When will Skylake come to Desktops?!?

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if any of you know when Intel Skylake processors will start to come as desktop chips?

I was building a computer and decided to wait for the new processors, is that a good idea?

chriswong180

In a while. I wouldn't wait for them personally.

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if any of you know when Intel Skylake processors will start to come as desktop chips?

I was building a computer and decided to wait for the new processors, is that a good idea?

chriswong180

People are saying around about September or so.

If you want numbers the rumoured increase on the current gen is about 15% for the i7

But again both of the above statements are rumours, although I do think the article i read about the i7 was legit, cant remember where I saw it though

People are saying around about September or so.

If you want numbers the rumoured increase on the current gen is about 15% for the i7

But again both of the above statements are rumours, although I do think the article i read about the i7 was legit, cant remember where I saw it though

I saw that too and its probably about right, ~15% performance increase with a ~5% reduction in boost clock but the bigger (and more important question IMO) is how much head room will they have ;)

Personally I'm more interested in Cannonlake next year but I'm on an Ivy Bridge so waiting isn't a big deal :)

Most likely Q3/Q4 2015 or Q1 2016 - if Broadwell-K is skipped.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I saw that too and its probably about right, ~15% performance increase with a ~5% reduction in boost clock but the bigger (and more important question IMO) is how much head room will they have ;)

Personally I'm more interested in Cannonlake next year but I'm on an Ivy Bridge so waiting isn't a big deal :)

Yeah the second part (Tick) of each generation is where the big performance increases usually is, however it's due at about 2017, according to wikipedia. Probably about when i'd upgrade aswell

Yeah the second part (Tick) of each generation is where the big performance increases usually is, however it's due at about 2017, according to wikipedia. Probably about when i'd upgrade aswell

:( I hadn't been following the process upgrades too closely and last I had heard was Q4 2016 but I guess a slip to Q1/2 2017 should have been expected after the 14nm issues, sadly looking around now there are rumours of even more delays (due to pushing back tooling purchases) possibly pushing back as far as Q4 2017 :/ hopefully that's not true! IDK if I can wait that long lol.

:( I hadn't been following the process upgrades too closely and last I had heard was Q4 2016 but I guess a slip to Q1/2 2017 should have been expected after the 14nm issues, sadly looking around now there are rumours of even more delays (due to pushing back tooling purchases) possibly pushing back as far as Q4 2017 :/ hopefully that's not true! IDK if I can wait that long lol.

Oh man that would be a bummer, but I spose that's just how the hardware industry works. However by then we might start seeing the new forms of CPU's that don't use solely silicon.

btw Hi, im also in Auckland lol