Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Greetings all. Thought I would join up. Been building/troubleshooting PC's since 1998, Thanks for having me

Hello everyone! Been lurking here for about a month or 2 and finally decided to make an account to make bad jokes and ask obvious questions.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been watching your youtube channel for a couple years now. You and your team have helped me tremendously! I know have a basic, well rounded, understanding of the pc world. I've been building my own pc's, smooshing parts from different builds into eachother. Frankenstein's monster style, taking the grinder to cases to increase airflow. I enjoy building and figuring out how to improve functionality. I've been considering starting to film... I don't know where to start, it seems a bit overwhelming haha.. anywho, I respect the shit out of all of you for making it happen and I'm grateful to be here!

Huh, I've been watching LTT videos for over 2 years and never knew there was forum (and I love forums)! I found that out an hour ago purely by accident - by clicking the wrong link on Telegram. 😄

Arch Linux LTS Cinnamon, Core i7-4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 RAM, AsRock B85M Pro4, SSD: Corsair 120LE, Western Digital 500GB, HDD: Western Digital 500GB + 1TB + 4TB.

1 minute ago, Valso said:

Huh, I've been watching LTT videos for over 2 years and never knew there was forum (and I love forums)! I found that out an hour ago purely by accident - by clicking the wrong link on Telegram. 😄

Welcome to the forums 🙂

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

5 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks. 🙂

I'm one of the cool kids. Well, I'm a little old to be called a "kid", but still part of the cool group. 😛

Arch Linux LTS Cinnamon, Core i7-4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 RAM, AsRock B85M Pro4, SSD: Corsair 120LE, Western Digital 500GB, HDD: Western Digital 500GB + 1TB + 4TB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm a total newbie here. I discovered LTT last year when I decided I had enough of my old laptop, but it took so long for my stimulus check to come through that I kept doing a bunch of research and found that all the pre-builds I would normally buy kinda sucked. Then I saw the vid where Sarah built her first PC and realized that was an option for the first time. Now I'm hooked. 

I ended up building a system with an MSI Mag 550 Mortor, 1 TB NVM.e, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 5600G (thanks, GPU shortage), stock AMD cooler, NZXT H510 case, Corsair CX 650 PSU and an ASUS VP248BGL monitor. And saved myself the cost of a Windows Key with Pop OS (thanks, Anthony!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I built my PC in 2015, and it's been running since then with a bunch of component swaps.

I've been following LTT and adjacent tech channels for a while now and I am very grateful for all the things I've learnt, both from the awesome LMG crew and the community/commentary. I recently felt like sharing some silly (but very rewarding!) overclocking experiences I've had with low-budget and/or outdated parts, so keep an eye out if you're interested in low-spec OCing 😉

See you around!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 3:30 AM, J.Silence said:

Hello everyone! I built my PC in 2015, and it's been running since then with a bunch of component swaps.

I've been following LTT and adjacent tech channels for a while now and I am very grateful for all the things I've learnt, both from the awesome LMG crew and the community/commentary. I recently felt like sharing some silly (but very rewarding!) overclocking experiences I've had with low-budget and/or outdated parts, so keep an eye out if you're interested in low-spec OCing 😉

See you around!

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your OC experience!

Due to my inability to think before I type, I frequently edit my posts. Please refresh before responding!

Tag me @drdrewnatic or quote me so I can see your response.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CPU: INTEL CORE I5-12600K GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 OC MB: GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 RAM: 2X8GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3200 CL16 BOOT: CRUCIAL P5 PLUS 1TB SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB HDD: SEAGATE 2TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA G3 650W COOLER: THERMALRIGHT PEERLESS ASSASSIN 120 SE ARGO

01101100 01110100 01110100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01100101 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site - here from watching LTT Facebook videos. I'm socially anxious but I wanted to join this community because everyone from LTT is so smart and I'd love to learn about IT from them as I am trying to start my career in IT. I am currently studying in university. 

On 5/3/2022 at 10:36 PM, Matt_in_NE said:

Hi all, I'm a total newbie here. I discovered LTT last year when I decided I had enough of my old laptop, but it took so long for my stimulus check to come through that I kept doing a bunch of research and found that all the pre-builds I would normally buy kinda sucked. Then I saw the vid where Sarah built her first PC and realized that was an option for the first time. Now I'm hooked. 

I ended up building a system with an MSI Mag 550 Mortor, 1 TB NVM.e, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 5600G (thanks, GPU shortage), stock AMD cooler, NZXT H510 case, Corsair CX 650 PSU and an ASUS VP248BGL monitor. And saved myself the cost of a Windows Key with Pop OS (thanks, Anthony!)

you can get a windows 11 pro key for just a few bucks if you search. cant really post links because not sure if against forum rules

Hi Everyone,

new here, watching some ltt youtube videos in reverse from new to old, catching some interesting ideas,

trying to copying it, haveing a fun time,

hope you too

see ya

Hello Peeps,

I am a PC gamer that also loves other tech, and for the last 2 years have been considering building a new PC, and havent for obvious reasons. I started watching LTT again to get informed again about PC components, my old PC is 7 years old, and I got hooked by the charisma of the team of hosts and I am very much enjoying all the content from LTT. 

Cheers Gabriel

Howdy New Friends,

I am into Coding and Tech and finally built a new PC the last little while. I kept getting myself sucked into Laptops that died on me too easily. I work in tech but mostly supporting engineering functions. Just excited to be part of the community. Long time content watcher but, Youtube is now my main TV watching experience and honestly no regrets. Anyone with CAD related questions I may be able to help.

Cheers,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2013 at 7:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

I have joined, I have built a decent amount of PCs, and would love to help anyone when questions!

On 6/27/2022 at 12:09 AM, DaveMath said:

you can get a windows 11 pro key for just a few bucks if you search. cant really post links because not sure if against forum rules

Can you message me a link to them? I’ve been recycling a couple windows 7 keys off some hp slim lines I found in the trash lol

Welcome to the forum. 👋

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 minutes ago, Enna Johnsons said:

Hi guys...

Welcome to the dark side.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

53 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Welcome to the dark side.

I hear the dark side has cookies

1 hour ago, Enna Johnsons said:

Hi guys...

Merged to megathread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv