses the entire Ai Suite 3. It still saves the data gathered from the testing, so when you open again Ai Suite 3, all the fans are there, fully adjustables and working fine.

I don't know if i can post the modified installer, so I'll just put the steps I've made. If it's allowed to post it, let me know and I'll upload it into MEGA.

0-Uninstall Ai Suite 2 TOTALLY ( erase ASUS Folder from C:\Program Files ( both x86 and x64) and from C:\ProgramData too ). Ccleaner Registry cleaning is recommended.
1-Download Ai Suite 3 and Ai Suite 2 from any Motherboard Compatible Support Webpage.
2-Unrar them on separated folders on Desktop.
3-Copy the content of AiSuite2/DrvResource folder and paste it on AiSuite3/DrvResource folder. If asked to replace anything answer YES.
4-Copy AsAcpi.dll and asacpiex.dll from AiSuite2/FanXpert2/AppSetup to AiSuite3 root folder. If asked to replace files, answer YES.
5-REBOOT (needed for what we've done on Step 0)
6-Start Installation of AiSuite3 from AsusSetup.exe.
7-Select what you want to install, let it install properly, and reboot at the end of installation.
8-Happy testing!!

All credit goes to xator on the rog forums: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33367-Asus-AI-Suite-III/page3

Does it also work on the P&& ROG Maximus V Formula? :)

Sorry i mean P77 ROG Maximus V Formula. :D

Try it out and see :) I don't have the board so I don't know sorry

AI Suite 3 looks nicer and seems to be less buggier than the previous one. Thks for providing this guide! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This won't work for me as i am on p8z77 - v lx. :mellow:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Sweet thank you I have been wondering if it would be possible after I watched Logan's stuff with JJ. I will hev to try it out soon.

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

If 4-way optimisation worked O_o

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I have tested AI Suite 3  on a Asus ROG P77 maximus v Formula, it doesnt work correctly.

I have used the installation instructions to the letter but after restarting Win 8 Pro 64bit, i get a dip4.dll error message.

Fanexpert freezes.

AI suite 2 is stable, and works perfect.

What can i do to run AI suite 3 on my system without errors? :)

Intel 3770k running at 4.6 ghz stable.

Asus Maximus v Formula

Asus 6950 CU2 2gb

Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1866 xmp 4x 4gb (16GB)

Crucial m4 128gb

Samsung spinpoint f3 1TB

WD-red 1TB

Corsair ax 850

EK custom watercooling.

I have tested AI Suite 3  on a Asus ROG P77 maximus v Formula, it doesnt work correctly.

I have used the installation instructions to the letter but after restarting Win 8 Pro 64bit, i get a dip4.dll error message.

Fanexpert freezes.

AI suite 2 is stable, and works perfect.

What can i do to run AI suite 3 on my system without errors? :)

Intel 3770k running at 4.6 ghz stable.

Asus Maximus v Formula

Asus 6950 CU2 2gb

Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1866 xmp 4x 4gb (16GB)

Crucial m4 128gb

Samsung spinpoint f3 1TB

WD-red 1TB

Corsair ax 850

EK custom watercooling.

I downloaded the ai suite III from the z87 maximus hero support page. Where did you get it from? It works fine for me.

AI Suite 3 looks nicer and seems to be less buggier than the previous one. Thks for providing this guide! :)

Yes it works very nicely for me. It is a lot less sluggish and crashes less

Hi Maverik5124

I also downloadet the software direct from asus.com int site z87 maximus hero support page.

But the expert 3-fan option freezes direct after i clic on the app button from fan expert 3. 

Also manual ajusting option for the fans does not work.

I dont know what is wrong?

I have the latest bios installed on the motherbord, and with AI  suite 2 i have no problems what so ever!

I like the looks for the new AI suite 3.

Maiby this is a good question for the WAN-SHOW when JJ from Asus comes to the show? :)

He is the Asus Guru! :D

should it work on a p8z77-v lx?

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

should it work on a p8z77-v lx?

It may or may not work. I would try it to see if it works. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Will this work on a maximus V gene?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Will this work on a maximus V gene?

I assume it will work on all Z77, so

I assume it will work on all Z77, so

ah i see

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

• 3 weeks later...

Can this work on the P8Z77-V LK

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

@Bluejay0 I had that mobo, but it came defective and newegg did not let me exchange it so I abandoned the build. Just wondering if you have it and or like it.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

thank you, finally got around to doing it, worked, thanks so much, so much better than the mess that is AI Suite II

@Bluejay0 I had that mobo, but it came defective and newegg did not let me exchange it so I abandoned the build. Just wondering if you have it and or like it.

I have it. I know it has it's limits so i have my CPU set at 4.4. I like the design and all. It had some bent pins but i was able to fix it. I have seen a great prefomance boost from my E2200 so i like it very much!

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I have it. I know it has it's limits so i have my CPU set at 4.4. I like the design and all. It had some bent pins but i was able to fix it. I have seen a great prefomance boost from my E2200 so i like it very much!

So I rma it at newegg and I got it back with a ton of bent pins(I did not send it like than and I put the cpu cap on. I got it back with no cpu cap and it looked like they jammed a screwdriver in it. They claimed I did it :(

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

So I rma it at newegg and I got it back with a ton of bent pins(I did not send it like than and I put the cpu cap on. I got it back with no cpu cap and it looked like they jammed a screwdriver in it. They claimed I did it :(

That's messed up. The pins took me FOREVER (with help from my father too) We were able to get them right. Works nicely. I haven't been able to see true power since i have a GT610. I wish the DIMM Slots were farther though :l