Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

On 1/3/2013 at 3:03 AM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

This is why i Like this guy, has plans for not only the current, but the future.

You have my attention and support Linus :) your a amazing dude :D

hai i zaky from indonesia, is there any other people from indonesia here? and did linus  media group cover a global giveaway that include indonesia in it?

Hi, I am new here.

Been watching Linus Tech Tips since 2010. I am mostly active in my local hardware forums, however I decided to join as there are some things that the local forums are unable to answer.

Hope to learn more from the community.

Current PC
Intel i5-4690k (4.5GHz at 1.25V), MSI H97 PC Mate (which I somehow got it to overclock) 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600, Transcend SSD370 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 7200RPM 3TB, HP 1270i 22x DVD Drive, Palit GTX970 Jetstream, Andyson F500m, Lancool K62, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Dell U2414H, Logitech Z103, Rosewill RK-9000RE (Cherry MX Red), Steelseries Kinzu V2, Sennheiser HD600 with Audinst HUD-mx1 DAC/Amp

Considering: AMD Ryzen 5000 system

Current Photography setup

Pentax K-1, Pentax K-5, Sigma 17-35 f2.8-4 Aspherical, Tokina 28-80mm f2.8, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Di Macro, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Pentax DA 50 f1.8, Yongnuo YN585EX

Hello everybody.  I've been watching LTT videos for a couple months while bored at work and I'm not big on forums, but figured I'd check this one out.  Not to age myself, but my first PC game was Scorched Earth.  Hope everyone is staying safe!

spacer.png

Hello everyone. I used to hang out years ago on motherboards.org forum. While it's still there there's not much going on. I am a budget minded builder and usually hang out about the $600.00 upgrade range. Looking forward to reading posts.

Hi all, like everyone else i'm a long time viewer and decided to finally register due to some questions i had, unfortunately to which nobody had an answer for them, but it all worked out right in the end, that's what matters. I just kind of decided to stick a little more after that for some reason lol.

1 hour ago, Seyrren said:

Hi all, like everyone else i'm a long time viewer and decided to finally register due to some questions i had, unfortunately to which nobody had an answer for them, but it all worked out right in the end, that's what matters. I just kind of decided to stick a little more after that for some reason lol.

Hey same, I've been watching linus for so long, And i also used the forum for any concerns I may have

I've decided to register because I wanted to ask a question regarding dual channel memory [especially in laptops] (If you wanna help me a little more i can dm you my link to the forum post), then I've decided to stick together with the community and help with as much knowledge as I have.

It will be nice to meet you all anyway!

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Hi everyone!

I'm new here (who would've guessed?)! My name is Marc, I'm from Switzerland and I just ordered the parts for my second gaming PC but the first one that I'm building by myself. I'm waiting for my 3080 and 5900X like everyone else probably is. But I'm really exited to start that adventure. I'm looking forward to exploring this forum, to learning and to finally building my own computer.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hey Guys, I just joined the forum 

I am a student from Gujarat, India. I love to code and love hardware and wanna become a backend developer. I am still just 16 but, love making projects to Automating tasks with my code and Re-making my fav pieces of software from scratch and adding the features that I so much wanted(with varying degrees of success sometimes.....) is something I am very much into. I know programming languages like Java, C, and js and other languages like html and css and, am currently learning R

Also, i feel like the place i learnt all this is quite underrated so, i wanna let u guys know abt edx. that's where i learnt to code.....

I made a website using the GitHub pages(name.github.io)

< removed by moderation >

i am looking forward to remake the website now that i has been the same for well over a year.

I would love some advice and guidance from the community.

Also, this is my first time/first post on any forum so, please let me know if i made any errors.....

Edited by LogicalDrm

2 hours ago, chocolateflight said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new here (who would've guessed?)! My name is Marc, I'm from Switzerland and I just ordered the parts for my second gaming PC but the first one that I'm building by myself. I'm waiting for my 3080 and 5900X like everyone else probably is. But I'm really exited to start that adventure. I'm looking forward to exploring this forum, to learning and to finally building my own computer.

Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

14 hours ago, AkshDesai_____India said:

Hey Guys, I just joined the forum 

- -

Also, this is my first time/first post on any forum so, please let me know if i made any errors.....

Your thread has been merged to Welcome-thread. Reason is that it didn't have any questions or specific starting points for discussion. If you need assistance on specific issues, please post a question in proper subforum. Also link to personal website was removed. We don't allow those under our rules on advertising.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Your thread has been merged to Welcome-thread. Reason is that it didn't have any questions or specific starting points for discussion. If you need assistance on specific issues, please post a question in proper subforum. Also link to personal website was removed. We don't allow those under our rules on advertising.

Ohk, Thanks and sorry for the website thing. I was unaware. Will make sure that doesn't happen again :-)

Howdy everyone! Been watching LTT since the oaky smoky days of 2013, and figured it was time I joined the community. Haven't been much of a forum person in the past, but you folks seem fun. :D 

Happy New Year to everyone who made it through 2020. I celebrate each and every one of you like you're that blue diva from 5E.

2088769026_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.1cd38fd3653a16689777281cd14a4672.jpg

1 hour ago, AlphaTango359 said:

Happy New Year to everyone

Your Year has now started????

4 days after the worlds New Year Started !!!

28 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Your Year has now started????

4 days after the worlds New Year Started !!!

🤣🤣🤣 Absolutely, 2021 didn't start (for me) until I joined the LTT forum! 😉

1 minute ago, AlphaTango359 said:

🤣🤣🤣 Absolutely, 2021 didn't start (for me) until I joined the LTT forum! 😉

Then Welcome to 2021 BRO

I've been watching LTT on Youtube for a while so I thought I might as well join in the fun.  I hope everyone is keeping safe and I look forward to taking part in the forum.  On that note, thank you and hello from Scotland.

I've been an LTT fan since around 2010. I now have a place to show my cringe unboxing videos, Linus inspired me to make. ATI Radeon HD 4890 Unboxing - YouTube Thank you @LinusTech for giving me inspiration during that time of my life. I realized you're a better unboxer/reviewer so now I just watch you :) Linus got me through a lot of depression when I was 16-18, I barely had friends, family issues at the time, never left my house and just gamed all day with no goals in mind for my life. Linus was probably one of the first people that made me feel like I had something to look forward too, in turning my tech obsession's into a positive, creative, career focused goal. Thank you Linus for all you do, and I hope to return that favor to this forum by helping people with their tech needs. 

Hey how's it going, new member from Australia. Started watching LTT in my Christmas break with all my spare time up my sleeve and now I am hooked.

On 1/3/2013 at 10:03 AM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

hi im new here and can i get some tech upgrade ? just kidding

Hi all,

Been watching LTT for a while now but never really got involved with this or other any tech forums despite loitering in many car owners forums over the years. I've worked in IT since 2008 and have always loved tinkering with things. With the way the worlds going at the moment I thought it might do me some good to get involved with some like minded people, share ideas and support etc. 👍

i am 13 years old,and i build my First computer one year ago ,here is my daily setup

a ryzen 5 5600x , up to 4.75ghz , 2400 Hong Kong dollar

a tuf gamming b550m plus wifi

Crucial ballistix c9kkv*2 , up to 4ghz

last,a RTX3070 from tuf gamming

(i'am a chinese fan)

6 minutes ago, bilibili_simon said:

i am 13 years old,and i build my First computer one year ago ,here is my daily setup

a ryzen 5 5600x , up to 4.75ghz , 2400 Hong Kong dollar

a tuf gamming b550m plus wifi

Crucial ballistix c9kkv*2 , up to 4ghz

last,a RTX3070 from tuf gamming

(i'am a chinese fan)

Merged to Welcome-thread

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv