Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 displays, 1 Radeon R9 270X - possible?

ilmiont

Hello,

I just want a quick confirmation whether four displays off of a single R9 270X is possible. By my understanding it is as long as one uses an active DisplayPort adapter, correct?

I have the Asus Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II 4GB. To clarify this is a single card, not in Crossfire with any other card. I want to run 3x 1920x1080 and 1x 1600x900 off this single card.

Note that I do not intend to run the monitors in Eyefinity, I just want the desktop to expand across them all. If you're wondering why there's a 1600 in there then the simple answer is because that will sit above the other 1080ps on a higher shelf and will display twitter feeds, Skype etc.

Have I missed anything  or am I correct in my thinking that this is fine, if one is active DisplayPort?

Ilmiont

first 2 monitors can connect to any port, 3 or higher needs to be connected to the active display port.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Do 3 and 4 have to be DP?

Can it be using all 4 outputs e.g.

1- DVI

2- DVI

3- HDMI

4- DisplayPort

Thanks for that clarification.

1- DVI

2- DVI

3- HDMI

4- DisplayPort

yes you can do all 4 but you have to use displayport and HDMI meaning that you need something that uses a digital signal (DVI HDMI DP)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yh that is fine. The 1080p monitors are all DVI. One will go to DisplayPort via an active adapter. One will go to HDMI and the other will go to a DVI. Then my VGA 1600 will go to the other DVI with my existing adapter already used. OK?

You can get a 3x HDMI to displayport hub, then use DVI for the 900p. EDIT get DVI adapters for them. Basically, you'll have a shit ton of adapters. 

Yh that sounds like a good idea. I thought of something else though.

I could hook the three 1080ps to the R9 and then attach the 900p to the motherboard VGA for my A10-7850K's integrated out. Would this work?

So then I could eyefinity the three 1080ps without the 900p getting in the way whilst still having the 900p working. Does dedicated and integrated play nice together like I propose?

APU: AMD A10-7850K (attached 900p)

GPU: Asus Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 4GB (attached 3x 1080p)

Mobo: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+

1- DVI

2- DVI

3- HDMI

4- DisplayPort

This will not work unless you are using a DVI-to-VGA adapter.  Lot of misunderstanding in this thread lol. The limitations aren't based around which port are used on the graphics card, it depends on the controllers being used for output. Most ports on the graphics card are connected to more than one controller internally which will handle the output depending on what you plug in. For example, if you connect your DVI port to a DVI monitor, it will be handled by the DVI/HDMI controller. If you connect your DVI port to a VGA monitor through an adapter, that configuration will be detected by the card and handled by the VGA controller instead.

All DVI/HDMI capability on the card comes from a single controller, which can only handle two ports at once. Therefore, no more than two displays can be run via the DVI/HDMI controller, whether it's going through either DVI port, the HDMI port, or the DisplayPort via a passive DisplayPort-to-DVI/HDMI adapter. So both DVI ports and the HDMI port cannot be used at the same time unless you are using one of the DVI ports for VGA output rather than DVI (using a DVI-to-VGA passive adapter). If you want to use four displays, you will need to use 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI-to-VGA adapter, and 1 DisplayPort or DP-to-Anything converter ("active adapter").

Yh that is fine. The 1080p monitors are all DVI. One will go to DisplayPort via an active adapter. One will go to HDMI and the other will go to a DVI. Then my VGA 1600 will go to the other DVI with my existing adapter already used. OK?

This will work.