Hey can anyone recommend me an amp for the HD598?

ledzz

Hey guys finally got some headphones without realising i need an amp for sound control lol noob.. can anyone recommend one? only want one for volume control.. also how are these set up? do i need another hdmi? help appreciated.. thanks

If you only want volume control, why do you need an amp? Just use your computer! What is your source?

Also, why don't you want the improved sound benefits of an amp? Choosing the right amp will compliment your HD598s and will give them life and vibrancy.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

If you only want volume control, why do you need an amp? Just use your computer! What is your source?

Also, why don't you want the improved sound benefits of an amp? Choosing the right amp will compliment your HD598s and will give them life and vibrancy.

No, amp won't improve the sound of 598, the damn headphone doesnt need an amp.

Fiio E10K or Schiit fulla are two good amp/dac for below $100.

You basically plug USB into the thing, which will provide digital data and power (some amp/dac use power from usb, some use power brick) and plug in the headphone on the other end, done.

Optical TOSLINK is also another cable that you can use, if your motherboard has the plug and it's pure digital cable which is generally more recommended than USB

HD598s are fine without an amp. The gain in quality is not worth the money there.

No, amp won't improve the sound of 598, the damn headphone doesnt need an amp.

Fiio E10K or Schiit fulla are two good amp/dac for below $100.

You basically plug USB into the thing, which will provide digital data and power (some amp/dac use power from usb, some use power brick) and plug in the headphone on the other end, done.

Optical TOSLINK is also another cable that you can use, if your motherboard has the plug and it's pure digital cable which is generally more recommended than USB

HD598s are fine without an amp. The gain in quality is not worth the money there.

I know the 598s don't need an amp, it's just that OP here seemed like he didn't know that am amp does more than just make your music louder. And I was referencing a tube amp, which will color the sound and make them warm and fluffy :)

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I know the 598s don't need an amp, it's just that OP here seemed like he didn't know that am amp does more than just make your music louder. And I was referencing a tube amp, which will color the sound and make them warm and fluffy :)

Warm and fluffy is the best description ever. I just wanna sit on the couch and listen to some music now  :D

Because i really can not be assed to keep existing a game to change volume dude plus some games don't have sound control so that wouldn't always work either :) i don't need it louder, just the option to control it, if it gets too quiet or loud otherwise thanks people :)

Warm and fluffy is the best description ever. I just wanna sit on the couch and listen to some music now  :D

xD I know the feeling! Somebody over on Head-Fi once described some cans (can't remember which) as sitting in a warm bathtub of bass.

Moto G (1st Gen)

Because i really can not be assed to keep existing a game to change volume dude plus some games don't have sound control so that wouldn't always work either :) i don't need it louder, just the option to control it, if it gets too quiet or loud otherwise thanks people :)

Well what's your budget?

Moto G (1st Gen)

i don't game with keyboard and mouse so it won't be a right mission without an amp :) upto 200 man but if their not worth it for that headset, wouldn't a cheap one do? bare with the noob sorry guys

Let's not get carried away.

i don't game with keyboard and mouse so it won't be a right mission without an amp :) upto 200 man but if their not worth it for that headset, wouldn't a cheap one do? bare with the noob sorry guys

I wont spend my money on external amp unless my headphone needs one or the headphone is at least a midfi (HD6xx, DTxxx, Kxxx)

I wont spend my money on external amp unless my headphone needs one or the headphone is at least a midfi (HD6xx, DTxxx, Kxxx)

Thats cool but how do you control the volume without? having to exit a game everytime the volume needs a tweak is not for me :P

Thats cool but how do you control the volume without? having to exit a game everytime the volume needs a tweak is not for me :P

Get a Syba DAC or Schiit Fulla, something along those lines.

Media keys are great

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Well I mean if you want to waste money on an amp or dac.... I'd go for a fiio e10k.  However if you want to save your money then windows has a built in mixer that can change the volume of individual programs. I don't really see why you need to be changing your volume so often when you are still in the same game? If you want a amp or dac then get it, no one can stop you,  however I would advise you not. If you have no issues with the way your onboard sounds and the HD598s don't need an amp, I see no need for one.

Well I mean if you want to waste money on an amp or dac.... I'd go for a fiio e10k. However if you want to save your money then windows has a built in mixer that can change the volume of individual programs. I don't really see why you need to be changing your volume so often when you are still in the same game? If you want a amp or dac then get it, no one can stop you, however I would advise you not. If you have no issues with the way your onboard sounds and the HD598s don't need an amp, I see no need for one.

it's already been gone through in this thread. Besides, some parts of games are quieter than others, so a convenient volume control can be nice.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Or just use SharpKeys and rebind useless keyboard keys like PageUp and PageDown to volume control.

Or just get a multimedia keyboard that got volume control button on it.

that doesn't always work. I have two, and neither of them work when I play the Witcher 3

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)