Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

You're not even reading anything I've said so I'll let you carry on with your manufactured outrage.

No, I'm trying to have a conversation but you keep saying pretty much the same thing over and over, and a couple of your points went over my head because I don't know how they're relevant to the point you're trying to make.

I'm not speaking will ill intent. Toward you anyways, but that ifap4nvidia guy is another story because I'm pretty sure it's his 9000th account.

I play the game just fine on March, did they "optimized" something that nerfed AMD card prior to release? No time to redownload the game just yet.

With DSx4 | Low Enviromental map and Grass | 25 AI

16896216945_bea2fac095_o.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Neither of us seem to be understanding the other, so I'm just gonna let it go. This is all going to be forgotten anyway by the time AMD releases their next driver.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Says the company who puts Nvidia logos in-game (eg. track, billboards, walls, etc)

And they use PhysX as the core physic engine since Need for Speed Shift (though it is handled by the CPU). What are they smoking?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I think his point is that Gaming Evolved titles still ran fine on NVIDIA hardware. So people scream "NVIDIA Gameworks shenanigans," but yet all Gaming Evolved titles run fine on NVIDIA hardware. 

Remember when AMD Never Settle bundles had beast triple A titles a few years ago:

Sleeping Dogs

Hitman Absolution

Far Cry 3

Crysis 3

Tomb Raider

Bioshock Infinite

Far Cry Blood Dragon

These all ran exceptionally well on NVIDIA hardware, I know personally because I played all of them on NVIDIA hardware. You can even look at benches and see that this is the case.

I agree, every time I play on Nvidia-sponsored games I get shit on when I have an AMD GPU. It is always the case. Like there were cases where GTX 770 runs better than a R9 290, though it was like the 1st week of launch when there are hardly any drivers.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

If there is a performance deficit you can be quite confident that AMD performance will be fixed with the next driver update. That's just going by the history of how performance normally improves for AMD with the first driver update after a big AAA release... Game only came out yesterday. I say that while acknowledging the industry problem of gameworks black box modules being dropped into games.

On the longterm i am hopeful that Vulkan and DirectX12 with their thinner driver layers will have game devs be less reliant on new drivers for each game.

nvidia hasnt paid them a penny?

arent their nvidia advertising  logos all over the tracks ?

They put those logos there because they want to. Freedom of expression.

They put those logos there because they want to. Freedom of expression.

Also

"Not when, according to sources, they made ever effort to get AMD involved and keep them in the loop during the development period, of course AMD didn't do anything (allegedly) whereas Nvidia was happy to help along."

Also

"Not when, according to sources, they made ever effort to get AMD involved and keep them in the loop during the development period, of course AMD didn't do anything (allegedly) whereas Nvidia was happy to help along."

I think the guy that AMD assigned for pCars optimization simply..

image.jpg?w=500&c=1

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1. THE FUCKING GAME RUNS FINE ON MY 280X where the fuck is this coming from 

2. WHEN A GAME CAN RUN ON A DAMN WII WHY IS THERE A PROBLEM ON PC 

d1fe02358e7b84e5ce02b9f95f18f4a0.png

3. WHEN THE INTRO OF THE GAME HAS NVIDIA GAMEWORKS YOU WERE PAID

4. DEVS AND PROGRAMMERS DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT HARDWARE(I had first hand experience with this, happened at a conference pretty funny)

5. THEY CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE GAME WORK ON THE XBOX CAN'T IMAGINE IT ON OTHER CONSOLES
Video/story of how bad the game can be pretty funny

-rant done-

I love the game and im on a fx 6300 and 280x :D

Performance issues due to AMD's drivers? Yeah... I'll believe that when game devs actually start making games that don't require specific driver releases to work correctly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's just Bull ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Played it at my friend's house. He is using a R9 290. Project Cars worked great on it.

They are throwing statements and accusations, but they do have the Nvidia logo right up. Also we all know how the Nvidia thing works. They give the tools to the developers, provide help to their projects and allow them to use their technologies working closer to them. However you must have their shield and be on their side, and also reduce your cooperation with other GPU makers to the minimum if possible not providing any code for their proper drive optimization.

This isn't the first time this has happened on a gameworks project, and each time its a case of everyone pointing at each other to blame everyone else. It's like watching politicians.

fsmdmFe.jpg

NVIDIA HAS NOT PAYED US A PENNY.

BLATANT NVIDIA ADVERTISIMENT.

Lol

Another game nerfed for the red team.

