How do I make money off Minecraft?

mrswagbhinav

So some people have been making $1000-$3000 off of Minecraft on this forum. I'm very, very curious as to how they made any money off of Minecraft. If anyone teaches me I will be in their debt. Seriously I will pay you some of the money I get if I make any. I'm just really desperate for money and I'm too young to get one and my neighbors are too rich to let me mow their lawn. I don't even need $1000. Even $300 is well enough. (I would prefer the $1000 though)

Just.

Need.

Money.

@CoolaxGaming pls

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Who's been making thousands from Minecraft...? Not gonna happen. 

Get out, get a job.

People who make money from Minecraft probably host a server.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Step 1: make a server

Step 2: sell donator ranks for like 10 each whihc gives you diamond or something

Step 3: ???

Step 4: profit [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Cha ching!

But seriously though, no idea.. Maybe ask them? :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Get out, get a job.

Can't, I'm too young.

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

You could host servers. You will lose money to begin with, by buying all the hardware, but after you break even on that, you can earn a lot of money depending on how many people you serve.

--Gas_Mask_

Can't, I'm too young.

You can mow lawns for people.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Can't, I'm too young.

Well, unless you have thousands stashed away to establish an adequate server, it ain't gonna happen. Yeah you could probably make $10-20 from setting up a small server and selling ranks, but not a regular money income or in the thousands... Gotta start somewhere though. 

You can mow lawns for people.

All my neighbors have this company they hire to do it for them (rich mfs)

Well, unless you have thousands stashed away to establish an adequate server, it ain't gonna happen. Yeah you could probably make $10-20 from setting up a small server and selling ranks, but not a regular money income or in the thousands... Gotta start somewhere though. 

My dad's PC is really good and he lets me use it occasionally. All I do on it is game and fold.

Get out, get a job.

At that age, it's not getting a job, its Questing.

Namely mowing the lawn, cleaning the cutters, etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You are talking about the 1%, and those people spent tons of money on servers and had to build up a community. I have a few Arma servers and you break even on the maintenance cost most the timne which can be upwards of $300 a month plus all the time adding plugins or coding in new content.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Your talking about the 1%, and those people spent tons of money on servers and had to build up a community. I have a few Arma servers and you break even on the maintenance cost most the timne which can be upwards of $300 a month plus all the time adding plugins or coding in new content.

You're*  :D :D  :P

You're*   :D :D  :P

Auto-correct, help yourself I suppose.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

You are unfortunately many years too late, minecraft servers are dying, if you don't already have a popular server, then there is little to no chance you will, unless you can provide something that others don't.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

So some people have been making $1000-$3000 off of Minecraft on this forum. I'm very, very curious as to how they made any money off of Minecraft. If anyone teaches me I will be in their debt. Seriously I will pay you some of the money I get if I make any. I'm just really desperate for money and I'm too young to get one and my neighbors are too rich to let me mow their lawn. I don't even need $1000. Even $300 is well enough. (I would prefer the $1000 though)

Just.

Need.

Money.

@CoolaxGaming pls

Welcome to being a kid, if you cant or are unable to do any of the common things suggested to you, you are pretty much ust going to have to deal with not having money. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Welcome to being a kid, if you cant or are unable to do any of the common things suggested to you, you are pretty much ust going to have to deal with not having money. 

Can't wait till I'm 14... I can get a job at Rita's for min. wage

M8, you will GET 3k-2k in revenue, not profit

Here is how you do it - 

1. Get loan of $100 from dad

2. Find the trending modpack

3. Get a server suited to that modpack

4. Find a guy who is knowledgeable and make him Manager

5. Make donations for all levels - ex - $0.99 

6. Pay back your dad 

:)

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

M8, you will GET 3k-2k in revenue, not profit

Here is how you do it - 

1. Get loan of $100 from dad

2. Find the trending modpack

3. Get a server suited to that modpack

4. Find a guy who is knowledgeable and make him Manager

5. Make donations for all levels - ex - $0.99 

6. Pay back your dad 

:)

How much profit do you make then

How much profit do you make then

$0, mabye $.10 if your lucky.

Anyway you won't make money off Minecraft. You CAN make money off coding though. Just learn to code in Java, very well. Then create a mod for minecraft. This requires not only guides but experience. Then host it on mediafire behind an ad.fly link and post it to the minecraft forums, if 5000 unique visitors visit it you get like a dollar. Yours never gonna make $3k a month but if get enough poulatity to get to three standard deviations above mean (0.3%) and you update the pack monthly you might get upto $50 a month.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Those people don't make 3000 out of playing minecraft. They started servers ages ago, and made 3000 in revenue (not profit). Server up keep is very expensive, and not worth investing time in now with minecraft. Just wait a few months until you turn 14 and get a job.

I used to think these gaming video channels were making money but after I looked into it...nope.

About $200 per million views. That's about a year if they are very popular.

You'd have to make more videos than your followers could even watch...lose/lose.

One thing though...after these guys get famous,they stream their gaming live on Twitch and put a Paypal "Donate" button on their page.

I've seen a few of them bring in up to $500 in a two hour stream...but very few and not consistently. The viewers tend to be the same people every stream and only donate a few times a year.

And you need to pour money into your gaming to keep it interesting enough for people to watch...Bore me once and lose me forever.

You really need to be completely unique to stand a chance at becoming famous...even fame among small niches is hard.

It's like the Dot Commers.....If you weren't first,you're out of luck.

You could do game development, but it takes time. Take me for example. I have two years dev experience(mostly just proggramming) but I just barely qualify at the level where I can sell my games.

Edit:

It's f*cking fun though

I used to think these gaming video channels were making money but after I looked into it...nope.

About $200 per million views. That's about a year if they are very popular.

You'd have to make more videos than your followers could even watch...lose/lose.

One thing though...after these guys get famous,they stream their gaming live on Twitch and put a Paypal "Donate" button on their page.

I've seen a few of them bring in up to $500 in a two hour stream...but very few and not consistently. The viewers tend to be the same people every stream and only donate a few times a year.

And you need to pour money into your gaming to keep it interesting enough for people to watch...Bore me once and lose me forever.

You really need to be completely unique to stand a chance at becoming famous...even fame among small niches is hard.

It's like the Dot Commers.....If you weren't first,you're out of luck.

What about those that aren't well known at all on YouTube and go full time on Twitch? They must be well off if they are willing to go full time on streaming.

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

I was making about $400/month off a minecraft server. Now it did however take a year just for it to get there. I started with a server I bought off ebay for $300 and upgraded as I went. It's not easy to accomplish however. 

Breakdown:

Server: $300

internet/utilites: $100/month

income for first 6 months: $400 total.

At 6 months I was already $500 in the hole. After a year and a half I was profiting about $300/month. Must I add the server was payed for then. But then I had to upgrade the ram for the higher amount of players.

64GB ram: $400
four 2TB Drives: $320

upgrades totaled $720. 

So you may think you're making $400+ a month, but you're really not.

Oh and I had two players that donated $75+/month and also contributed to building and programming since they were both over 30 years old.