Won't load past BIOS screen

SuNe^
Go to solution Solved by Elbstrand,

1. Clear CMOS

2. Check the Ram for errors

What motherboard do you got?

Hey guys,

So i was going to start my computer this morning like always, but it dident boot up.

It loads up untill the first BIOS screen where i normaly can press f12 etc to go in to bios etc, and it just freezes.

I cant go into bios and it wont load past it..

Anyone got any idea why?

How do i do that? Just remove battery for while?

Yes. That. If you have a Clear CMOS button, you can use that too.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

How do i do that? Just remove battery for while?

Depending on what motherboard you have, there is a internal or external clear CMOS switch, if neither of them can be found, look for a CMOS jumper, if that can't be found, remove the CMOS battery  

1. Clear CMOS

2. Check the Ram for errors

What motherboard do you got?

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Okey so i tried clear the cmos, but no diffrence..

Got a Gigabyte-GA-X58A-UD3R

Is it an Asus laptop by any chance?

Dang ignore that^ :ph34r:

Are you getting a BSOD?

It might also be too fast to see, try hitting F8 at startup and selecting "Disable automatic restart on system failure".

Continue with the boot and see what happens.

Trying to pick out all ram except for 1 and changing em around seemse not to be working either

Okey so i tried clear the cmos, but no diffrence..

Got a Gigabyte-GA-X58A-UD3R

Tried? Do or Do not. There is no try. + Swap out the ram, if you have no spares, try only 1 at a time

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I edited my post above^

Is it an Asus laptop by any chance?

Dang ignore that^ :ph34r:

Are you getting a BSOD?

It might also be too fast to see, try hitting F8 at startup and selecting "Disable automatic restart on system failure".

Continue with the boot and see what happens.

Well makes no diffrence switching RAMs.. it powers up, shows the bios load screen where i can press del etc, and then nothing..

Would a pic of the leds on the mb help?

Well makes no diffrence switching RAMs.. it powers up, shows the bios load screen where i can press del etc, and then nothing..

Would a pic of the leds on the mb help?

Yes do that. Try to unplug all your drives and usb stuff (besides the keyboard).

It is alive!! Dunno really what made it start, but after i unplugged everythin except the keyboard it all suddenly just booted up!

Anyway thanks alot guys for the help!

It is alive!! Dunno really what made it start, but after i unplugged everythin except the keyboard it all suddenly just booted up!

Anyway thanks alot guys for the help!

Maybe mark an actual answer as best answer, then. Don't want to imply anything, but marking your own post as best answer, when you didn't come up with anything new, that wasn't already posted is a bit douchy