Dont blame drivers lol . The way its meant to be played games are still broken for AMD , games like the batman series run MUCH better on nvidia cards and they have been out forever.

lol uses gameworks then blames amd for bad performance its like ubisoft blaming amd for bad AC unity performance on amd cards which is another gameworks title

All these arguments, all these wrong statements. :'D

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if AMD on purposely sabotages their own driver to stir controversy up, or they're just damn lazy and don't want to work on the last mile of the workflow to get the game running as it should. Drivers are important to making games work right. If the game works as it should but the drivers for AMD cards are shit, no wonder it'll perform worse. This isn't a thing of "Oh they're bought by Nvidia" "don't want to work with AMD" blatant asinine posts, it's a scenario of sub par drivers.

The devs are just plain stupid lol.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Stopped reading the devs quotes when he claimed they didn't receive money from NVIDIA.

I don't get how this came to a 4 page topic, when that's pretty much a /wrap.

Anyway, like it's usual in this community, the hate train has departed, I'll just throw my two cents coin at it:

This is yet just another of the typical game dev bitching, because their customers are demanding quality from their game (who would fucking guess people actual want quality when they spend their hard earned money?!). Yes it's not AMD game, or Intel, or NVIDIA. It's devs game.

If the devs actually cared about the performance and the quality of the drivers of the game, trust me, they would get it.

The solution isn't "Oh we gave AMD 20 licenses"... really, what the actual fuck! They could have game AMD 1,000,000 licenses for all we care. Just because AMD isn't shipping engineers to a studio that it's actually being supported by their competition - and probably such thing was never proposed by either party - doesn't mean AMD drivers are shit because AMD doesn't care.

What we've read was one side of the story - and let me tell you, very poorly made and extremely biased story. This story tells us the tale for the reason why we will continue to receive shit products from the gaming industry, because some game developers are either fucking clueless or simply don't care about their products !

Has a product manager I would never, EVER, let the quality of the products I manage be compromised because I've let it's performance being in charge of a fucking third party. If there were actual problems I would be all over their asses to fix such issues. The problem is - when you don't care - either because you are a bad professional, or because you think that the deals you've already cut are just enough for the results your management is expecting (so yeah, bad professional), then you can pass the hot potato of this issues to blame it on others.

It's THEIR GAME, THEIR PRODUCT, so just take some FUCKING RESPONSABILITY FROM YOUR OWN SHIT, GROW THE FUCK UP, AND SUCK IT.

Fucking discusting... This is the kind of companys that I expect to get no support from their clients, yet people insist on throwing money at them and eat shit for excuses.

What is the issue? it runs fine on a 290x I get 50 fps at 3440 x1440

People have been saying that it uses PhysX heavily as the main physics engine. If true then the physX code is running on your CPU rather than a Nvidia GPU. PhysX doesn't run well on any CPU but with a 4770K it will be better than most people.

People have been saying that it uses PhysX heavily as the main physics engine. If true then the physX code is running on your CPU rather than a Nvidia GPU. PhysX doesn't run well on any CPU but with a 4770K it will be better than most people.

Is there any confirmation of this? A source you could link to?

If the physics engine is PhysX based (Since, you know, it's a racing game, and therefore entirely dependent on physics calculations to run), then this game would basically be unplayable using an AMD GPU. Many here have stated that their AMD GPU's work fine, so I'm wondering what else might be an issue.

Of course AMD CPU's would be worse at PhysX compared to Intel ones - that's simply a result of them being less powerful CPU's, but the devs are blaming AMD Drivers, which leads me to believe this has nothing to do with CPU power (Assuming you meet whatever baseline is required).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

i think the reason behind Nvidia's policy of not allowing the devs to release gameworks codes to AMD because its their tech. why would anyone share their tech (secret formula etc) to their rival company?

Graphics drivers being poorly optimised merely means the game is poorly written and the GPU maker in question hasn't corrected the developer's sloppy work. Really, that's all it means. The result is still poor performance under AMD drivers but they are not to blame really. If I was to blame a GPU manufacturer it'd be nVidia. If they helped in the development and helped code the game they surely would have made it run as smoothly as possible on their own cards, no doubt, but I wouldn't put it past them to deliberately use techniques that they know will reduce performance with competitors.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Reminds me of this...

Funniest_Memes_it-s-amd-s-fault_176.jpeg

Reminds me of this instead:

d7de6a0c75.jpg

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Reminds me of this...

-snip-

LOL, seriously tho. That proprietary Nvidia technology is a scourge of gaming industry. How many games recently, that had plastered ''the way it's meant to be played'' all over it, run like shit on AMD hardware? And what about incoming titles, like Witcher 3.

Recommended specs:

- Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770

- AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

Seriously? 290 vs 770 >.>

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-