AMDlost 74 Million :'(

This is making me sad to say that AMD has lost 74 Million in Q2. For all the people that are hating on AMD or fan boying over Intel you need to understand that competition is the key in this market if there was no competition we would be running dual cores for a long time. What do you guys think AMD should do to get it back? 

This is the source:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/18/amd-q2-2013-earnings-profit-next-quarter/

out source low powered low TDP APUs to the mobile market. Something intel can't do and something ARM is trying to do.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

In my econ class we had to make 5 investments in stocks. The last one we chose was AMD and their stock went from 2.50 to over 4.00. Surprised to see this happen to them ;(

Stop with this 5.0GHz bullshit and charging $800 for it, that isn't the way to fight back

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

out source low powered low TDP APUs to the mobile market. Something intel can't do and something ARM is trying to do.

That is a very smart idea, I also think if they made a APU for android phones they will destroy ARM and Samsung 

Only 74 million. 

They lost one billion dollars in 2012. Yes billion. 

That is why their stock is up, they were supposed to lose even more than 74.

BTW desktop CPUs make up a tiny tiny amount of their profits. It is mostly server and mobile that bring in money. An consoles too. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I don't want them to lose any money, they are a great company, and drive the market in more cores but lack when it comes to TDP...

Only 74 million. 

They lost one billion dollars in 2012. Yes billion. 

That is why their stock is up, they were supposed to lose even more than 74.

BTW desktop CPUs make up a tiny tiny amount of their profits. It is mostly server and mobile that bring in money. An consoles too. 

And the Radeon's :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

And the Radeon's :)

Not on the consumer side. They barely make anything from consumers. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Sorry some how I made two of these topics sorry... 

Not on the consumer side. They barely make anything from consumers. 

Really ohh, I thought I was getting a grasp at this computer stuff lol

Sorry some how I made two of these topics sorry... 

Two 'sorries' wow you must be sorry :P

Really ohh, I thought I was getting a grasp at this computer stuff lol

Yeah I think he is right it is cheaper for budget builds and the never settle bundle that happend.

I would not worry possibly by Q3 they will at worst brake even, Q4 one Q1 2014 after the next gen consoles are out they will be on a strong position....

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Honestly I feel guilty going over to the green team (just bought a GTX 780 and it's amazing), but I couldn't wait anymore for them to come out with the damn 9000 series.