AT&T billed an 83-year-old man over $24,000 for two months of dial-up Internet service

ahhming

Meanwhile, at the secret meeting of ISP CEO's,

Legion_of_Doom.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Holy cow, you would think they would be nicer to senior citizens but I guess no one can escape their evil clutches.

Whoa, whoa, whoa

WHOA

US still has dial-up? You can actually go and buy dial-up, as in, it is a product that is available still?

WHAT

Welcome to the US, please set your watches back about 15-20 years.

Why? Because: Congress won't put an end to gigantic monopolies.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You do realize your last statment contradicts your second paragraph right?

Isn't the title accurate? Did the ISP not bill the 83 year old man for those charges overthe course of two months?

Also people are upset over this. People are also just generally angry towards ISPs for the reasons you mentioned.

Most definitely that was the point they made a mistake but if they can con the old man and get away with it they will , why do you think they changed tune when the media fired up?

The title is correct yes but does it matter ? Whether the man was 20 or 83 does it make a difference ?

I wonder how many of these mistakes happen but the only ones we hear about are the old people?

That was my point.

yeah i wouldnt pay that, see them take me to court and try and argue the case, that might be worth it, hope this makes wan show just so the IPS learn to get thier shit straight.

I'm in the UK and i have a 2 meg connection (so usually a download flickers around 150-220kbps though it can crash down to nothing) the only consolation is its a shared sheltered house so its free, free doesnt help when 360p youtube has to buffer for a few seconds and videos on your facebook "home/timeline" that autoplay make it crawl and we're not allowed to run ethernet or get our own internet. 4 more months and ill happily pay for 50 meg virgin.

Just an FYI, you can (and should) disable Auto Play on FB videos for your feed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)