Who's upgrading to the 980 ti?

ANewFace

To be honest, with the 980ti coming up, I might look into getting a 980 if they are cheap enough. Otherwise its gonna be a 970 Frozr 5, and I don't have a 1440p or 4k monitor is the problem.

The 760 SLI will be traded in for a single 980Ti. Maybe a second in the future. We shall see!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I might do a "rig refresh" where I change mobo, cpu, but keep RAM, PSU, and reuse GPU in other system. If I do that, the 980 Ti is going in my system... But If I don't do that, I will probably buy one anyway, despite how badly my A8-6500 will bottleneck a 980 Ti.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

So I am going to upgrade to the 980 ti. I'm listing my 980 for sale tonight and try to get $500~ for it before they drop in price. Then I am selling some Air Jordan's for the rest of the funds. It should cost me almost nothing for the upgrade. Any of you upgrading as well?

Yea no reason to buy the new card, your gpu is barely 6 months old

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

If somebody wants to buy me one, I'll take it and give them my SSC 970. 

Yes... yes... It's all coming together. I'll run a GTX 980 Ti bottlenecked by an FX-6300. Maybe in SLi... At 1080p...

EvilLaugh_zps958576ba.gif

So I am going to upgrade to the 980 ti. I'm listing my 980 for sale tonight and try to get $500~ for it before they drop in price. Then I am selling some Air Jordan's for the rest of the funds. It should cost me almost nothing for the upgrade. Any of you upgrading as well?

You can get a 980 for $500 brand new right now, so it might be hard to sell it for $500...

I'm looking at picking one up now, but I'm gonna wait to see if any aftermarket cooler ones become available (esp. if they make a Gigabyte G1 version).

In which case I'm going to try to sell my G1 GTX 970 for $300 to any fellow enthusiast.

$350 listing on ebay lol.

CPU: Intel i5-7600k (4.8 ghz) | Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero | RAM: Corsair LPX (2x8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | CPU Cooler: NH-D15|

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W | Case: Fractal Define R5 | Storage: Samsung EVO 250GB SSD - WD Blue 1TB | Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" 144hz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | 

Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Sennheiser HD558 + V-Moda Boom Pro mic

I was going for an ASUS GTX 980 Matrix Platinum but now for around $650 may go for a new GTX 980 Ti whichever variant comes with a backplate. I'm coming from an 8 year old PC running an EVGA 8800 GTX 768mb factory overclocked so anything would be better. I'm building a new PC anyway and want a high end $2000 rig ;)

I am. I just upgraded to triple monitors so I kind of have to.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Just sold my 980 for $475. :D

I was gonna get the Titan X, then seeing the 980 Ti benchmarks and price, the Titan X can get rekt.

Ordering mine possibly this week... not sure if aftermarket cooling will be available that soon. May go for the reference card and making it easier to SLI down the road.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I'm seriously considering it.  Currently have a 2GB 770 that's been pushed hard by Star Citizen and Witcher 3.  The rest of my rig is still good to go, but $650 for the kind of performance the 980ti offers is very tempting.

Want to wait and see what AMD has to offer. Yes, the GTX980 Ti is quite tempting. Probably will water cool this baby. However I'm in no rush to upgrade my GPU, my GTX780 still rocks.

I'm going to stick with my 970 until either

1. It can no longer push 60 fps in most games at medium settings at 1920x1080

2. 1440p/4k panels start becoming cheap

3. It dies and is past its warranty

which would have better performance 2 way sli gtx 970 from gigabyte or gtx 980i??????????????? will overclock which ever i get 

which would have better performance 2 way sli gtx 970 from gigabyte or gtx 980i??????????????? will overclock which ever i get 

For 1440p SLI 970 seems to outperform a single Titan X from benchmarks I have seen.  The slow 0.5 GB really hurts 970 SLI in AC Unity, but otherwise it's very solid right now. But with the 980Ti you could comfortably run Shadows of Mordor with Ultra textures, which you shouldn't with SLI 970.

For 1440p SLI 970 seems to outperform a single Titan X from benchmarks I have seen.  The slow 0.5 GB really hurts 970 SLI in AC Unity, but otherwise it's very solid right now. But with the 980Ti you could comfortably run Shadows of Mordor with Ultra textures, which you shouldn't with SLI 970.

i want to try to run the highest textures possible

Considering the 980 Ti right now, waiting on AMD to bring some competition in the coming weeks.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

I'm in the same boat, don't know whether to sell my GTX980 for the Ti.

I will be building a X99 (5930k) in July, so prices should have dropped on the vanilla gtx980, so I don't know if I'll Sli the GTX980's or just go for the GTX980ti, only gaming at 1080p@144hz, but will be looking to grab one of those Acer Predators GYSNC 1440p@144hz at the same time as the upgrade.

Try selling your soul to Nvidia. Might be faster.  :rolleyes:

Man, I remember the good old days when the $300 card WAS the top card..... Nvidia...you bastards. Now it's acceptable to spend $600 LOL...or MORE....

RIP my 8800 GT....

Speaking of... Anyone have an estimate on how much the 980 is supposed to be dropping in price? The Gigabyte 980 G1 is $558 on newegg, and i would love to see it drop to $500, if not lower. I'm doing a build soon, and I'm still trying to decide between the 970 and 980. I could do the 980 at it's current price, I just would like to have a little leisure money over to buy a new skateboard and a couple games afterwards.

Trying to get as high performance as I can at 1080p so I can SLI later when I get into 1440p.

Edit: unless the price drop has already happened, then I would have to cough up the $558 as listed.

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG