Building my new machine will be complicated? or not?

Go to solution Solved by C0LL0SS0S,

Hey Trauni, most german name I can think of, if you are really serious about your creating content on your PC with Adobe products, I recommend X99, otherwise the 4790k witht the 980ti should really drive the games you want to have, plus its well within the budget, get a 500GB SSD if you ask me since some video files can get a bit larger ^^

Hi Girls and Boys,  my name is Trauni and I am totally new at LTT but i hope i understood all instructions :) so hello all. 

Please do not blame me for my English as well. 

Ok first i will answer the questions: 

1. Budget & Location: 

• Budget: If it matters, about 2000 Euro  (PC Hardware)

2. Aim: 

• Well complicated: I`m gamer and streamer and Youtuber and the Computer should cover the gaming part and video editing part. 
  • I`m using a separate ITX PC (i5) for the upstream to Twitch and also for recording PC and console (PS4)
  • The aim should be best performance for actual games like Crysis, Far Cry, Witcher but also a good ration between price and performance because i wont buy the mega beast to use 10% of it. 

3. Monitors: 

• Mainly i will play on a 24" or 27" display, 

• 1. Question: Is G-Sync really strong or should i walk through the EIZO way and buy one of the new EIZO FORIS?

• For working on my videos and photos (i love photography) i bought the 34" LG 34UM95 and finally i will place a second 24" or 27" device to the other side. 

• 2. Question: Which graphic card configuration is required for 3 screens? In my opinion an SLI GTX 970 setup will cover this but same question as (1), do i need to care about g-sync and any other features of the GTX 980 or 980Ti?

4. Peripherals: 

• Mice, Keyboards, Operating System (Win 7 64Bit or Win 10 in the Future) should not care. 

5. Why are you upgrading: 

Caused by the planned triple setup and more performance for rendering After Effects productions and videos. My old system is an i7 Sandy Bridge Core without the cool K-Option :'( so overclocking is not possible. 

Actually I`m running on 2 SSD 240GB in Raid from 2 different manufacturers which is also not perfect and needs to be upgraded. 

Since I`m working in the IT management and not in the operational environment my mind blows up if I try to compare CPU`s or something else because I cant see the difference betweeen LGA 1150, 2011 and 2011-v3 and which one is the right one. 

I also tried to create a pcpartpicker list and see my outcome: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/rxYYYJ

So more questions: 

Should I do some water cooling? 

- If yes, what do i really need?

Is this build working with the displays and for my aim?

Is the CPU and Graphic card a good and payable choice?

I hope you can understand my question`s and also answer it. 

Many Many Thanks

Hey Trauni, most german name I can think of, if you are really serious about your creating content on your PC with Adobe products, I recommend X99, otherwise the 4790k witht the 980ti should really drive the games you want to have, plus its well within the budget, get a 500GB SSD if you ask me since some video files can get a bit larger ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

haha, my name is Klaus but i typed Trauni (my nickname) ok so thats clear now. 

I came home from work now and I realized some cool facts: 

- First I dont need to upgrade my storage because i will replace the 2 x 240 SSD to a 500 SSD i already have

- And I realized that my "old" RAM is a DDR 3 1600 4 x 4 GB Corsair and so I will prefer the 4790k build 

- And the prize for the 980Ti is dropping down, which is pretty cool

So thanks for the answer I`ll keep the X99 thing in mind. 

Any recommandation about cooling the system? 

Try this build, Its under your budget, and will drive any monitors you decide to hook up. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GpGYYJ

Thanks for that i just created a new build based on this: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/vNj9YJ

Any cooling ideas? If i want to watercool all, what do i need?

- First I dont need to upgrade my storage because i will replace the 2 x 240 SSD to a 500 SSD i already have

- And I realized that my "old" RAM is a DDR 3 1600 4 x 4 GB Corsair and so I will prefer the 4790k build 

Thanks for that i just created a new build based on this: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/vNj9YJ

I mean if you are not overclocking a 212 Evo should still do the trick, otherwise maybe you can get a all in one CPU Cooler, really depends if you OC or not

If you wanna watercool and you are new to it check out those EKWB premade sets, they have everything you need, and you could add a gpu block to your loop if you really want to

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Thanks so much, i already use a Cooler Master Seidon 120V i guess i can use it in the new build until i overclock. Will post my build after setting it up. See you soon. 

the dark rock pro 3 is good enough

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).