Am i just a big pussy

chimmychunger

look im a 17 year old guy, love violent video games and violent movies a real mans man. well recently we have had a mouse problem and my parents set up traps, i was the first to see the dead mouse, its neck was broken and it was twitching, my mum got rid of it and everything but i did she a fair few tears.

this cant be normal for a kid my age to cry over a friggin mouse

Eh, we're all normal.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm the same. I'm 17 and I'm pretty decent with violent video games / movies / ER TV shows - but at the sign of a cockroach / mouse I flip shit :P

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Yes.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

look im a 17 year old guy, love violent video games and violent movies a real mans man. well recently we have had a mouse problem and my parents set up traps, i was the first to see the dead mouse, its neck was broken and it was twitching, my mum got rid of it and everything but i did she a fair few tears.

How many mouses were there? Were they laser or optical? What sensor? What was their polling rate? Did they have 9001dpi branding all over them? Did they fit well into your hand? Did they come with a removable cable? Did they have replaceable switches? Were they RGB backlight? Did they have any acceleration issues? Were they optimized for gaming?

Were the traps that you were using cloth, plastic or metal? Did the mouses glide over the traps nicely? How well did they track?

Try throwing them against the wall a few times, do they work again? If not then RMA ASAP

It means you're human.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Well for me it's how the hell did it get there or what the hell is it, it's more of it being unexpected for me.

what  a puss. using traps? real men would use nail guns or flamethrowers! 

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

Having mice and seeing them being poisoned depresses the hell out of me. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I'm the same. I'm 17 and I'm pretty decent with violent video games / movies / ER TV shows - but at the sign of a cockroach / mouse I flip shit :P

Oh man don't remind me of roaches. Those things creep me the heck out, especially those satanic flying ones... Suffice to say I will scream like a little girl...

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

bruh. its ok not that big of  a deal tbh.

just a small question tho (not trying to be mean. just for the sake of it)

you live in australia. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THIS STUFF

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Violence, gore and blood is completely different in video games than it is in real life. It's really not unusual for people to be somewhat squeamish when they see it in real life, even if it's a mouse.

You never really know how you'll handle it until you actually see it. Most people who play violent video games would think that they would be fine seeing a dead body, but the smell alone (depending on how long they've been dead) is enough to make a lot of people feel/be sick.  

bruh. its ok not that big of  a deal tbh.

just a small question tho (not trying to be mean. just for the sake of it)

you live in australia. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THIS STUFF

im fine with them, ive never killed one. outside i walk passed spiders, snakes. ive been within 5 feet of wild kangaroos but never had to kill anything

I'm turning 17 in exactly a month :D

I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't freak out over dead animals. I grew up on a farm where animals would die sometimes, or we'd have to kill our own food.

So it doesn't bother me.

But I also haven't been to the farm for more than a visit for about 5 years now.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Oh man don't remind me of roaches. Those things creep me the heck out, especially those satanic flying ones... Suffice to say I will scream like a little girl...

I'm manly and all (despite being gay, at least) but that shit freaks me out. I'd sooner burn my house down than face a flying one - whoever designed those need to be shot. But I do a lot of contact sport and everything so I can feel tough sometimes I suppose.

It is more than normal, especially after seeing a living creature go through something so inhumane. The sticky traps are the worst kind of traps though. :(

Never feel ashamed or the like over feeling sad over the death of something. If people tell you otherwise, ignore them.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm manly and all (despite being gay, at least) but that shit freaks me out. I'd sooner burn my house down than face a flying one - whoever designed those need to be shot. But I do a lot of contact sport and everything so I can feel tough sometimes I suppose.

Imagine being 6 and chased by that thing... *shivers*

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Violence, gore and blood is completely different in video games than it is in real life. It's really not unusual for people to be somewhat squeamish when they see it in real life, even if it's a mouse.

You never really know how you'll handle it until you actually see it. Most people who play violent video games would think that they would be fine seeing a dead body, but the smell alone (depending on how long they've been dead) is enough to make a lot of people feel/be sick.  

no blood, just the body, im fine with irl blood, mums a nurse not squeamish around blood

Haha you're fine dude. :P 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Imagine being 6 and chased by that thing... *shivers*

I'm not sleeping tonight. Thanks for that.

I'm 6ft 3inches tall, and now I'm freaked out.

no blood, just the body, im fine with irl blood, mums a nurse not squeamish around blood

Yeah, it's not unusual. Some people just react differently to seeing something dead. 

Well if you really were a big pussy, you wouldn't be afraid of mice, but dogs.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, in terms of Psychology (if you really want to go there), loving violent events but having tender emotions over real-life death usually means that you have some kind of wall between what is real and what is perceived as real. I am sure that you have heard many stories where people blame violent games to cause some people to become violent. This can be the case just as the total opposite. Some people who love virtual violence can be the most tender-hearted people in real life. The same scenario for people who are overly built, who work out constantly and try to be as rugged as they can in public - but when in private they may allow themselves to be pampered with manicures, cry along with their girlfriend/boyfriend, etc...

So, in terms of psychology it could be something to keep an eye on (so that you don't get sucked into the stereotypical virtual world of non-reality versus real life), but like I said, for some people this notion could not be further from the truth.

I guess my blabbering point is that you might be surprised just how many people feel the same way as you - love the online violence, but may be more tender about real life happenings.