Do you prefer SSD's or HDD's

Morman

I like both..SSD is super fast and good for OS (duh) and HDD is good for mass storage. I have a pile of old and new hard drives, but no SSD's, but I can see myself switching when I grow the balls to spend 200 bucks on something barely big enough for Windows and a few important programs.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

Both of them have their reasons to be in your comptuer, your SSD is a speed demon capable of getting your OS up and running in little to no time, but they are low capacity / expensive. HDD's are slower but can come with enough space to house everything you could possibly want on them for very cheap.

In short

SDD's are for performance.

HDD's are for storage.  

Both, but i dont mind switching to SSD only in the future, when they are cheaper ofc :P

I love SSDs for their speed and silence. I'd replace all my HDDs with SSDs if it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg, not least of all because that would total around 5TB of storage.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

Absolutely SSD's. Need one for my laptop now...

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

SSD

CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-EXPERT RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600 MHz GPU(s): EVGA GTX 980 Classified SLI Case: Coolermaster HAF X Storage: Samsung 256 GB 840 Pro, 2x2TB WD Caviar Black, 2x4TB WD Green PSU: Corsair AX860 860W Display: LG 31MU97-B 4K(4096x2160) and Dell S2716DG 27in 2K 1440p 144hz, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma and Death Adder Chroma Sound:Audioengine D1 Dac and Sennheiser HD650 Operating System: Win 10 Pro