Mixing Quadro with GeForce?

Spawnage_Loong

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to put a Quadro into a system that already has a GeForce Card in it. While the GeForce is perfectly fine for gaming, it's not so good for video editing and 3d rendering. Would I be able to put in a Quadro for rendering or do I need a separate system if I want a Quadro?

I'm here to make entries, and win prizes.

You can use both simultaneously.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes, it's possible.

Linus did it in one build guide here

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Yes there will be no issue. I do believe in the whole room watercoolingn one computer had a quadro and some titans, or the other way around, not so sure. 

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to put a Quadro into a system that already has a GeForce Card in it. While the GeForce is perfectly fine for gaming, it's not so good for video editing and 3d rendering. Would I be able to put in a Quadro for rendering or do I need a separate system if I want a Quadro?

Just a little clarification on Geforce. They are fine for rendering, both video and 3D. The only difference between the Quadros and GeForce are the drivers. The drivers don't affect the render times much, if at all. They affect things like accelerated real time playback (which from experience is fine on Geforce) and Viewport2.0 in Maya(You want a quadro for this, they don't even flinch at millions of polys) for example.

For say iRay or vRay, the geforce is likely faster than it's quadro brother.For example, a 780 Ti is faster at rendering than K6000 by a little bit (780Ti is clocked higher).