Mono AIO | All-In-One with room for full sized parts that's affordable

Hey everyone. When i was looking at options for AIO's for my last build, i stumbled upon this neat chassis. I did not get it because i settled with a normal case, however, this is the only AIO i would consider getting. I want to share my findings with the community

It comes in 3 sizes, 21, 23, & 27. The 21 inch chassis costs only $280.Sure it looks a little bulky, and not quite as flashy as MSI All in one's, but it looks clean enough for me and its much cheaper. Thoughts? Does anyone here have any experience with an AIO's meant for this kind of hardware?

Here is the website for more info.  http://www.quietpc.com/mono-aio

I would love for Linus to do a review of this.

mono-aio-left.jpg

Component Choices

The mono AIO chassis has been designed to accommodate components normally found in a Mini-ITX desktop PC. Due to the compact nature of the AIO there are a few specific requirements that need to be considered.

Motherboard - The AIO chassis is only compatible with Mini-ITX form factor motherboards.
Processor - We recommend Intel's latest processors or one which is compatible with the chosen motherboard.
CPU Cooler - Coolers with a height up to 65mm are compatible. It is important not to choose a cooler that is too wide as it needs to fit within a certain space. We have found the Scythe Shuriken to be ideal.
Power Supply Unit - Any PSU that is 150 x 140 x 86mm in size, (i.e. ATX) is suitable. Modular PSUs are usually longer and are therefore incompatible.
Graphics Cards - A graphics card isn't essential because most modern motherboards include on-board video which gives perfectly good performance. However, gaming enthusiasts will appreciate the ability to install a dual width graphics card with a length of up to 245mm.
Storage - The mono has a drive bay which accommodates a single 3.5" drive. It is possible to mount a 3.5" drive and a 2.5" if the 2.5" drive is attached to the top of the 3.5" using adhesive pad or velcro. Alternatively if a Twin Mounter is purchased it is possible to install two 2.5" HDD/SSDs in the drive bay instead.

AIOs are worse than prebuilts. They are laptops in a situation where you don't have mobility, ugly glossy panel and overpriced.

AIOs are worse than prebuilts. They are laptops in a situation where you don't have mobility, ugly glossy panel and overpriced.

Are you capable of reading a few sentences? The man just said it's a monitor with a compartment in the back for components, and it costs 280$. How is that overpriced and ffs why do you think that AiOs are useless. For instance if you have a narrow desk, good luck trying to fit a tower on it rather than putting one sucking dust off the floor. And for LAN parties they are useful as welll.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Thanks for your constructive criticism Paralectic. Did you even look at the link? You just blargh out a generic opinion of AIO's. Jesus christ man.

1. Sure, you don't get as much mobility as a laptop, but more so then a desktop pc, but my point is you get MUCH MORE POWER FOR MUCH LESS MONEY. Not everyone can splurge thousands of dollars for gaming laptop that a $800 desktop can compete with.

2. I think this all in one overall doesn't look to bad. I looks unique.

3. I don't think it is very overpriced for what it is, especially compared to AIO's that are already out there at this moment. Find me an all in one that is cheaper, which also feature support for desktop sized parts.

My only concern is build quality, that is why i would love for someone to make a proper review from this. This could actually be quite a bang for the buck in terms of AIO's.

EDIT: Thank you Shroomster for recognizing this. :)

Are you capable of reading a few sentences? The man just said it's a monitor with a compartment in the back for components, and it costs 280$. How is that overpriced and ffs why do you think that AiOs are useless. For instance if you have a narrow desk, good luck trying to fit a tower on it rather than putting one sucking dust off the floor. And for LAN parties they are useful as welll.

"narrow desk" put it on the floor.

AIOs are only a reflection of ignorance.

I specifically mentioned that if you don't want the thing sucking up all the dust off your floor, it actually is useful to have one.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

But this aio can have a full PC in it, with Whatever parts you want

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Here is the website for more info.  http://www.quietpc.com/mono-aio

I would love for Linus to do a review of this.

nice, Thats actually pretty sweet.  I like original case ideas and that is one!  took a look at the website and it explains everything pretty good

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

• 4 months later...

I was just about to post this, this would be a really cool review.