Star Wars Battlefront 3 Dev talks about DLC Concerns

So I just read through this,

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/star-wars-battlefront-dev-addresses-dlc-concerns

And basically, my Initial thought was:

"Kinda sounds like he's just avoiding the real question, why not just include it all at once and not make people pay extra for a game they already paid for"

He mentions "I’ve never heard anyone say 'Let’s not do this for launch so we can do it as DLC instead'. Ever.”

But that doesn't necessarily say that it won't happen.

Thoughts?

~Blackler~

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

INB4 EA/Origin are Money grabbing Thieves

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

Cause shit done after the game has gone gold costs money. Of course they have DLC planned, if each one takes 2-3 months to make. Why wouldn't they have a long term plan? 

Don't want DLC? Don't fucking pay for it! send your message! 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The only real reason I feel that EA is getting the backlash they are is because they haven't released a gameplay trailer, so everyone is just so sceptical about the game. Also, no destructible environments is a bummer and not split screen for the PC either. EA aren't making the game very enticing. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

There are lots of reasons for not buying the game...

AluhHDx.png

One could argue that those are not, technically, reasons to not buy the game. (unless you have some kind of insatiable desire to play space battles in the new game and if they arent included you will explode)  Thats a chart cross examining feature sets in the game. While yes, the new Battlefront does not include a lot of the great things that made Battlefront 2 such a great game, that does not mean that Battlefront will be bad.

Nobody except the devs have played the game and the public has not even seen gameplay. We have ZERO idea of what the game will be like. Maybe it will blow everyone's socks off and receive 10/10 reviews despite not having those things. (although I doubt it)

My point is that I think everybody needs to slow the heck down and stop screaming about how there are no space battles, campaign, instant action, ect. I think it is really unfortunate that those things aren't included in the game, but, until we have played the game when its released, then we will have 'reasons' not to buy the game. It is possible for the game to be good without them. Look at Republic Commando (I know it is a diff style of game) not really any of those features, (space battles, vehicle combat, etc) but it was still one of the best games of all time. IMHO :).

I don't have anything against you or the chart, it is really interesting to see the differences. However, Im pretty sure that they have said that they are taking a different approach to the game from BF2 and maybe thats a good thing. Anyways, maybe some of the features lacking from battlefront 2 will be added via DLC (free hopefully).

Whatever..... this is just my thoughts on the whole situation right now.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

The only real reason I feel that EA is getting the backlash they are is because they haven't released a gameplay trailer, so everyone is just so sceptical about the game. Also, no destructible environments is a bummer and not split screen for the PC either. EA aren't making the game very enticing. 

They never said they wouldnt do destruction. They said they wouldnt do destruction like battlefield (my guess is they were talking about bf4 and its levelution) Theyll probably do small scale destruction which is honestly fine by me. Split screen for pc IMHO really isnt needed. It makes more sense when a console is hooked up to a fairly large screen not with a pc most likely hooked up to a 24ish inch monitor

Nobody except the devs have played the game and the public has not even seen gameplay. We have ZERO idea of what the game will be like. Maybe it will blow everyone's socks off and receive 10/10 reviews despite not having those things. (although I doubt it)

And this dissapoints and infuriates me the most. Why on earth did they not release a gameplay trailer?!?!? Instead of releasing a scripted, prerendered trailer that only hype up people who think that was ingame footage?!?! Even battlefield 3/4/H didn't do that! Trailers for those at least had gameplay.

Uhhghh, I don't want to jump to conclusion thinking EA is doing this to overhype up a medicore game and just gorge on preorder and day one sale but it really feels like that so far.

No instant action?

Well, they can go fuck themselves then.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

And this dissapoints and infuriates me the most. Why on earth did they not release a gameplay trailer?!?!? Instead of releasing a scripted, prerendered trailer that only hype up people who think that was ingame footage?!?! Even battlefield 3/4/H didn't do that! Trailers for those at least had gameplay.

Uhhghh, I don't want to jump to conclusion thinking EA is doing this to overhype up a medicore game and just gorge on preorder and day one sale but it really feels like that so far.

Well the game doesn't come out till December, that's 8 months away. They have more than enough time to release a gameplay trailer, no?

I honestly have no issue with genuine DLC, it doesn't effect the base game and is completely optional

And so battlefront 3 does not have the same features as battlefront 2, you cant just compare games on a list like that, how does the game feel, look sound, is it fun to play? do you and your friends enjoy it, how does the game make you feel!!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There are lots of reasons for not buying the game...

Seriously? No A.I. in PvP??? Gj EA you managed to take out one more the the defining features in Battlefront. A.I. was quintessential in making PvP fun for ALL players. EA is just turning this into a Battlefield skin... #KeepOnDigging

dev can say anything they want

but... does EA think the same?
it's EA afterall

or.. DLC = disc lock content ? no

but DLC = downloadable content? yes.

One could argue that those are not, technically, reasons to not buy the game. (unless you have some kind of insatiable desire to play space battles in the new game and if they arent included you will explode)  Thats a chart cross examining feature sets in the game. While yes, the new Battlefront does not include a lot of the great things that made Battlefront 2 such a great game, that does not mean that Battlefront will be bad.

My point is that I think everybody needs to slow the heck down and stop screaming about how there are no space battles, campaign, instant action, ect. I think it is really unfortunate that those things aren't included in the game, but, until we have played the game when its released, then we will have 'reasons' not to buy the game. It is possible for the game to be good without them. Look at Republic Commando (I know it is a diff style of game) not really any of those features, (space battles, vehicle combat, etc) but it was still one of the best games of all time. IMHO :).

I don't have anything against you or the chart, it is really interesting to see the differences. However, Im pretty sure that they have said that they are taking a different approach to the game from BF2 and maybe thats a good thing. Anyways, maybe some of the features lacking from battlefront 2 will be added via DLC (free hopefully).

Whatever..... this is just my thoughts on the whole situation right now.

I think the problem with this whole situation is that Battlefront 3 is shaping up to just be a re-skin of Battlefield 4 with a few tweaks here and there, which on its own will probably be a decent enough game (Hell it would probably make a excellent Republic Commando game). However that's not what people wanted. They wanted a new Battlefront game with all the features that made Battlefront 1+2 great and Battlefront 3 simply isn't that. You can understand peoples disappointment, Its like being told that you've won a Ferrari only when it shows up at your drive it's actually a Golf GTI. We should technically be grateful that we got a new car at all (Or a new Star Wars game in this case) Buuut it's not the one we thought we where getting.       

Not to mention that at the moment there seems to be a worrying lack of content in the main game even by 2015 standards.  

I think the problem with this whole situation is that Battlefront 3 is shaping up to just be a re-skin of Battlefield 4 with a few tweaks here and there, which on its own will probably be a decent enough game (Hell it would probably make a excellent Republic Commando game). However that's not what people wanted. They wanted a new Battlefront game with all the features that made Battlefront 1+2 great and Battlefront 3 simply isn't that. You can understand peoples disappointment, Its like being told that you've won a Ferrari only when it shows up at your drive it's actually a Golf GTI. We should technically be grateful that we got a new car at all (Or a new Star Wars game in this case) Buuut it's not the one we thought we where getting.       

Not to mention that at the moment there seems to be a worrying lack of content in the main game even by 2015 standards.  

Sorry bud Battlefront 3 was cancelled a long time ago..

Why do people not understand this?

Frankly, I'd be much happier with a new Republic Commando game. The Single Player Campaign and storyline and even gameplay were all kickass.

This game - Battlefront 3 - will at best, only have the last point (kickass gameplay). I'm still hoping there will be an excellent story driven single player FPS Star Wars game. Republic Commando 2? I can dream. However, a Single Player Game made in the "Battlefront" engine, with vehicle combat, BF4-esque, would be fucking sweet.

Sorry bud Battlefront 3 was cancelled a long time ago..

Why do people not understand this?

Sigh - The game is officially titled "Star Wars Battlefront". It's not hye original game that was being developed as Battlefront 3. It's a totally new game with no connections to that project aside from the fact that it's a Battlefront game. Thanks. We get it. Now please stop saying that.

There is already a "Star Wars Battlefront" - the original one. People are saying Battlefront 3 to avoid confusion, and for simplicity - as they should.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I totally agree. their marketing so far has been complete trash. If you are offering pre-orders you need to give gameplay and serious incentive to do so. EA does not exactly have the best reputation and I dont really blame you for that opinion, but, I do think we need to give the game a chance.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

"I cannot stress this enough; there will be more than 8 maps!" he wrote. "Also, the amount of content in the game has absolutely zero to do with DLC. I can say that with all honesty.

conan-rofl.gif

-------

Current Rig

-------

I dont agree with the Battlefield 4 re-skin idea simply because we have seen no gameplay and I also dont think they would do that. Until we see gameplay the only conclusion we can justifiably make is that we are getting a new star wars game that is supposedly a Battlefront sequel thing.

The car analogy is really good and I totally agree. I am bummed out that they are not including a campaign, galactic conquest, instant action, ect. I am really going to miss playing those modes with my bro and my friends.However, as scaled down as the game will be, I still believe they are making a battlefront title and are trying to do a good job of it. Maybe that is not critical enough considering BF2, but I have waited a long time for a game like this and I am not going to let the nay sayers kill the game before we even have gmaeplay.

I realize everything they have discussed and shown so far has been somewhat a disappointment and seemingly lacking in total content, there is always DLC. Whether it is free or paid or it is a game update that delivers features to everyone, they are obviously planning on expanding the game. So we shall have to see i guess. 

I dont agree with the Battlefield 4 re-skin idea simply because we have seen no gameplay and I also dont think they would do that. Until we see gameplay the only conclusion we can justifiably make is that we are getting a new star wars game that is supposedly a Battlefront sequel thing.

The car analogy is really good and I totally agree. I am bummed out that they are not including a campaign, galactic conquest, instant action, ect. I am really going to miss playing those modes with my bro and my friends.However, as scaled down as the game will be, I still believe they are making a battlefront title and are trying to do a good job of it. Maybe that is not critical enough considering BF2, but I have waited a long time for a game like this and I am not going to let the nay sayers kill the game before we even have gmaeplay.

I realize everything they have discussed and shown so far has been somewhat a disappointment and seemingly lacking in total content, there is always DLC. Whether it is free or paid or it is a game update that delivers features to everyone, they are obviously planning on expanding the game. So we shall have to see i guess. 

Aye, it will probably be pretty good, most Dice games are. Just not what people originally expected. 

AluhHDx.png

And they say that they are building off of  "what the feeling of a Battlefront game is.". They are trying to create all of this hype around a game not living up to its legacy. Look at this^

Look how much more stuff BF2 has and this new battlefront is still going to be its 60$ cookie cutter game, all multiplayer. This is basically a Large DLC being sold for 60$.

Now this is just a rant with the current knowledge I have of the game now. But for now things aren't looking so hot for the name of my childhood game.

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY