Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hello everyone! I joined on here today after watching YouTube videos for a long time. So, this is me saying hi, catch everyone of you in the forums. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Finally decided to join the for rum after watching the videos for quite some time.

hello im new,  please be nice and give me a thumbs up and i will return the favor

Just thought I'd pop over here and say hi for the first time. Hi. Only stumbled upon an LTT video a few months ago by accident (Linus wears a lab coat in Ultimate OVERKILL w/c PC) when I was doing a bit of research on buying an older GPU (Vapor-X 7950 to be exact) and because of the build video, I reckon I've watched about 20 hours worth in the last few weeks, so, as a result of my eyes burning eyes, I've decided to join the forum.

Here's a pic of my budget 2nd hand build (apart form the GPU, everything else is pre-owned. Any questions about it, feel free to ask .

Edit: Upgraded my AIO & GPU in the last few weeks and decided to update my pics accoringly. Have purchased a B grade 8Gb RX480 Nitro+ OC (1400/2100) for a not too shabby £190 and a Corsair H105. Looks and goes a bit better. 

Before and after pics....

DSC_0225.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

Hey,

Not been here for a while since I'm a moron and locked myself out of my account, not sure if anyone here remembers me but I'm back (kinda) :)

FireFox :)

• 3 weeks later...

just recently discovered linus tech tips and joined this forum to get advice on upgrading parts of my desktop because watching the videos gave me the courage to do more upgrade stuff on my desktop. i am Norwegian btw any other norwegians here who can help me with finding stuff on norwegian sites?

Hello there,

Just joined LTT and I'm a big fan of your YouTube content.

Keep up with the good work.

Best Regards,

Nilay

Hello there.

I've been an LTT subscriber on YT for a long time now. I just saw Scrapyard Wars and I was like: "yup, gotta register at that website, this is freakin' awesome!"

To be honest, I may not exactly fit the theme here since a lot of the LTT videos are about new and shiny stuff and I deal mostly with old junk people were just about to throw into the trash can but I was there to say: "No, no, no, wait! I can build a retro PC out of that!"

Still, I hope that I will feel at home here with my fellow tech geeks and nerds :)

3 minutes ago, ProngsOldGuy said:

Hiya there.. greetings from ghetto.. :)

welcome

On 3/14/2017 at 6:15 PM, Yasashii said:

Hello there.

I've been an LTT subscriber on YT for a long time now. I just saw Scrapyard Wars and I was like: "yup, gotta register at that website, this is freakin' awesome!"

To be honest, I may not exactly fit the theme here since a lot of the LTT videos are about new and shiny stuff and I deal mostly with old junk people were just about to throw into the trash can but I was there to say: "No, no, no, wait! I can build a retro PC out of that!"

Still, I hope that I will feel at home here with my fellow tech geeks and nerds :)

This is a good community, and I think you'll enjoy your time here.  :)

Fair warning: Just because LTT is a good community doesn't mean you won't come across morons every once and a while. :D

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Created an account a while ago but I'm going to try become a bit more active. It's a nice change of pace compared to the /r/pcmr sub. 

On 2013-01-02 at 10:10 PM, Eric said:

I'm looking forward to making this the best tech forum around!

You can start by changing that profile pic.

*burn*

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any forum, where people talk about the new videos Linus posts, coz that honest answers #4.....

-- BSOD : ( --

I just joined the forum, that Catchpa makes it quite difficult to register. 

It is highly debatable what is a river and what is a sea, what is a mountain and what is a tiny hill. Not to mention the crappy quality of the images. Also it sucks that you have to allow some Javascripts from Google, but you can't tell because they don't call the script Catchpa, it took me a while to figure out that I couldn't get past the Catchpa wall because of the blocked script (NoScript, it helps a lot to keep viruses off my computer). I can understand the usage of a text based system ("what is fourteen minus three?") but that Catchpa garbage sucks.

I am new, but I look forward to helping make this the best tech forum around!

Hello, I'm new here, but not new to technology

I work a lot with arcade machines but can deal with actually computers as well, hi, hello.

Hi hi. Only joined recently but have lurked for a long time. Why join? I had new little project coming up and wanted to ask questions. 

I've dealt with computers I guess. I like taking old PCs apart and slowly upgrading my main rig. It's fun to tinker. It's not fun to tinker blindly and break components. 

Also like upgrading old PCs with newer components to see if you can run modern games on them. Part of project. Hope it works... Also hope nothing gets broken...

Hello guys, I just signed to this great Community, I'm Matteo from Italy. ;)

Hi all:D

My name is Osama and I'm from Kuwait.

I'm very excited to finally join this forum:D

On 1/2/2013 at 7:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

Been loving the channels, keep up the great work