'the Cube' (Cooler Master Haf XB)

Bramm17

Just wanted to share these pics about my (re)build I did this weekend... I changed my PC to a new case and added a new CPU cooler. I had my pc in a Zalman Z9 plus before and had a CM Hyper 212 Evo before.

I changed to the Cube, the Cooler Master HAF XB. Its something really different this case and I loved the design. Also I like having it up on my desk and seeing it next to my monitor..

The parts arent the highest end parts because most is over a year old.. Thing I want to add in the future is a new AMD 9000 GPU if they launch near October :D!! I am also thinking of adding some blue LED strips possibly. 

Here are some pics of the steps and the final result:

14tbqes.jpg

2rnymgj.jpg

2isibt0.jpg

fx6v5d.jpg

nx72p1.jpg

29z76om.jpg

29y1gr5.jpg

What do you think :D? I kinda hate my PSU cabels so maybe that is also something I will do in the future, some nice sleeving :)

Edit: First complete build :$ :)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Nice and clean, would look so much better with sleeved cable though.

Nice and clean, would look so much better with sleeved cable though.

Thanks man, I totally agree. Have a CM GX 750W PSU and they are sleeved from the beginning of the PSU to some 5-10cm before the connector, sucks but It will have to do for now... Thinking of some tweaks like adding some LED strips and indeed some cable sleeving :)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

aaarrrggg brown pcb.... :) very nice clean build i like blue led fans in the front.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

aaarrrggg brown pcb.... :) very nice clean build i like blue led fans in the front.

Yes bad choise of mobo but back then I was a student and really had to watch budget :P 

Wait for those front 120mm to fill up with dust, it's really visible when it happens and the front bezel part it a real pain to get off, hurt my fingers and is generally annoying.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Yeah there is no dust filter or something, have to take the entire front bezel off and or the entire front bezel with fill up with dust :(

Nice build man! Love the style of dat case!

I would just recommend you to get white leds instead of blue ones, simply because otherwise it would simply be too much blue since you already have the fans that have blue leds ;)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Nice build man! Love the style of dat case!

I would just recommend you to get white leds instead of blue ones, simply because otherwise it would simply be too much blue since you already have the fans that have blue leds ;)

Thanks for the input, I will def think about that! Do you have any recommendations of LED stips? 

This case reminds me old times... you are using it wrong tgh get a big chair and put the monitor on top of the case thats how its suppose to be used ;)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Thanks for the input, I will def think about that! Do you have any recommendations of LED stips? 

Well, I have some nice experience with the BitFenix ones, but just go watch online, what you can find and then go watch on Google Images what they look like in a case ;)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Well, I have some nice experience with the BitFenix ones, but just go watch online, what you can find and then go watch on Google Images what they look like in a case ;)

Yeah I was looking at Bitfenix ones but also checked out some NZXT ones, that was at a good price and was 2m of braded LED cable but needed to start from a pci slot in the back of the pc so I dont think I am a fan of that.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: Bitfenix Alchemy Blue LED Strips! Got this one at work and kinda like the look, what do you think! Should I order more :)?

mi14ki.jpg

nzow1z.jpg

152ja5x.jpg

Love the look of this last pic :)

Something I just ordered online is 2 more 80mm fans for the underside of the case! Will update with photo's when done :)!! 

In total that would bring the fan amount to: 5x 120mm fans (incl fans on radiator) and 2x 80mm fans... Also the GPU has fans offcourse but they dont count like these :P !!

that's realyl nice and clean, nice job :).

You need to take the protective plastic off the heatsink.

that's realyl nice and clean, nice job :).

Thnx man!!

You need to take the protective plastic off the heatsink.

You mean that sticker: Dual Intelligent Processor sticker? 

You mean that sticker: Dual Intelligent Processor sticker? 

Its not a sticker its etched into the metal. There's a piece of plastic over it to protect it from getting scuffed in shipping.

Its not a sticker its etched into the metal. There's a piece of plastic over it to protect it from getting scuffed in shipping.

Ohw really? Thought it was a sticker... When I am home this evening I will have a look at that :P! 100% sure? Not that I pull of my dual intelligent sticker :D?

Nice build! I'm building a new system with the HAF XB also.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Nice build! I'm building a new system with the HAF XB also.

Thnx! And nice, what kind of specs you have in mind for a HAF XB build :D?!

@ all update: Some new extra LED fans 80mm for in the bottom rear should come today.. Will update log asap :D

Small update again: Added 2 small 80mm sharkoon fans to the bottom of the case... :D

bitceo.jpg

11h85sp.jpg

116i1ac.png

Final result:

And on the window reflection you can see the fans on the rear ... :)

29f3021.png

looks good i like that the blue lights from the fans don't over saturate the other parts very good

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H