WSJ: Sony Playstation 4 (PS4) unveil on Feb. 20th. Holiday release in late 2013.

w_km
as long as steambox has the right price point they will be the one cutting in to the market and will not be setback. imo.

I would like to see the Steambox destroy the console market. MS and Sony are too up themselves about everything and Nintendo are basically doing their own thing. Steambox would change everything. Asuming it has the right price point, like you said.

as long as steambox has the right price point they will be the one cutting in to the market and will not be setback. imo.

I would like to see the Steambox destroy the console market. MS and Sony are too up themselves about everything and Nintendo are basically doing their own thing. Steambox would change everything. Asuming it has the right price point, like you said.

As much as i'd like to see the Steambox succeed, i don't think it will. i think its two years to late. now that people are seriously building their own independant HTPC's

And i figure their biggest market would be the PC gamer who wouldn't mind a gaming set up on their TV but don't want a Console.

i don't consider the Steambox a console, more a tiny HTPC focused around gaming (vs consoles which are gaming with afterthought home threater abilities)

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

i have my PC for gaming so only reason for me to get PS4 is for games like Gran Turismo 6 or god of war

I can't wait!

Will buy ANY console that will feature the Final Fantasy franchise!

I agree with most of you' date=' it wasn't my rumor. 8gb RAM and 128gb ssd or 500gb HDD/small SSD combo sound more reasonable to me. The true value to a system like this is the integration of its hardware with its game developing platform. I'm most curious to see the actual graphics improvements because at the moment we can pretty well imagine that the PS4 won't support 4K gaming (it technically could, but i highly doubt it). If not 4K, then what? 3D? Don't care. Maye 4K video content in the future...will it's hardware support H.265? Maybe future upgrades if not at release? The only other actual improvement would be superior support for more realistic game development engines to take advantage of performance gains, otherwise it just doesn't make sense. [/quote']

I think support for 4K movies is very plausible since the HD 7000 series natively supports 4K .

I would love to see the Steam box succeed.

I'm quite excited for this announcement..

It seems the new consoles will have similar hardware specs making it much much easier for developers and it should help to bridge the gap between console and PC games.

I hope we finally see native 1080p games at the least.

Great article about next-gen hardware here: http://www.gamespot.com/features/wha...m-pcs-6402954/

i have my PC for gaming so only reason for me to get PS4 is for games like Gran Turismo 6 or god of war
You don't play Uncharted?

Looking forward to The Last of Us?

i never got into it

can anybody link me to a few images of the concept PS4?
There are hundreds of fakes floating around. No one is sure of what its going to look like.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

It seems the new consoles will have similar hardware specs making it much much easier for developers and it should help to bridge the gap between console and PC games.

Great article about next-gen hardware here: http://www.gamespot.com/features/wha...m-pcs-6402954/

Looks like AMD might be making some money from these consoles! Not sure if Nvidia will feel the effect of this.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

CEO of AMD actually said the "embedded" market will generate 20% of the company's total revenue during 2013.

That tells you that at least one next gen console will be released this year & that AMD expects to make a lot of money out of it.