I just built my new PC (first time)

Motherboard: gigabyte H97M-D3H

CPU: Intel i5 4570

1TB HDD

2x 8GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 RAM

power supply:TS650 W

GPU: none as of now (onboard graphics)

and nothing is displaying on my monitor when I hook it up to my PC

the computer turns on, the fans spin but the power button is blinking and won't display an image what should i do? /:

Which display out are you using? And forgive me if I sound like a jerk, but: Is the cable in all the way? Is the cable any good? Is the monitor in a working power connector? Is the monitor itself any good? If all else fails, take it all apart, and start from square one. And if that doesn't work, RMA the parts.

Which display out are you using? And forgive me if I sound like a jerk, but: Is the cable in all the way? Is the cable any good? Is the monitor in a working power connector? Is the monitor itself any good? If all else fails, take it all apart, and start from square one. And if that doesn't work, RMA the parts.

HDMI Out the cables are in all the way and I've used the same exact cable and monitor on my previous PC that I had on yesterday so they both work, I am thinking about starting from scratch but I can't tell what's wrong with anything everything is plugged into the appropriate ports and the fans run and I heard the water cooler kick in so I'm really unsure what the problem could be

HDMI Out the cables are in all the way and I've used the same exact cable and monitor on my previous PC that I had on yesterday so they both work, I am thinking about starting from scratch but I can't tell what's wrong with anything everything is plugged into the appropriate ports and the fans run and I heard the water cooler kick in so I'm really unsure what the problem could be

Have you checked to see if your monitor is set to the correct input (if it has more then one)

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Hmmm.... It may be time to pull out those Warranty Cards. Or, take apart the computer, and make sure you didn't make any stupid mistakes. Or maybe, we need to wait a little longer, it could be a lower boot priority,

Hmmm.... It may be time to pull out those Warranty Cards. Or, take apart the computer, and make sure you didn't make any stupid mistakes. Or maybe, we need to wait a little longer, it could be a lower boot priority,

Yeah I set my monitor to HDMI, should I leave the PC running for a few minutes and see what happens? If that doesn't work I'll just take it all apart and retry and that if that doesn't work I'll get my money back for the crappy parts and just bump up my budget and get better stuff

Yeah I set my monitor to HDMI, should I leave the PC running for a few minutes and see what happens? If that doesn't work I'll just take it all apart and retry and that if that doesn't work I'll get my money back for the crappy parts and just bump up my budget and get better stuff

I wish you the best of luck.

so I took it all apart and put it all back together switched ram slots took the battery out of the motherboard held down the power button with the power supply off and unplugged and still no display and has a flashing power button

maybe I put my CPU in wrong? Possibly a pin is bent? because I had the wrong CPU put it about a week or two ago and I just got the correct one yesterday and put it in

I lined up the triangle on the CPU with the triangle on my mobo but it's still not doing anything at all

maybe I just f***** up the motherboard? If anybody knows why the power button light is flashing and there's no display please let me know

Like Linus said, try to turn on your system before put into the case. Try to power on your motherboard+processor+stock cooler+ram+psu outside the case, reset the cmos jumper, if it didn't work, try to borrow another ram from your family/friend.

Like Linus said, try to turn on your system before put into the case. Try to power on your motherboard+processor+stock cooler+ram+psu outside the case, reset the cmos jumper, if it didn't work, try to borrow another ram from your family/friend.

I should have but I didn't. even if anything I can easily remove it all from the case I just want to know what the problem is with it

the power button is flashing on and off what does that mean? Anybody know?

I should have but I didn't. even if anything I can easily remove it all from the case I just want to know what the problem is with it

the power button is flashing on and off what does that mean? Anybody know?

see how many time it blinks

it may indicate the error

did you try to reseat the RAM?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just out of curiosity did you say you had a another monitor? if so can you try the other monitor to see if the screen comes on if it does it could be possible that you do not have it connected right since you said your using HDMI,it also could be possible you have a bad HDMI cable do you have a spare HDMI cable to try?

You can also try to connect the monitor via DVI cable if you have a DVI connector on the monitor and GPU to try and see if you get a screen..

It doesn't stop blinking I've kept it on for ten+ minutes and I'm going to try a dvi cable later today the hdmi and monitor are fine I'm using them on my old PC as we speak but I'm going to try DVI later I'll update the thread after I try thanks guys

Wait guys it's a razer h440 case I just turned all the light on including the bottom lights back lights and logos and they're ALL blinking like the power button is

power supply problem?

I not sure why but in your YouTube video why am I not seeing a video card plugged into your motherboard,with out having one you never get a video and that could be the reason why the lights are blinking..

Oh for get that your using on board video,make sure in the bios that your on board video is enabled..

I not sure why but in your YouTube video why am I not seeing a video card plugged into your motherboard,with out having one you never get a video and that could be the reason why the lights are blinking..

Oh for get that your using on board video,make sure in the bios that your on board video is enabled..

I can't get into the bios there's no video!

JUST TESTED: I tried plugging a mouse into the motherboard through the back of the PC and the light on the mouse flashes and turns off automatically and all the case lights are blinking so guys

Shit motherboard or shit power supply? It's a 650 watt supply so I'm unsure if that's the problem

I'm thinking it's the motherboard

Yeah forgot about that,by any chance would you a video card or another PSU you could try? It could be possible it is bad mobo or a PSU but if you had one of these items you could try to see if it would eliminate those parts..

If you had a spare video card or PSU it be worth trying before narrowing down to a mobo or even memory. but I am leaning towards the on board video...

Another question do you hear any beeps when the PC starts?

I just built my new PC (first time)

Motherboard: gigabyte H97M-D3H

CPU: Intel i5 4570

1TB HDD

2x 8GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 RAM

power supply:TS650 W

GPU: none as of now (onboard graphics)

and nothing is displaying on my monitor when I hook it up to my PC

the computer turns on, the fans spin but the power button is blinking and won't display an image what should i do? /:

Take it out of the case and start over, test the board out of the case with the stock cooler. Check if it works, if it does then put it back in the case with the normal stock cooler. If it does not then plug in one stick of RAM and try if it boots, then try the other stick if it does not still. Reseat CPU, if it does not work then might be that the Motherboard is faulty.

Try and see if you can enter BIOS. I remember the first time I out my pc together, the display would be blank for long time but instantly lights up if I tried to go into BIOS.
Edit: Ah, my bad, I didn't read the post where you mentioned you couldn't enter the bios. 

Yeah forgot about that,by any chance would you a video card or another PSU you could try? It could be possible it is bad mobo or a PSU but if you had one of these items you could try to see if it would eliminate those parts..

If you had a spare video card or PSU it be worth trying before narrowing down to a mobo or even memory. but I am leaning towards the on board video...

Another question do you hear any beeps when the PC starts?

Someone else in my house has a good video card I'll ask them if I can test it out but if the video card doesn't work then how would I know what the problem is? because it could still be the power supply thy won't start up the card or it could be the motherboard that won't run it yk what I mean?

nope there aren't any beeps when the PC starts, it starts all silently the fans run the water cooler runs but all the LEDs flash and there's no video that's all, I'm leaning more towards motherboard as well since I plugged the mouse into it and the light just flashed on it and turned off immediately that's why the hdmi isn't connecting to the monitor because those USB ports are either shot because the motherboard is fried or it's not getting enough power from the PSU

Try and see if you can enter BIOS. I remember the first time I out my pc together, the display would be blank for long time but instantly lights up if I tried to go into BIOS.

ah but I just found out no power is coming out of the motherboard because I plugged a mouse into the back and it lit up then shut right off that's why I never got a display but I don't know the exact problem yet

The reason I mentioned trying a video card is to see if it would work,if it would not work then I suggest trying another PSU as it maybe the problem,now if that does not work then I would have to say it is possibly the motherboard itself...Just trying to narrow down what it could be before I say it maybe a motherboard..

Here is a link to why I ask you if you hear any beeps when your PC boots up..

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm