Steam now allows game developers to ban users from their games

zappian

Is VAC limited to the specific game you were banned from? I was under the impression it had broader consequences.

It is specific if the game isn't from Valve. If you get banned from the game made by Valve on Source engine (HL/CS/TF2 etc.) then it applies to all Source games.

Example: I'm banned from CoD:AW, but I can play Black Ops 2, TF2, L4D... pretty much everything except AW.

EDIT: heh, too late.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

this can be used to retaliate against game critics

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

this can be used to retaliate against game critics

The game critic then could easily publicize the false ban and completely destroy the company that was doing the false retaliation. The developers would have much more to lose from falsely banning someone from their game for that reason, as it does not stop them from telling everyone else in other places about the wrong doings. Which would spread like wildfire.

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

The game critic then could easily publicize the false ban and completely destroy the company that was doing the false retaliation. The developers would have much more to lose from banning someone from a game, as it does not stop them from telling everyone else in other places about the wrong doings. 

Some developers never got the memo, just look at what Jim Sterling went through.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Some developers never got the memo, just look at what Jim Sterling went through.

And that's their loss. If they pull shit, they get destroyed. Which in this situation is completely fair. It would actual do a natural selection thing of sorts, destroying the bad developers and keeping the good clean developers in business. And would probably discourage developers from carrying out such an act by seeing the consequences.

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

this isnt a steam issue , i mean if its abused its not valves fault its the shady developer  that is at fault

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

this isnt a steam issue , i mean if its abused its not valves fault its the shady developer  that is at fault

Exactly, and the developer would die in a fire almost instantly the second any word got out that they were doing some dodgy things.

The majority of Steam is shady developers at this point :P

The majority of Steam is shady developers at this point :P

This would likely expose the super shady developers. As I guarantee you the second any developer places a ban for a shady reason on someone, you're going to see it everywhere, and that developer will be no more.

I support paid mods as long as its optional, and the mod makers/people who host the website get the vast majority, if not 100%.

for this, My concern is devs banning people who give negative reviews. or a auto ban system, and people report others willy nilly to get them out of the game.

Donations to mod creators I fully support, but making people pay for mods and hardly giving the creator shit is just insane.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Donations to mod creators I fully support, but making people pay for mods and hardly giving the creator shit is just insane.

The mod creators should have a fixed 50% MINIMUM rate.

Anything lower than that is day light robbery.

That's uncessarly rude. No, if I get banned with no explanation from a game, I want my money back. Otherwise I could troll people and report them cheating so they lose 60$. Be a good way to get back at the enemy team.

Fair enough, sorry for the brick related recommendation.

The mod creators should have a fixed 50% MINIMUM rate.

Anything lower than that is day light robbery.

People don't really seem to get that.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL