SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

Will the number of pre-orders in advance Pre-production will be over 100?
Offering thing will continue to improve?
340 x 310 x 66mm
340 x 320 x 74mm
There are two prices?
Package contains about weight would it be? It will decide whether to use sea or air transport

Will the number of pre-orders in advance Pre-production will be over 100?

We're thinking about the amount of pre-production at this point. It might be closed run with our friends only testing unless there's really a great amount of people willing to take a risk of buying prototype product.

As for the production run, we're not going to limit pre-order amounts so there's no problem with that.

Offering thing will continue to improve?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but If there's ideas to improve or bugs to fix from first batches then there shouldn't be a big problem for adjustments since it's not a mass production.

340 x 310 x 66mm

340 x 320 x 74mm

There are two prices?

No, there'll be one price, its a one version

The first dimensions are for the main body while the second are including the rubber feet and elements extending out of the main body required to define the clearance you need for your case for example in tight media rack. Also those clearance dimensions might slightly change soon a bit up or down depending on final height of rubber feet we decide to be optimal for looks and performance.

Package contains about weight would it be? It will decide whether to use sea or air transport

The package should weight around 3 kilos. We'll have to figure out how to be just below those 3 kilos to not increase the price unnecessarily .

Disturb you, I am sorry Thank you very much for your response
Because this cabinet is a minimum volume ago
Compared rvz02 with Node 202 is smaller so the problem will be more
I ask now is more the direction of improvement is the heat or dust?

There's something to be fixed in all those areas. We need to adjust some things to fit dust filters, there are fixes that will help you install the parts inside and manage the cables since the current prototype was kind of tricky to install those long 45cm modular cables in from chieftec SFX-L and there are slight changes for the heat also.

Compared to RVZ02 and Node 202 this case is at least 5 liters smaller so it's quite big difference in volume. While compared dimension by dimension differences might be little, I still think that in real life Sentry's dimensions are barely fitting feasible size for such unit sitting in front of TV and going 2 inches wider and inch thicker makes such case feel like a brick.

we want a review Linus ^^

Linus already told me on pm He wants to check out the case. I hope he'll review us when he gets it. We're going to send him the final prototype but we're still waiting for some parts to be shipped before we can make final design adjustments for those prototypes.

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21531229628753

The seller has tested pci riser support pci 3.0

Price about $ 33 are interested in using ?

Thank You for your help, but this riser is way too long for us. The riser we'll be using is 5 or 6 cm long (we have 2 different manufacturers). It will also be cheaper than this long one. I think we talked with this company (from Your link) about our 5cm riser, and as i remember, the price "killed us" :)

I really hope this was not written before, I did not yet have enough time to read everything, sorry.

It would be cool if you would make the power light/button in the front bigger. This way it would look way more like the actual sentry turret and (more important) it would look like HAL9000 which would be awesome!

Also, I can only say that a version with a window would be awesome. I know that someone wrote this before without reading everything. Everybody likes windows (not the OS but rather the actual thing; Linux master race etc.)

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21531229628753

The seller has tested pci riser support pci 3.0

Price about $ 33 are interested in using ?

It's a LiHeat riser - I've talked with them and they are not manufacturing the type of the riser we'd like to use. We'de designed riser mount for standard/generic riser so it can be used with other standard ribbon risers if for example you'll get server motherboard with pci-e x8 or thin-mini-ITX with pci-e x4 and you can't use full length ribbon with them.

I really hope this was not written before, I did not yet have enough time to read everything, sorry.

It would be cool if you would make the power light/button in the front bigger. This way it would look way more like the actual sentry turret and (more important) it would look like HAL9000 which would be awesome!

Also, I can only say that a version with a window would be awesome. I know that someone wrote this before without reading everything. Everybody likes windows (not the OS but rather the actual thing; Linux master race etc.)

People on hard forum asked us about this already but there's simply no space for it. Note that the space for the power button is exactly the length of the riser's pci-e slot + the pcb piece on this side of the ribbon - the space between the gpu cooler and the central wall which is supporting the gpu. There's no way to put the button anywhere else.

As for the window above the motherboard and psu - there's also no way of doing this since there's no space between the cover and the power supply and that would also mean lower cooler height unless we used some really thin plexi but that's not a good idea either.

There's literally no space for 120mm radiator and especially with card like Fury X2 which will be something around 250-265mm long, I think. I've been figuring out if we can fit Fury X but it's radiator is simply too big.

Rather than that if you're going for the overkill then you should consider getting some water blocks for the fury and cpu and drilling  the holes for hoses in place where we attach the nameplate on the back of the case(right of gpu bracket looking from behind).

