DSLR what's the best you can get for your money?

MzCatieB

So I am looking at getting a DSLR camera but I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to camera's.

I currently have a Samsung D860 and its OK but the quality isn't the best and its the reason why I am looking to upgrade.

what would you advice?

My Budget is £200 GBP / $350 USD

Character artist in the Games industry.

I would look at a micro 4/3 camera, Pasanasoic G2, Olympus EP2, and the likes.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

You don't have the budget for a DSLR, but

A Nikon V1 type camera or other four thirds system may suit you better. The reason I like the V1 is the accessories and lenses. If there's one thing I hate, it's being stuck with one lens, no matter how versatile it is. Four thirds refers to the size of the sensor:

sensor-sizes-1.gif

The top is the size of a full frame (35mm) sensor, like a Nikon FX camera, and the bottom three are typical consumer cameras. Four thirds is a great sensor size these days, because they come with so much more image quality than the common fingernail sized sensors.

Good luck!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You cold get a DSLR for 300 pounds, but 200 pounds is not enough for any DSLR camera.

Heres a Canon 1100D with kit lens - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-1100D-Digital-Camera-3-5-5-6/dp/B004MPQXZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359738320&sr=8-1

A good camera for it's price.

i think this would fit my needs perfectly... and not a bad price point

iv done some looking around online and i am stuck between the Canon EOS 1100D (£295) or the Nikon COOLPIX P510... im learning more towards the 1100D but the P510 has some nice features

The 1100D is a good starting point. The P510 isn't a DSLR (obviously). After you get it you should get some lenses - Canon 50mm F1.8 comes to mind (it's only 100$).

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

i went in to the store and looked at the 1100D and the P510. the P510 is the better one of the 2 cause i wont need to get new lenses for it, and is cheaper overall. it also does all the things i need it for and has nice features

Why do you think you would need to get new lenses for a camera? The kitlens isn't bad at all.

I recently purchased a Nikon D3100, really happy with it :D

i went in to the store and looked at the 1100D and the P510. the P510 is the better one of the 2 cause i wont need to get new lenses for it, and is cheaper overall. it also does all the things i need it for and has nice features
If you can avoid the Nikon!!!!!!!! You will get much more out of the Canon even with just the kit lens. I hope I'm not too late.

My compooter: http://imgur.com/a/mDFsx?

Why do you think you would need to get new lenses for a camera? The kitlens isn't bad at all.

Trust me you will want new lenses soon. You probably won't notice anything wrong with that kit lens for a while, but eventually things like barrel distortion and sharpness really get to you

Edit: Sorry for bringing it up, you are going to notice it now

I wouldn't go for the 1100D. On the lower end of the scale I would save a bit and go for the Nikon D3200 or look for a 2nd hand body.

Do you know what type of photography you are going to shoot? In the long run, if you get serious about it you will spend far more on lenses than the body

Nope, not noticing anything, but then again I'm not a professional photographer or anything and I don't really care much for that stuff at this point.

The only reason I could think of for getting a new lens at this point would be to get a larger aperture, since my kitlens only goes to f/3.5. Something like a Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX would be a nice addition.

Good call, definitely grab that 35mm! In terms of quality on a budget, it is the Nikon equivalent of the 50mm f/1.8. Amazing lens and versatile too!

I wouldn't go for the 1100D. On the lower end of the scale I would save a bit and go for the Nikon D3200 or look for a 2nd hand body.

Do you know what type of photography you are going to shoot? In the long run, if you get serious about it you will spend far more on lenses than the body

mostly close ups but iv decided on getting the Nikon L810 cause it does what i want and is well in my price range

Macro is a very expensive area of photography when done right. I would still advise you too get on a dslr body, but your budget may not stretch to that. I suppose you will still learn a bit from a bridge camera, but I wouldn't expect great results. Then again the whole set up costs about a 1/6 of the price of a decent macro lens alone so may be a good introduction for you.

My overall advice would still be to save until you can get the correct setup, but it may be a blessing in disguise as you might change your mind on what kind of things you want to shoot over time

Hope you enjoy whatever you end up with though :)

Macro is a very expensive area of photography when done right. I would still advise you too get on a dslr body, but your budget may not stretch to that. I suppose you will still learn a bit from a bridge camera, but I wouldn't expect great results. Then again the whole set up costs about a 1/6 of the price of a decent macro lens alone so may be a good introduction for you.

My overall advice would still be to save until you can get the correct setup, but it may be a blessing in disguise as you might change your mind on what kind of things you want to shoot over time

Hope you enjoy whatever you end up with though :)

iv decided on getting the Nikon L810 then 1s i get in to a decent amount of money/ sustainable income i will get my self something like a Canon 600D and some standard Lenses with it