Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

hi!

i think i posted my hi in wrong place ?

ddd

I just joined the forum a few days ago and only today started to post. I’ve been watching the videos on YouTube for a couple of years now. Great stuff; informative and I get a laugh out of most of the videos.  ?

Hey guys!
Stumbled across this forum and signed up.

I am what you may call an "XOC" guy at HWbot, ( Bones @ HWBOT ) and really enjoy the hobby.

I may not know everything but will help as I'm able.

Looking foward to doing both, helping and learning here since I too am still learning like everyone else. ?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Hi everybody.

Been watching a few vids and thought why not join and have a chat.

Looks like a great bunch of people having fun.

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard Gigabyte B540 gaming RAM 32 gig ddr4 3200 GPU Gigabyte Gtx 1660 super 6 gig

Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Storage 250 gig m.2, 1 t.b m.2 PSU Silverstone 550w gold 80 plus Cooling Corsair h100x

Hello!

My name is Rob. I discovered Linustech on FB then followed on to twitter and youtube (saw the build a PC using only WISH) and instantly wanted to become a member of the community here XD 

Have a great day all!

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum because I love talking about technology.  I also love people who love technology!!!

I recently joined and thought I might have a possible thing to try for the show.

How do I contact Linus and send him a message of support?

5 hours ago, Harry123 said:

How do I contact Linus and send him a message of support?

we don't really directly contact him. that is kinda a thing for the comments on videos.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

First post. Been watching LTT for a while.

I don't consider myself a gamer. I'm more of a bullet trap in shooters which is just frustrating. I like exploration games and puzzles. Think Skyrim, Fallout, and Portal 1/2. I'm strictly console at this point because my current laptop (HP Spectre x360 core i7) suits my needs for a PC. It's far from a gaming rig but it's extremely portable and fast enough for my purposes.

Anyway, it's good to be here. Maybe I'll get back into building eventually which I did a lot of MANY years ago (AMD Athlon and AGP video slots). I retired my last homebuilt box and moved to an ultrabook when video got to the point that AGP couldn't handle it (1080p). Right now I'm spending my time looking for work and fiddling with arduinos.

Cheers all!

21 hours ago, Tweezak said:

First post. Been watching LTT for a while.

I don't consider myself a gamer. I'm more of a bullet trap in shooters which is just frustrating. I like exploration games and puzzles. Think Skyrim, Fallout, and Portal 1/2. I'm strictly console at this point because my current laptop (HP Spectre x360 core i7) suits my needs for a PC. It's far from a gaming rig but it's extremely portable and fast enough for my purposes.

Anyway, it's good to be here. Maybe I'll get back into building eventually which I did a lot of MANY years ago (AMD Athlon and AGP video slots). I retired my last homebuilt box and moved to an ultrabook when video got to the point that AGP couldn't handle it (1080p). Right now I'm spending my time looking for work and fiddling with arduinos.

Cheers all!

I love Portal! The first one was the best, but the second one was great too! Also I feel your pain regarding your laptop. I’ve a HP Beats edition. DDR3, integrates graphics, and on its last leg.

Hello

I've known about Linus for awhile and thought I would sub to the channel and join the forum to learn more about tech.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:30 AM, MAKerr said:

I love Portal! The first one was the best, but the second one was great too! Also I feel your pain regarding your laptop. I’ve a HP Beats edition. DDR3, integrates graphics, and on its last leg.

Hey, MAKerr,

I actually started with Portal 2 because I was late to the dance. I played through that on my PS3 and then found "The Orange Box" used for XBox so I played Portal on my 360. Those games were brilliant but I agree, 1 was better than 2. However, I also really enjoyed the 2 player campaign. I love co-op games.

I should say, I don't totally hate shooters. I played a lot of Doom, Quake, Heretic, Hexen, Unreal Tournament, etc. However those were on closed servers so you didn't get spawn shooters and aimbots. Playing capture the flag on my buddy's UT server was some of the most fun I've ever had gaming.

As far as the laptop, mine is still cruising along with no issues though I may look into putting a 1Tb NVMe SSD into it. I never thought I'd use the "360" tablet mode much but I ended up folding it back on my desk like a 2nd monitor and sliding it under a stand I made for my main monitor. It frees up a lot of desk space and gives me more screen real estate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I started watching LTT something like two years ago. I had a few questions for a build so I though I would give a shot to the forum. I a software developer by day, geek / gamer / otaku by night. I grew up using Macs when it was not popular (OS 6 to 9) so I ended up as a mostly console gamer. I switched to PC in college (Athlon XP 2600, Radeon 9600). I feel like an old mant each time I get close to a social network. Each time I see a new trending chat app, I am reminded that we had more features in IRC more 20 years ago. Don't worry, it will happen to you too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm a Newbie here!  I'm a busy fellow who spends most of his life building Hot Rod Cars and my Trucks.  Although I don't spend a lot of time gaming these days I'll always be into gaming, PC construction, etc.  I also follow basketball, boxing, MMA.  I also like Beer,  Bourbon Lagers, Coffee & Chocolate Stouts, Imperial Stouts, Bourbon Stouts, Vanilla Porters, etc.  I also enjoy trees. ?  

Naturally, I've gotten here because Linus is the man.  Quite the visionary with his endless and often very entertaining content.  I imagine a community built on this would be a groovy place with groovy people.

I only intend to post when I have something useful to add to the discussion, or if I need real help/suggestions.  My Display name is my favorite gaming name/persona to use. (Jedi Academy) ?

I'm running a 6 year old basic AMD FX build, on a 42" tv, with plans to upgrade everything perhaps in a few years, once I move my biz to another state in the country.  It might happen sooner, who knows.  Just started using Linux and I'm enjoying it for sure, gonna use Linux for my internet surfing, and cling to Win7U for now for things that don't work easily in Linux.  The video quality somehow looks better in Linux.  In fact this weekend I'm planning to watch the Big Heavyweight fight between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury on Linux, streaming the PPV feed.  Fantastic first event to view on Linux.

Peace!  ?

Hi Everyone! 

Just thought I'd say hi,  I'm a complete noob when it comes to builds but linus was recommended to me to help with my first build, sooo thought it would be good idea to join here for any help and tips I may need in the future ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

Just thought I'd say Hello to you all. I am a begineer(noob) in building pc(I have never build any pc before :P). Love to watch LTT videos therefore thought of joining the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Long time PC builder and gamer here looking for things to help occupy my time with all the craziness going on.  I'm sure there's plenty for me to learn here too, so I look forward to that too.  I used to be on other tech forums about a decade ago but fell out of the habit after my main forum shut down.  RIP Abit-USA, although I'm not mad that the evidence of my mushy-brained youthful self was erased with it.

Just recently I was finally able to upgrade my faithful old FX-6300/GTX 750Ti rig to something more modern, so I've been enjoying on catching up on some titles my old rig struggled with.  It's not the most sophisticated rig, but you'd be hard challenged to find better performance per price, and I'm proud of that.

I've always enjoyed LTT's channel, appreciate the fact that they don't take themselves to seriously, and think that the community that has popped up around it is really cool.  I guess I'm just finally deciding to be a more active part of it and not just a lurker.  Cheers!

Hello everyone i am new to the forum. I have been in the technology profession for about 13 years now. I've been a loose follower of Linus tech tips over years occasionally viewing one of the videos if i needed to know something till recently I actually built my own PC after waiting to do so for years now. 

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, posting in COVID lockdown. Canadian, work at a certain fruit company's retail arm. Networking is my speciality. I ride bikes, have a few dogs. PC-curious, financially unable to explore that curiousity 😑

Been a fan for a long time.

I came here to complain though. Linus makes me lose a lot of money... He shows me too much cool stuff I don't need but I feel pressured to buy it anyway .__.

Anyway, I'm a photographer so I enjoy the occasional video about camera gear they release and I'm just generally really interested in all things tech!
My other passion is the conservation of endangered species, specifically lemurs and red pandas. I make my photos available to organizations like the Red Panda Network, the Lemur Conservation Network and Lemur Love Inc.

I live in Germany, so while we are not under a full lockdown right now I still try to isolate myself as much as possible. So I have a lot of free time and decided to check out the forums.

hello other human beings

currently making homemade fireworks in a shed across the border, confirmed worst Rocket League player in Mexico

Hi all,  

Long ago I promised to build a gaming PC. Turns out I never did and always had an excuse. With COVID upon us, I have tons of time and would like to build one. I would like to get some advice from the forums. I noticed many people in the build guide thread giving their budget and use cases but they don't seem to get answers. 

My question for here is if the individuals get replies to their inbox? 

Other than that, I am happy and amazed to say I'm officially a PC gaming nerd. 

Cheers