That would be awesome to put a silent pump in some reserve tank and hide it somewhere near the TV shelf.

ive got a question so here's the deal I am not planning on using any 2,5 inch drives I am simply going for a m.2 ssd with the extra space will i then be able to fit a 120mm radiator with the fan attached im planning on possibly using a titan x hybrid from evga but if it does not fit im still going to buy the case its very nice also ive got a  question in time will it come in brushed aluminum

ive got a question so here's the deal I am not planning on using any 2,5 inch drives I am simply going for a m.2 ssd with the extra space will i then be able to fit a 120mm radiator with the fan attached im planning on possibly using a titan x hybrid from evga but if it does not fit im still going to buy the case its very nice also ive got a  question in time will it come in brushed aluminum

I'm not sure where you would like to put this the radiator and why does not having 2.5" drive matter for You.

you won't fit the radiator inside the VGA bay that's for sure if you're going for titan X hybrid.

If you were to fit it in place of 2.5" you would end up obstructing the pci-e riser or psu cables.

I'd like to see what you mean so could you pick a photo of the prototype and draw on it?

Little update:

After some minor tweaks that enlarged the holes in the central wall for better cable management it occurs (Also thanks to that upper posts about 120mm WC for titan) that now you should be able to fit 120mm cooler inside but there's some limits:

- Radiator + Fan thickness combined has to be 48mm max, so it looks like 32mm radiator + low profile 16mm thick fan.

- ITX sized gpu, max 175mm but if pcb is oversized then you'll need modded low profile PEG connector

- SFX 100mm long psu only

- power button removed from the front and plugged by something like black 16mm round plug

- some additional cable mess to manage by yourself

- either really tight bend of water cooling pipes or secondary hard drive slot in front of PSU obstructed

xCFuOoYl.jpg

Also I'm not sure about the airflow for this AIO but it might be a positive thing for the gpu since it'll make the air move at the back of gpu. You'll have to see if that warm air from cpu cooling will make it better or worse for gpu.

I'd sell my case and mobo now to downsize to this. Then i could have some desk space!!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

This case reminds me of the robots from Portal. Looks good! 

Thats why its called the Sentry!

I'm not sure where you would like to put this the radiator and why does not having 2.5" drive matter for You.

you won't fit the radiator inside the VGA bay that's for sure if you're going for titan X hybrid.

If you were to fit it in place of 2.5" you would end up obstructing the pci-e riser or psu cables.

I'd like to see what you mean so could you pick a photo of the prototype and draw on it?

I am hopping that when hoping that when i get the case i can move my psu as close to the side as possible and mount my radiator where the 2.5 western digital drive is in your photo but if i cant fit a radiator there i will just stick with air cooling aslo when will you realese the case for consumers to buy

I am hopping that when hoping that when i get the case i can move my psu as close to the side as possible and mount my radiator where the 2.5 western digital drive is in your photo but if i cant fit a radiator there i will just stick with air cooling aslo when will you realese the case for consumers to buy

they were saying an ETA of 3-4 months

Ah I get it now. But you can't move the power supply since it's attached to the piece that's weld to the bottom of the case.

Anyway the total amount of space between the gpu and psu + from the psu on the other side to the external wall is 115mm and you need something like 160mm to fit a 120mm WC Radiator (it's longer than 120mm in this dimension).

I really cannot find a way to fit full length card with water cooling radiator inside and I'm not really sure if that makes any sense in such cramped space.

Ah I get it now. But you can't move the power supply since it's attached to the piece that's weld to the bottom of the case.

Anyway the total amount of space between the gpu and psu + from the psu on the other side to the external wall is 115mm and you need something like 160mm to fit a 120mm WC Radiator (it's longer than 120mm in this dimension).

I really cannot find a way to fit full length card with water cooling radiator inside and I'm not really sure if that makes any sense in such cramped space.

I will just use air cooling and crank the fan speed up but do you know when you will release the case

I did crunch up some numbers on previous page here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378828-sentry-console-sized-gaming-pc-case-project/page-4#entry6077139 to figure out how much time it'll take. Essentially we're waiting for testing samples to be shipped, mostly risers, fixing some details and remaking the drawings for metal shop to finally order the final prototypes and send one of them to Linus. Counting as it gone so far it should take up about two months.

I also want to start manufacturing asap but there's things we just can't speed up any more.

[...]do you know when you will release the case

We're trying to start sentry's production before Xmas. At the moment we're waiting for samples from our suppliers to check their quality (USB 3.0 sockets, shielded riser, C13-C14 power cable, dust filters, etc.). When we'll get those parts, than we'll make 5th prototype. Right now we're waiting for a mailman :)

I made a slight mistake in the post about 120mm WC - it should be just 120mm not AIO coolers since their hoses might not bend inside such tight space.

If you use a graphics card is not itx
How low profile PEG connector modification?
After the upgrade to the length of 10.5 inches display cards have problems incorrect?
If you use a 10.5-inch display card you can place up to number 2.5 hdd?