[Amazon US] Gunnar Optiks $40

humpingpandas

Do people really buy these? I'm waiting for a gaming toilet to come out so I can finally consider myself a true gamer.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Shit bucket anyone? 

haha yeah, I don't know why I didn't mention that instead. Nice catch!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I've actually heard people swear by them, saying it reduces the dryness of their eyes.  However, tests have inconclusive results, with one showing good results, and another showing nothing,

I use these, they really do help with eye-strain during extended gaming sessions.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I use these, they really do help with eye-strain during extended gaming sessions.

I've actually heard people swear by them, saying it reduces the dryness of their eyes.  However, tests have inconclusive results, with one showing good results, and another showing nothing,

Theres a history of notoriously dry eyes and night owl computing among the techies in my family [i get it from my mom] so i got her a full priced pair for her birthday despite her consistant bickering that they couldnt possibly work..and now she is in fucking love with them, she is a Senior Sys Admin so spend a lot of time staring at white screens with large rows and banks of text and theyre like a godsend to her lol. 

Needless to say, I was the favorite son that year :P

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Do people really buy these? I'm waiting for a gaming toilet to come out so I can finally consider myself a true gamer.

If no one bought them the company wouldn't still be doing business. So obviously they work for people. I do also believe that some people buy them for the #sweg

As someone with the Onyx, they are pretty bad (they hurt my sides after about 3-4 hours), and their customer support is utter garbage, and expect me to buy a new one with a 50% off coupon instead of replacing the things. I wouldn't recommend them.

As someone with the Onyx, they are pretty bad (they hurt my sides after about 3-4 hours), and their customer support is utter garbage, and expect me to buy a new one with a 50% off coupon instead of replacing the things. I wouldn't recommend them.

i assume you mean the sides of your head? :P

I was just about to buy the Heat/Carbon ones on Amazon as theyre only like 50 bucks right now and I could desperately use a pair

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

But, if you go to dx.com kr aliexpress you can get one for 1,41-2 euros

Seems like a great deal to me though...

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i assume you mean the sides of your head? :P

I was just about to buy the Heat/Carbon ones on Amazon as theyre only like 50 bucks right now and I could desperately use a pair

Haha, yup :D

I haven't tried that, but from my experience, I wouldn't pick up another pair of Gunnars nor recommend them after my experience with their below-subpar construction and mediocre customer support. I would much rather buy glasses with lens with an AR coating, since they essentially do the same thing and can be worn outside as well.

Haha, yup :D

I haven't tried that, but from my experience, I wouldn't pick up another pair of Gunnars nor recommend them after my experience with their below-subpar construction and mediocre customer support. I would much rather buy glasses with lens with an AR coating, since they essentially do the same thing and can be worn outside as well.

well to be 100% fair...maybe you just have a fat head? <3

Also, AR coating? Whatchu talkin bout willis?

I know a buddy of mine just got RX glasses with yellow lenses and he says they work bout as well and they were astronomically cheaper, but i dont need RX glasses and they didnt make em in non RX lenses so i was boned

Project Hephaestus

Nice, but not the pairs I like though.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Interesting.

Spoiler

Spoiler

well to be 100% fair...maybe you just have a fat head? <3

Also, AR coating? Whatchu talkin bout willis?

I know a buddy of mine just got RX glasses with yellow lenses and he says they work bout as well and they were astronomically cheaper, but i dont need RX glasses and they didnt make em in non RX lenses so i was boned

Yup, my heads a bit on the thicker side  :) (not fat :P ) But, I've never had this problem occuring with cheaper glasses. It's a problem with the restrictiveness of the Onyx, which for some reason became worse over time (and after about a year and a half, I actually had it fall apart :( )

post-42012-0-97332500-1431786762.png

Interesting.

When I was a full-time streamer, I would game at my monitor for 6-8 hours at a time and I would feel incredibly exhausted by the end of it.  My eyes were dry, I was constantly rubbing them and I had a headache almost everyday.  The Gunnars took all of that away, I felt great.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

When I was a full-time streamer, I would game at my monitor for 6-8 hours at a time and I would feel incredibly exhausted by the end of it.  My eyes were dry, I was constantly rubbing them and I had a headache almost everyday.  The Gunnars took all of that away, I felt great.

Wow, never thought they'd be that useful! Do they have any kind of tint?

Spoiler

Spoiler

I own some... so yeah.. they do actually work, I use steelseries scopes

the glasses have a slight magnification meaning I have to strain less to read small text and details on my 1440p monitor, they are yellow tinted to protect your eyes from blue light (some monitors do this now) - they are also anti glare etc - and they stop drafts drying your eyes out

if I am tired or feel a headache coming on, ( i suffer from migraines occasionally) I slap them on, and after about 15 minutes my eyes feel much fresher and stop aching :)

I am planning to get a nice pair for work that look smart :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, now these glasses are on sale on Woot. Not a big surprise considering Woot is a subsidiary of Amazon, though. Unfortunately, there's no free shipping with Woot.

http://www.woot.com/plus/gunnar-advanced-eyewear-3

I have a pair, but I wish the lenses were a bit bigger. I mainly wear them when I'm using my tablet before bed, since they cut down on the artificial blue light which apparently makes it harder to fall asleep. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but I feel like they do a good job in that respect.

(Of course, I could always avoid using electronics before bed... but screw that. :P )

I own some... so yeah.. they do actually work, I use steelseries scopes

the glasses have a slight magnification meaning I have to strain less to read small text and details on my 1440p monitor, they are yellow tinted to protect your eyes from blue light (some monitors do this now) - they are also anti glare etc - and they stop drafts drying your eyes out

if I am tired or feel a headache coming on, ( i suffer from migraines occasionally) I slap them on, and after about 15 minutes my eyes feel much fresher and stop aching :)

I am planning to get a nice pair for work that look smart :)

Thanks for the info. I also suffer from migraines but I'm fine on when it comes to PC usage. But I'll definitely keep these in mind. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wow, never thought they'd be that useful! Do they have any kind of tint?

They have a yellow tint.  Here I'll take a picture of mine.

OUdqyEh.jpg