White line(s) with red, blue and green dots...

Darkr
Go to solution Solved by Luke4efc,

This is called banding. It could mean that your GPU is dead. Try using the onboard graphics. If the problem disappears it's time to buy a new Graphics Card

Hello.

Recently, I've been having a pretty serious PC problem. When my PC crashes and it turns back on, there is a problem where there is a pretty thick line (about 2 cm thick) going straight downwards with red, green, and blue dots appearing and dissapearing everywhere in it.

There are more of these in different shapes when I turn my PC on.

Most of the time, it starts with a blue screen of death and the shapes are on the blue screen.

In the BIOS, there is still a little faint shape of the white line, but it is very little.

When I turn windows on, sometimes the only thing that is visible is the bar that you type your password in it. When I turn the PC off on the logon screen, a big segment of the black on the screen is cleared with the normal windows logon screen.

Its pretty hard to explain.

I nearly had a heart attack, and this continues to happen!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

This is called banding. It could mean that your GPU is dead. Try using the onboard graphics. If the problem disappears it's time to buy a new Graphics Card

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not usePCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

it's probably a dead graphics card.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I got it off ebay. Do you think I can get a return? I bought it 7th march...

Depends what the sellers return policy is. What GPU is it? I'd imagine it's a knock off Chinese brand through the fact you've A)bought it off eBay and B)It's started failing already

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not usePCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

What does it say in the "return policy" section for the item on Ebay?聽

Depends what the sellers return policy is. What GPU is it? I'd imagine it's a knock off Chinese brand through the fact you've A)bought it off eBay and B)It's started failing already

r9 290x.

It worked like a charm until now.

You need to look for the specific return policy for that item. You'll need to contact the seller of the item, and take it from there.

You need to look for the specific return policy for that item. You'll need to contact the seller of the item, and take it from there.

And how should I test my build in graphics card?

And how should I test my build in graphics card?

Unplug the connecter on the output of your existing GPU, and move it to the connector that's directly on the motherboard

Unplug the connecter on the output of your existing GPU, and move it to the connector that's directly on the motherboard

I unplugged it and plugged it into the other connector on the gpu, and it worked like a charm. Only now Im afraid to turn on afterburner fan control, since thats when it crashes most of the time...