How do I check fps on gta 5

iWillzHD

Title explains it all, just wondering how I do it

Title explains it all, just wondering how I do it

You can use the steam overlay. Shift+Tab. There's a setting in there to show FPS. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Just use FRAPS with all your games. But you can run the GTA V benchmark if you go in the graphics settings. 

XSplit (conveniently also a LTT sponsor) has an option to show FPS.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

I have the FPS overlay enabled in Nvidia Shadowplay. I prefer it because it's automatically there in any game I play and doesn't require me to remember to start up another third-party app. It's presence also reminds me to use Shadowplay, because I tend to forget I have it. :P

All of the above are good suggestions, though.

MSI Afterburner+Rivatuner is a good alternative.

DXTory also has an on screen FPS counter, but that is paid recording software.

I have the FPS overlay enabled in Nvidia Shadowplay. I prefer it because it's automatically there in any game I play and doesn't require me to remember to start up another third-party app. It's presence also reminds me to use Shadowplay, because I tend to forget I have it. :P

All of the above are good suggestions, though.

FPS overlay in Shadowplay is not working for me at all... I reinstalled it several times and still cant get it to work for some reason.

If you're playing GTA5 through steam just use the fps counter built into steam. Prevents you from needing to install any other software.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

FPS overlay in Shadowplay is not working for me at all... I reinstalled it several times and still cant get it to work for some reason.

I know Shadowplay was having issues for me unless I ran the game in full screen. I prefer borderless windowed though, so I use Steam's FPS built-in counter.

FRAPS

This is also an option. However if you begin crashing a lot with FRAPS being open then exit out of it. It has been known to cause crashes for some select people.

I know Shadowplay was having issues for me unless I ran the game in full screen. I just use Steam's FPS counter though.

Well, that may be the problem because I am runing games in Borderless mode as I have 2 monitors so Fullscreen is no go for me.

Well, that may be the problem because I am runing games in Borderless mode as I have 2 monitors so Fullscreen is no go for me.

Yeah, I mean you can go into the Shadowplay settings and switch it to record desktop but I'd prefer to just record with OBS game capture. I'd like Shadowplay to have a game capture option as well, since Shadowplay has pretty much no performance hit, but somebody was saying that's not going to happen. Oh well.

Yeah, I mean you can go into the Shadowplay settings and switch it to record desktop but I'd prefer to just record with OBS game capture. I'd like Shadowplay to have a game capture option as well, since Shadowplay has pretty much no performance hit, but somebody was saying that's not going to happen. Oh well.

I know that I can switch it to desktop mode but the FPS counter won't show up anyway.

I am also using OBS + Shadowplay for capturing moments.

You can use the steam overlay. Shift+Tab. There's a setting in there to show FPS.

Thats still only available in Beta version isnt it ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I use FRAPS

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP