Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OS Flash Drive

Go to solution Solved by Dabombinable,

Hello again LTT forums,

I'm interested on your thoughts on my ideas here. I plan to run Ubuntu 14.04 from a flash drive, however note that it will mainly be used as a BACK-UP OS, not often running longer than 30 minutes to 1 hour, and only under light use.

What I do want is it to be snappy, and I'm sure that can be achieved by the use of an extremely fast USB 3.0 flash drive, such as the SanDisk Extreme 32GG (rated at 245MB/s read) or the SanDisk Ultra Fit (rated at 130MB/s.

Extreme 32GB: http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/151177272911?nav=SEARCH

I have searched through many reviews and conclude the rated speeds for the Extreme 64/32GB are respectably close to what they claim. Anyway, what are your thoughts on running Ubuntu 14.04 under these conditions on an Extreme from SanDisk?

Considering how fast Ubuntu is on a HDD that struggles to push 100MB/sec, either one will do.

Hello again LTT forums,

I'm interested on your thoughts on my ideas here. I plan to run Ubuntu 14.04 from a flash drive, however note that it will mainly be used as a BACK-UP OS, not often running longer than 30 minutes to 1 hour, and only under light use.

What I do want is it to be snappy, and I'm sure that can be achieved by the use of an extremely fast USB 3.0 flash drive, such as the SanDisk Extreme 32GG (rated at 245MB/s read) or the SanDisk Ultra Fit (rated at 130MB/s.

I have searched through many reviews and conclude the rated speeds for the Extreme 64/32GB are respectably close to what they claim. Anyway, what are your thoughts on running Ubuntu 14.04 under these conditions on an Extreme from SanDisk?

I'm here to learn and help others!

on ebae they are cheap ones 4 like $20 for 1tb

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

RAZER CRACKEN ---------RAZER NAGA -------------------RAZER CHROMA

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

Hello again LTT forums,

Considering how fast Ubuntu is on a HDD that struggles to push 100MB/sec, either one will do.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

um those are fake k...

how i bot one

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

RAZER CRACKEN ---------RAZER NAGA -------------------RAZER CHROMA

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

on ebae they are cheap ones 4 like $20 for 1tb

I'm not looking for storage capacity, but speed.

Also a 1TB drive for $20 would be terrible.

shots fired but you're not too smart then...

Yes, we appear to have a confused, non-English speaking member here!