I NEED opinions on my config

System looks fine, but what is your plan with it? If I could change anything it would be to add a graphicscard

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

System looks fine, but what is your plan with it? If I could change anything it would be to add a graphicscard

Sorry forgot to mention im getting a 9970

mobo is overkill

and its better to wait for september / october / BF 3 release with 9970 along, and see what is best then.

prices may drop and you may catch some discount, you save 80 bucks and put it in 250 gb ssd

wait for discounts and stuff

I would not go with the Sabertooth because I think that most of your money goes onto the TUF features which are useless imo unless you want to create a clean build. I would go with a Z87-A board because this board can achieve 4.8GHz but this may depend on your cpu. I would add a cpu cooler like a Hyper 212 Evo or maybe a H220 if you can afford it in order to overclock your cpu.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would not go with the Sabertooth because I think that most of your money goes onto the TUF features which are useless imo unless you want to create a clean build. I would go with a Z87-A board because this board can achieve 4.8GHz but this may depend on your cpu. I would add a cpu cooler like a Hyper 212 Evo or maybe a H220 if you can afford it in order to overclock your cpu.

mobo is overkill

and its better to wait for september / october / BF 3 release with 9970 along, and see what is best then.

prices may drop and you may catch some discount, you save 80 bucks and put it in 250 gb ssd

wait for discounts and stuff

im doing a build log and i really want my pc to look good so im getting a sabertooth anyway

i have a dark rock pro 2 and the h220 is not avalible where i live

im doing a build log and i really want my pc to look good so im getting a sabertooth anyway

i see its a black build... cool.

any lights inside?

any lights inside?

oh i forgot to mention i am getting a NZXT HUE the build is going to be all black the only color is from  LEDs

motherboard seems a bit much for the rest of the build mainly because of no gpu, seriously Y NO GPU?

motherboard seems a bit much for the rest of the build mainly because of no gpu, seriously Y NO GPU?

i said earlier that i im getting a 9970 when releaseed

any lights inside?

oh and the sabertooth have the metal backplate which is good for a heavy cooler like the dark rock pro 2